Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavelinaJolie

First time I booted up SOT with the series X patch the difference was noticeable. Load times drastically reduced, the smooth 60fps, really was a treat, even coming from a one X.

I played Forza Horizon 4 last night, my god it is gorgeous.

Jericholyte2

So, last December I ordered an Xbox One X via Game with the Xbox All Access. After the 12 payments, 2 weeks ago I ordered the upgrade to the Series X.

Game warned me that due to low stocks they didn't know when the new console would arrive after I handed traded in my old one, but said they'd send the box for me to send mine back.

This morning I get an email saying the box to send my console back will be delivered this afternoon and so, Royal Mail arrives with a parcel for me, except it was heavy, like it had something in it...

IT WAS ONLY THE BRAND NEW CONSOLE!!!

I've been dancing around my kitchen for 5 minutes, I'm 34 years old.

Bojan11

So, last December I ordered an Xbox One X via Game with the Xbox All Access. After the 12 payments, 2 weeks ago I ordered the upgrade to the Series X.

Game warned me that due to low stocks they didn't know when the new console would arrive after I handed traded in my old one, but said they'd send the box for me to send mine back.

This morning I get an email saying the box to send my console back will be delivered this afternoon and so, Royal Mail arrives with a parcel for me, except it was heavy, like it had something in it...

@esmufc07 is adding you to his shit list.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

:lol: Know the feeling - I think we will be the generation gaming into our retirement. Enjoy it man!

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Call of the Sea is good so far and very nice to look at on the most part but some of the rocks are horrendous. feck you @VeevaVee for making me notice rocks.

Shamwow

I got a Series X primarily for Game Pass and I'm not disappointed so far. Played Phogs for a couple of hours last night and its a great little co-op game with decent rocks that I doubt I'd have ever bought but thankfully it's on Game Pass.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm really glad everyone is on board with the rocks. We'll only be truly next gen when the rocks look good.

@Redlambs tell your dumbass mates

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I might do a bad thing and get FIFA on xmas day. I said I wouldn't buy it but I always get a hankering to make United great again. FIFA on xmas day was always a tradition when I was a kid too. Problem is, I'm also probably gonna have to buy Cold War to make Warzone viable again, and I'm gonna feel like a right sucker buying both of these.

DavelinaJolie

I might do a bad thing and get FIFA on xmas day. I said I wouldn't buy it but I always get a hankering to make United great again. FIFA on xmas day was always a tradition when I was a kid too. Problem is, I'm also probably gonna have to buy Cold War to make Warzone viable again, and I'm gonna feel like a right sucker buying both of these.
I played the trial via EA access/Game Pass. Utter shit.

Shamwow

There are so many great indie games to buy now that offer unique and memorable experiences. I don't see the point in playing the same frustrating Fifa that we've had for 10 odd years. Granted I've not played it once since Fifa 18 but I've heard its not changed at all since.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There are so many great indie games to buy now that offer unique and memorable experiences. I don't see the point in playing the same frustrating Fifa that we've had for 10 odd years. Granted I've not played it once since Fifa 18 but I've heard its not changed at all since.
Oh I know. I said I wouldn't buy it. There's something relaxing about sitting down to a game of FIFA on career mode though.

Bojan11

Fifa is £20 on CDkeys, if that makes you feel any better.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Are they taking the piss with the Liverpool love in at the start? :lol:

Feck off making me listen to that shit song, and then having to play an entire game as them

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Among Us coming to GamePass when it roles out of Xbox - pretty sweet.

I’ve also downloaded Call of the Sea to check out these rocks

Shamwow

A cool thing I didn't realise you can do is play a game on your xbox, save and quit, then use the game pass app on your phone to carry on where you left off with the streaming service. The future is here!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
EA have enabled 2fa on my EA account and I have no access to that email address so haven't actually been able to play a single game :lol:
Feck losing about 10 years of whatever their useless points are.

Call their help and they make me jump through stupid hoops like asking for dates I bought EA games, despite most FIFAs I've had being on disc. I find two EA games I've bought (but pretty sure I didn't log in for - Skate 3 and FIFA 21, which I obviously can't log in on). They put me on hold for 5 mins only to tell me it wasn't successful and to call back with all this extra info which I was never asked for in the first place. Stupid cnuts.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Far-Cry 5 was a big disappointment. Outside of the 30 FPS lock. The actual game is just a bit empty and repetitive. Some animals also take hundreds of bullets to 'hunt'. Nice concept though. Easy 1000g too.

Kaos

Far-Cry 5 was a big disappointment. Outside of the 30 FPS lock. The actual game is just a bit empty and repetitive. Some animals also take hundreds of bullets to 'hunt'. Nice concept though. Easy 1000g too.
It's a Ubisoft open world game - once you've played one, you've pretty much played them all. Large open worlds with absolutely no substance. Watch Dogs: Legion actually had some huge promise to it but they still managed to bugger that up.

They need to go back to their classic Splinter Cell roots and stop pissing about with shite live services. Assassins Creed and Far Cry are not annual FIFA games ffs. Or better yet - actually finish Beyond good and evil 2.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's a Ubisoft open world game - once you've played one, you've pretty much played them all. Large open worlds with absolutely no substance. Watch Dogs: Legion actually had some huge promise to it but they still managed to bugger that up.

They need to go back to their classic Splinter Cell roots and stop pissing about with shite live services. Assassins Creed and Far Cry are not annual FIFA games ffs. Or better yet - actually finish Beyond good and evil 2.
I think you are right. I actually enjoyed Far Cry 2 back on the 360 more than this.

Shamwow

I completed Call of the Sea last night, great game although I'd imagine it's not everyone's cup of tea. The puzzles are mostly decent and not frustrating. Mostly though it's a great game just to enjoy while chilling and take in the fantastic scenery.

Been playing Phogs some more which is a fantastic co-op game where you play as one of the penises out of Cyberpunk 2077. And Hivebusters which has some of the best rocks and foliage going.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I completed Call of the Sea last night, great game although I'd imagine it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Been playing Phogs which is a fantastic and hilarious co-op game. And Hivebusters which has some of the best rocks and foliage going.
How long was it? I've got it downloaded and ready to rock* but trying to get through the first Act of DQXI first.

*Pointing out this pun because I don't think it's obvious enough.

Shamwow

How long was it? I've got it downloaded and ready to rock* but trying to get through the first Act of DQXI first.

*Pointing out this pun because I don't think it's obvious enough.
6-8 hours maybe? It's short and sweet. If it was any longer I reckon the puzzles would get tedious.

Last edited: