Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I've played Touryst, Tetris, Forza, Gears, and a bit of Skate 3. It's been great.

Bojan11

I’ll be continuing Hollow Knight for the first few days :lol:
Id be busy downloading all my games and calculating storage spaces. Spiderman will most likely be my first game on PS.

I think everything should fit.

altodevil

Yeah I did that with PS Now the other week. 85% of what’s on there is garbage. I’d imagine the same is the case with game pass
Nope. Between Xbox and PC there's a wealth of top class games.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Series X seems to be a let down on the power front. It's not even matching the PS5 performance, so far. Games are not native 4k when they should be.

I'm not a graphics guy, so I don't really care. But I know that many will.

Bojan11

Series X seems to be a let down on the power front. It's not even matching the PS5 performance, so far. Games are not native 4k when they should be.

Shut up dude.

Play Forza and Gears. Those are the best looking games on the system because the devs had more time with the new development tools than Ubisoft who do a crappy job regardless. Watchdogs and Valhalla ain’t looking too great on 3090s either matey.

DMC runs better on Series X. It’s just for some reason the 120fps mode runs better on the PS5, which suggests again poor optimisation and again it was a rush job port. Most these cross gen games are rush job ports due to the pandemic and devs having to develop for more systems.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

Playing Gears 5 for the past week which is a last gen game and I am very impressed with the visuals

I think it’s a cracking piece of kit and getting used to the messy UI

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Shut up dude.

Play Forza and Gears. Those are the best looking games on the system because the devs had more time with the new development tools than Ubisoft who do a crappy job regardless. Watchdogs and Valhalla ain’t looking too great on 3090s either matey.

DMC runs better on Series X. It’s just for some reason the 120fps mode runs better on the PS5, which suggests again poor optimisation and again it was a rush job port. Most these cross gen games are rush job ports due to the pandemic and devs having to develop for more systems.
STOP THE COMPARISONS! ONLY COMPARE MS GAMES!

;)

Playing Gears 5 for the past week which is a last gen game and I am very impressed with the visuals

Gears 1 still looks great to be fair. The games may have dropped off in quality at times, but the attention to detail has always been outstanding.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
STOP THE COMPARISONS! ONLY COMPARE MS GAMES!

;)

Gears 1 still looks great to be fair. The games may have dropped off in quality at times, but the attention to detail has always been outstanding.
Do you mean the Gears remake?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

The only complaint I have against the UI is that I wish they put settings as one of the icons on the guide. It takes one too many presses to get to.

Bojan11

The only complaint I have against the UI is that I wish they put settings as one of the icons on the guide. It takes one too many presses to get to.
Forgot that.

Hows your elite controller? Remember one more strike and you are out.

Bojan11

I had a better time with it today. Not sure why you're on my ass today.
On your what?

I just don’t want your Amazon getting banned. I am not kidding around matey. If you have a prob with it this time then take it back to MS as it should be them who fixes it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Do you mean the Gears remake?
Nope, I mean the original. It still holds up much better than it has any right to.

Yep, the settings are stupidly hidden away. I think the same about profiles. In fact the whole thing is weird, if you load into a game and then switch profile, surely the game should just go back to menu and let you pick your playthrough? Instead you have to open the menu, come out of the profile screen and RB to the tab that lets you add the profile you want to use, then go back to the game which then automatically resumes as the original profile until you pause it, then it asks if you want to switch profile (which you clearly already did), then finally takes you back to the menu to begin again.

I mean it's horrible, it's worse than the PS4 method of switching profiles mid-game and that's some feat!

wr8_utd

:'(
This bit is true. Getting to settings is way too tedious a process and something you'd hope would be faster.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Agree on Settings. That's annoyed me lots of times.

When you open the guide it should be right there. I'd be okay with it being one of the icons at the bottom which you can press RT to get to in one leap (where audio settings, search etc sits)

wr8_utd

Anybody else bought the recharge battery? I thought they were all sold out but it turns out that's just Amazon.
Here in India, the new one with the USB C just does not exist anywhere. Will need to make do with rechargeable AA batteries.

ShinjiNinja26

Hopefully with the release of the PS5 it will distract enough people( scumbag scalpers mainly) and finally allow me to buy a Series X. There like fecking gold dust!

wr8_utd

Fifa 21 Beckham Standard Edition is avaiable at 50% off right now if anyone is interested. You need EA Play with it so if you got Game Pass you're good to go.

ShinjiNinja26

I've played Touryst, Tetris, Forza, Gears, and a bit of Skate 3. It's been great.
Lucky bastard! I’m still desperately searching everyday trying to buy a Series X before Christmas. :(

There like gold dust at the moment, the little stock that does appear from time to time is instantly hoovered up by fecking scalpers.:mad:

altodevil

Lucky bastard! I’m still desperately searching everyday trying to buy a Series X before Christmas. :(

There like gold dust at the moment, the little stock that does appear from time to time is instantly hoovered up by fecking scalpers.:mad:
Got mines from Norway by asking Microsoft chat advisor. Stroke of luck really.

JB7

Bit of a random one but my brothers decided he wants a One X for Christmas. Any Caftards upgraded to the Series X & still got their old one in decent nick knocking around they'd be interested in selling?

ShinjiNinja26

Available right now on Smyths Toys! Finally bagged one fecking buzzing!! Just hope everything goes smoothly now after hearing all the horror stories. :nervous:

@Bojan11 cheers for keeping an eye out for us pal, @Balljy as well.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

Out of stock for me
I must have got lucky I just happened to check the site and noticed the home delivery option was available which wasn’t before so I waited a couple mins and refreshed a few times and it came up add to basket, my bloody hands were shaking trying to type so fast :lol:

I would keep an eye out cause it must have only been a minute or two and it’s out of stock again. They may add more yet, I just hope everything’s ok with the order after reading some of the horror stories on here.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I must have got lucky I just happened to check the site and noticed the home delivery option was available which wasn’t before so I waited a couple mins and refreshed a few times and it came up add to basket, my bloody hands were shaking trying to type so fast :lol:

I would keep an eye out cause it must have only been a minute or two and it’s out of stock again. They may add more yet, I just hope everything’s ok with the order after reading some of the horror stories on here.
If you were really lucky you would have found PS5 stock.

ShinjiNinja26

If you were really lucky you would have found PS5 stock.
Haha more a PS man are you? I was all set initially on getting the PS5 but after researching a bit and comparing the 2 I think the Series X is the better console. I would think there will be more PS5 stock soon just keep checking, the Xbox has been drip feeding stock since launch I’m sure PS will be the same. Just keep checking all the time, tedious as feck I know but it’s all you can do. You got stock informer on?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Horizon 4 is the best racing game. Stunning visually, fun, full of content. I played it on One before but it’s on another level here.

Loading times and quick resume are the most impressive thing about this console for me. Game library is obviously weak for now but for someone who barely played Xbox games on previous generation there really is plenty to do. It feels so well made and premium too. Super happy with this purchase so far.

wr8_utd

Any recommendations for the best tennis game on the Xbox? Something realistic and not arcadey?

Alock1

Horizon 4 is the best racing game. Stunning visually, fun, full of content.
It's amazing right. Hope my drivatar is going you a tough time.

The DLCs are currently on sale in the Black Friday deals. In the UK they're £6 each or £16 as a bundle with some car packs and other bits and bobs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's amazing right. Hope my drivatar is going you a tough time.

The DLCs are currently on sale in the Black Friday deals. In the UK they're £6 each or £16 as a bundle with some car packs and other bits and bobs.

Definitely buying them! When does this deal expire?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Haha more a PS man are you? I was all set initially on getting the PS5 but after researching a bit and comparing the 2 I think the Series X is the better console. I would think there will be more PS5 stock soon just keep checking, the Xbox has been drip feeding stock since launch I’m sure PS will be the same. Just keep checking all the time, tedious as feck I know but it’s all you can do. You got stock informer on?
Genuine question what made you come to that conclusion?

ShinjiNinja26

Genuine question what made you come to that conclusion?
Well it comes out the box with the extra storage space, the game pass feature looks great value for money and I’m a big fan of the Fallout/Elder Scrolls games which look like they’ll be Xbox exclusives at the moment. Plus on paper it looks like the slightly more powerful console which if developers can take full advantage of could be the better system long term.

I skipped the Xbox One last gen and had the PS4 which was the superior console imo so I’ll miss the PS exclusives which were very good but with Microsoft buying up a lot of studios lately it looks like they’ll have a much better exclusive selection in the future compared with their previous offerings. I just feel the Series X edges it this time round, I could be wrong though.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's taken me a near full week but I think I can safely say that I've finally got used to the elite controller. I'm enjoying using it now.

Also, I'm enjoying Cold War the more I play, but and it's a big but, 8 maps is not enough.

I did try 120hz mode again today and dam, it really is hard to tell the difference with 60fps. The difference between 1080p and 4k is pretty big, though.

Alock1

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-series-x-s-3-year-warranty-at-microsoft-for-ps39-3596892

You might not be aware but you can grab a great deal from Microsoft Store, if you managed to get an xbox series X | S, you can extend the 1 year warranty to 3 years including accidental damage for just £39.

You can only do this within 45 days of delivery. So be aware of this for those waiting to open until Christmas you can upgrade now, but most likely too late at the end of December.

Important - You can only do this if you brought the console direct from Microsoft store.

Normally you do this on the console, but as per twitter below this is broken. So either grab Microsoft on live chat or give them a call on 0800 026 0329 , and request to buy the "Microsoft complete for xbox consoles" for £39 for 3 years.

Details microsoft.com/en-gb/store/b/microsoft-complete

Also don't forget to register the console as my preorder warranty started in September rather than the delivery date in November.

altodevil

I say we make a Caf team on Forza Horizon 5 when it comes out. Meant to be in Japan they think.