Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jonno

Some scalpers are claiming Very stocked over the weekend and they managed to buy a 1000 Xbox series x off them. I did see one available on Amazon Christmas shop last night but it was going for £1027 or something silly.

Apparantly scalping has been so bad that Microsoft and Sony are considering pre order payments to them and missing out the retailers. You’ll get info like you item is being built on such and such a day and sent out on a specific date.

I’ve been checking quite a bit trying to get one so if I see any I’ll give you a tag.
AO randomly had stock and i bought an xbox about 5 mins ago mate, arriving tomorrow for an extra £3

Andersons Dietician

AO randomly had stock and i bought an xbox about 5 mins ago mate, arriving tomorrow for an extra £3
Darn it. When I woke up I saw Argos had stock. When I added to trolly it went but wouldn’t give me an option for delivery so I assumed it was just some sort of glitch, or the stock had gone. That was around 7.30 am. I’ll keep checking but congrats.

Last edited:

C3Pique

Snagged an X at 9am this morning on AO after randomly checking, free Saturday delivery too when I'll be home. By the time I'd paid and phoned my colleague who's after one, they had already sold out.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
So, my elite Series 2 has a solid orange light on it indicating it needs a charge. However, the battery meter is still half full? It does not seem like it should need a charge already.

Is that light supposed to come on even though the controller is half full?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So, my elite Series 2 has a solid orange light on it indicating it needs a charge. However, the battery meter is still half full? It does not seem like it should need a charge already.

Yea. Does seem a bit premature. I guess they think serious gamers do insane sessions.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
In other news, Quick Resume now works in half the games I try. Is it working as intended for anyone?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

I've never seen the warning come on, and I have it over a year :lol: I do have it in the cradle more often than not, prob only goes 8 hours without a 'charge'

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just saved 80 quid on 12 months Game Pass Ultimate doing the conversion. Would've been more but I'd already done that quid deal.
Basically a year's Game Pass for £10.99.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Just saved 80 quid on 12 months Game Pass Ultimate doing the conversion. Would've been more but I'd already done that quid deal.
Yeah think I've got Game Pass for the equivalent of £3/4 a month for 3 years. Ridiculous value.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Nice mate - let me know if you fancy Gears 5, Halo, Titanfall, Battlefield, Battlefront etc.etc. any time

Or just warzone

Also, recommend World War Z for mindless co op with mates

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Has anyone else's Warzone gone from being Optimised for Series X/S to just normal?
I dont think mine every displayed the 'Optimised' part anyway - but I can see the textured pack is installed and working. So not sure if it is classified as Optimised or what.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nice mate - let me know if you fancy Gears 5, Halo, Titanfall, Battlefield, Battlefront etc.etc. any time

Or just warzone

Also, recommend World War Z for mindless co op with mates
I’ll be up for playing the new Halo with someone for sure. Doubt my mates will be up for that. Need to try Gears 5 still as well. I’m always on WZ but usually in a quad. Will give you a shout soon!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Has anyone tried Football Manager 2021 for Xbox? Thought this was gonna be on Game Pass but seems it’s FM2020 for PC that’s on there.

izzydiggler

Has anyone tried Football Manager 2021 for Xbox? Thought this was gonna be on Game Pass but seems it’s FM2020 for PC that’s on there.
Yeah I picked it up...has potential but a big buggy and the controls at best, will take some time to get used to.

Bojan11

@Bojan11

When are you going to update the thread title, nobody cares about your "mate"
You got some nerve telling me to update thread titles. What day is it tomorrow?

When you rightly update the Borat thread then I will consider changing the thread title.

altodevil

I'd also be keen for halo campaigns on legendary

Bojan11

Is there anybody in this thread who plays games that aren't Fifa, Halo, Cod and Football Manager? :lol:
Yeah. I am like nearly 70 hours in Yakuza and it’s been a grind. I need to boost my stats, so I am ready for the real final boss. It’s why I haven’t switched on my PS5 for weeks.

Alock1

Is there anybody in this thread who plays games that aren't Fifa, Halo, Cod and Football Manager? :lol:
Gears? Forza Horizon?

