Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As a gamer with gamepass I'm fecking excited for the next 18 months and won't have to shell out an extra penny for it.

Compare that to the £170 odd I already shelled out for a remake that is inferior to the last game in the series, a good but utterly broken game, and r&c which is actually amazing.
Let's be honest we've all been happy enough to buy games outright digital and physical up until now. Gamepass being a good deal doesn't make that go away all of a sudden. For fully fledged next gen games it's still ok to pay full price (70 is a rip off imo but that's just me, I wait for the price drop).

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Let's be honest we've all been happy enough to buy games outright digital and physical up until now. Gamepass being a good deal doesn't make that go away all of a sudden. For fully fledged next gen games it's still ok to pay full price (70 is a rip off imo but that's just me, I wait for the price drop).
Consumer behaviour changes. Gamepass won't change that until it's on more devices and/or others copy but I've no doubt the industry will go that way for the mainstream.

I use to be happy to buy music CDs and DVDs too but I haven't bought either, digitally or physical, in 10 years.

Castia

Xbox won E3 for me. This was a really good year for Microsoft, it’s hard to deny they’re on the right track. Forza looks like the first real next gen game it was just incredible. It’s been said a million times but feck me Gamepass is just ridiculous.

I thought Nintendo was alright with the standouts being Metroid and BotW2, I was hoping for a reveal of the rumoured Switch upgrade but that wasn’t to be.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Pretty good if it's working for MLB. Batting well relies on some quick decisionmaking.
Ya I was impressed. I was hitting at the same timing point as I would directly on my Xbox.

the only experience streaming from my Xbox to laptop (so outside xcloud) was in cyberpunk, where I jumped up the side of a building - but of a refresh on screen and in seconds I spawned about 500m away from where I was - but that could just be Cyberpunk :lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I can assure you, you are wrong but i'm not going to argue against it.

People just don't notice or aren't used to it so it may feel "lag free" to them.

I can see the appeal to a casual gamer or someone who plays story driven/less mechanically skilled games being able to play on whatever devices they want though.

This is just explicitly for certain types of games.
I can assure you I’ve played same games on my Xbox and I’m not noticing it at all, even for games with timing required and footie games where you are timing a tackle.

Online would be a different story for sure though, we all know a millisecond is all it takes to screw you. But stop preaching what you haven’t experienced on yourself please and thanks - whether it is “misinformation” or not, it’s quite pompous of you, as what I’m experiencing in any potential lag feels negligible to me. I have mistimed anything - It isn’t noticeable for me playing the same games on Xbox and through xcloud. But as I said I’m lucky to have a great connection which also helps out.

ive Also experienced plenty of lag before and know what it feels like, from past crap connections to servers shitting themselves on you, including the input lag of an old tv I have. The points I interact with a game through my current tv are the same points I would do it on xcloud - it’s that simple of an experience. So don’t label me and others as those who don’t know what it feels like to suit your narrative

But I know full well it would contribute to issues if playing online MP. It’s a nice work around for me if I’m having a sneaky offline game during work or when sitting in my office upstairs - it isn’t the way I intend to game though.

Only ever issue of lag I’ve had is when streaming from my Xbox to my laptop using the beta app - the connection can become unstable at times as I’m using a WiFi booster to obtain that signal. It’s something I’m yet to experience on xcloud to that degree anyway.

condescending bastards like you get right up my arse.

Last edited:

El General 1994

I can assure you I’ve played same games on my Xbox and I’m not noticing it at all, even for games with timing required and footie games where you are timing a tackle.

Online would be a different story for sure though, we all know a millisecond is all it takes to screw you. But stop preaching what you haven’t experienced on yourself please and thanks - whether it is “misinformation” or not, it’s quite pompous of you, as what I’m experiencing in any potential lag feels negligible to me. I have mistimed anything - It isn’t noticeable for me playing the same games on Xbox and through xcloud. But as I said I’m lucky to have a great connection which also helps out.

ive Also experienced plenty of lag before and know what it feels like, from past crap connections to servers shitting themselves on you, including the input lag of an old tv I have. The points I interact with a game through my current tv are the same points I would do it on xcloud - it’s that simple of an experience. So don’t label me and others as those who don’t know what it feels like to suit your narrative

But I know full well it would contribute to issues if playing online MP. It’s a nice work around for me if I’m having a sneaky offline game during work or when sitting in my office upstairs - it isn’t the way I intend to game though.

Only ever issue of lag I’ve had is when streaming from my Xbox to my laptop using the beta app - the connection can become unstable at times as I’m using a WiFi booster to obtain that signal. It’s something I’m yet to experience on xcloud to that degree anyway.

condescending bastards like you get right up my arse.
Great post.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Me and @Redlambs get similar accusations thrown at us from time to time. You're welcome to go through my posts and how to a proper arrogant, condescending prick.
I am a condescending prick in the vs thread and happy to have that fun. Laughing at people arguing over technical aspects they don't understand is amusing.

Whoops! DId it again ; )
Seems a given for PS/PC guys.
Hope you are not including me in that, me old mucker...

b82REZ

I am a condescending prick in the vs thread and happy to have that fun. Laughing at people arguing over technical aspects they don't understand is amusing.

Whoops! DId it again ; )

Hope you are not including me in that, me old mucker...
Shit, I genuinely thought we were in the VS thread. I'll give myself 15 lashes so I don't get thread banned.

Bosws87

I haven’t watched this yet will watch it when I’m home from work. I finished the enhanced edition on pc which was built from the ground up with Ray tracing in mind.

Was excited to see what the console version turns out like if it’s a decent attempt well worth buying again it felt very next gen on pc really well done atmosphere and lighting is superb.

No PlayStation comparison so far so going in this thread for now.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

I haven’t watched this yet will watch it when I’m home from work. I finished the enhanced edition on pc which was built from the ground up with Ray tracing in mind.

Was excited to see what the console version turns out like if it’s a decent attempt well worth buying again it felt very next gen on pc really well done atmosphere and lighting is superb.

No PlayStation comparison so far so going in this thread for now.
I really liked the first and second games, but completely forgot they made a third. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I hope they don't do seasons (not car/battle pass seasons, but Autumn/Winter etc.) like on FH4, or if they do, they don't lock you in for an extensive period of time.
Alas.

Seasons were such a great hook for Forza Horizon 4, not just for the game, but as a way to structure the content updates over time. Will there be anything similar in 5?

Mike Brown:
Yeah, there will be seasons in Forza Horizon 5. Obviously, Mexico has really, really different seasonality compared to Britain, but it's actually super interesting. Because Mexico is this massive country with really huge elevation changes, you find that when the seasons change, it can affect different areas of the world in different ways. That's true for real Mexico, so that's the way we've tried to recreate it in the game. I think probably one of the clearest examples is that during the winter, in the dry season, up on the top of the volcano, it'll be fairly deep snow, you can get blizzards. But it is the dry season, so you head down the side of the volcano, head out towards the coast, and it's baking hot - it's a bright, sunny day.

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-...ts-more-of-the-same?__twitter_impression=true

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I came into read up on the Xbox conference but this page has been hilarious :lol:

DavelinaJolie

New Sea of Thieves content is out. I've briefly hopped on, but from my ten minutes they've added more stuff to the world. They keep layering things on and making the game more interesting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I might grab the memory expansion soon. For a console with no games that big 1tb is looking very full.