To be fair I've been smashing Spiderman and replaying TLOU Remastered on PS5 so my time with XSX has mostly been multiplayer games like the ones you mentioned.

Waiting for the next gen patch to play Control on Series X.

altodevil

Almost exclusively not those games. Don't own any other than Halo.

I'm struggling to find where I can download Dragon Quest. Don't see it in the standard game pass app on console.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Almost exclusively not those games. Don't own any other than Halo.

I'm struggling to find where I can download Dragon Quest. Don't see it in the standard game pass app on console.
Might not be updated yet? I found it a few days back somewhere (maybe I searched?) and pre-installed. It's definitely working as I tried it last night quickly.

Gears? Forza Horizon?

To be fair I've been smashing Spiderman and replaying TLOU Remastered on PS5 so my time with XSX has mostly been multiplayer games like the ones you mentioned.

Waiting for the next gen patch to play Control on Series X.
Aye Control is really good. When's the patch coming? I saw it's up on Game Pass.

altodevil

Might not be updated yet? I found it a few days back somewhere (maybe I searched?) and pre-installed. It's definitely working as I tried it last night quickly.
Will have another nosey in a bit then. Might do a full shutdown.

ShinjiNinja26

I got to say I love the Series X but feck me there an absolute dust magnet aren’t they, or is it just me? :lol: I have it sitting on top of my tv unit next to my tv, I should add everything is black the unit, tv, sound bar and there all spotless yet the Series x looks caked in dust even though it’s right beside all those other things it’s really strange. It’s like loads of little patches of dust all over it, very annoying but might be OCD kicking in. :lol:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
https://www.altchar.com/game-news/t...stories-set-in-the-same-universe-ad9Qn2Z5tVdv

All those episodes of Black Mirror are linked to each other, they take place within the same universe. When I talked about The Initiative's game, I'm not saying it's exactly like Black Mirror, but it has that Black Mirror-like aspect to it."

"I know the word episodic has been thrown around," insider Shpeshal Ed said about the game.

I don't think the internet is going to react very well to it. This is gonna be bad, a level of bad where people give up on Xbox Game Studios. Fanboys are gonna get really upset,"
he said in the podcast.
Makes sense due to Gamepass and Microsoft wanting people to be subscribed for a longer time.

The level of hype for this studio is insane but will this episode kind of structure backfire?

Alock1

Aye Control is really good. When's the patch coming? I saw it's up on Game Pass.
Also been playing Ori

Control isnt the ultimate edition on gamepass so won't come with the next gen patch, which there's currently no date for - maybe they've said Q1.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Also been playing Ori

Control isnt the ultimate edition on gamepass so won't come with the next gen patch, which there's currently no date for - maybe they've said Q1.
Same, the first one. I'm about halfway through.

It's good but I'm finding it a little uneven. It ranges from amazing to absolutely frustration in such a short space of time. There's certain design choices that I don't think well great together - the combat in particular and some of the trial and error parts (e.g.,, the escape sequences). The platforming parts though are largely top notch and a big part of me wishes it had focused entirely on this aspect (a la Celeste).

What are your thoughts?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Thought that was dismissed as bogus hence why resetera locked the thread. Who is Shpeshal Ed?
No idea. Got this from Neogaf. Could be BS but wouldn't suprise me if that's how new AAA games are developed.

By the way Xbox might finally get some great games ;)

Jonno

I've gone from no console, to Google Stadia on a 1080p, laggy and buffering

To a new Xbox series X, and new 4k TV with 60fps.

I'm set for the next 5 years, as a passive, start a game and never finish it, type of gamer

Forza Horizon is bloody gorgeous on xbox series x.

Which game pass games would you recommend for a casual gamer wanting to dip his toe? Downloaded Halo, Battlefield 5, golf

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

I'm set for the next 5 years, as a passive, start a game and never finish it, type of gamer

Which game pass games would you recommend for a casual gamer wanting to dip his toe? Downloaded Halo, Battlefield 5, golf
Star Wars: Fallen Order is a good one. Long story to is so plenty of gametime

altodevil

The Touryst. Quite quick but a cracking wee game that you can 100%.

hubbuh

How do you do this? Is there a guide online that shows the process?