Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Ooof. Bojan's mate isn't happy

Not to sound like a massive fanboy as I think the price hike sucks but it's weird that people crying about it when Xbox Gold's been cheaper than PS Plus for a while now. You conveniently never hear them talk about that :wenger:

Edit: That's only for three months apparently. I'm misinformed.

The good news is that if you're subbed already Xbox say they'll renew at the current price (so no change?).

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
With today's Xbox Gold news, if you want Gold and GamePass, get 12 months (or more) EA access for £16 at Shopto. It will convert to 4 months of GamePass ultimate.

I just bought 24 months ea access. So, that's 8 months of GPU for £33.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Why would they?

They don’t even own them yet.
Anyone who takes anything he says seriously would be in contention for most naive person on the planet.
He's basically Sean Murray without the redemption ark.
Was shocked to see him as executive producer (or whatever it was) for that Indiana Jones game.

But I didn't know the acquisition hadn't gone through yet. Thanks for that info.

Bojan11

Anyone who takes anything he says seriously would be in contention for most naive person on the planet.
He's basically Sean Murray without the redemption ark.
Was shocked to see him as executive producer (or whatever it was) for that Indiana Jones game.

But I didn't know the acquisition hadn't gone through yet. Thanks for that info.
Molyneux was worse to be fair.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Molyneux was worse to be fair.
True from what I've heard, but I was young at that time, never read anything about fable before playing it for example.
He never used to be.

I've had a beer or three with him, and he used to be a pure gamer who was all about the design. But all studio heads get the ego and turn into dicks one way or another over time. We used to compare it to the front man disease :lol:

DavelinaJolie

It's promising that they listened to feedback around this, but still disappointing they thought it was something to do anyway. It's caused them a huge negative lashback and unfortunately perpetuates the negative views people have of them, the climb down won't reverse that.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Door in the face.

They'll be back with another price hike but it won't be as shocking after "listening to the community" and people will accept it.

hubbuh

Door in the face.

They'll be back with another price hike but it won't be as shocking after "listening to the community" and people will accept it.
It's inevitable that Game Pass will increase in price at some point. There's no way they can feasibly charge £8 a month forever after acquiring studios like Bethesda for however many billion and massive new games like Halo, Fable etc. going straight on Game Pass for no fee. I wouldn't mind paying a tenner, for example, if the stream of games is consistently really, really good. A 100% price increase on Gold was fecking lunacy though.

hobbers

Until the crushing realisation that those exclusives are still Halo, Forza and about 30 other shooters.
And that those exclusive series have all been getting steadily worse for the last 3-4 iterations, without fail.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Top company. Just goes to show there's some good left in the world.

It's inevitable that Game Pass will increase in price at some point. There's no way they can feasibly charge £8 a month forever after acquiring studios like Bethesda for however many billion and massive new games like Halo, Fable etc. going straight on Game Pass for no fee. I wouldn't mind paying a tenner, for example, if the stream of games is consistently really, really good. A 100% price increase on Gold was fecking lunacy though.
I'm expecting the hike when they get xcloud up and running - so the line will be that you're paying more to be able to stream to any device.

In fact, quote me on it. I'm that confident.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Alright so I beat the original Halo trilogy and here's my quick thoughts:

Halo CE - Has aged a lot. Feels like much of the the game was built around the idea of scope and having massive levels just isn't quite unique now for obvious reasons. Still, lots of fun and a great introduction/general atmosphere.

Halo 2 - Surprised how good and modern this one is. Levels are more corridor-like which won't appeal to all but it's got a surprisingly dark side which I like. The story is great. Also the Arbiter levels really elevate the game. The best one IMO.

Halo 3 - Incredibly bombastic but a bit of a step back from 2. The story doesn't get going until halfway in and I hate how Arbiter gets left out harder than than Elvis on Channel 4's programme scheduling. Decent though, if a little lopsided.

All in all, good fun. Would Halo again.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Halo CE is one of my fav games. Remember the Library/Flood for the first time. Major adrenile rush.
The Library gets a bad rep but it's quite a fun level. It's the same thing over and over but there's great satisfaction blasting flood with a shotgun.

Must admit though that I fecked up at the end because I didn't realise you were supposed to rush to the bridge. I kept trying to kill the infinite spawning wave of bastards.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Some tweets from the thread. The gold price increase was to get more people to opt for gamepass and more importantly @esmufc07 me old mucker, MS are not done buying studios or IPs for gamepass.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Says the Sony sucker. Go back to only playing Apex.
I’ll play games I enjoy. Sony haven’t announced a plan to double the price of PS Plus, reversed it then claimed it was in the consumer interest to get them to switch to PS Now. Glad you believe MS’ lies. Look forward to the Bethesda exclusive game in 10 years.

Bojan11

I’ll play games I enjoy. Sony haven’t announced a plan to double the price of PS Plus, reversed it then claimed it was in the consumer interest to get them to switch to PS Now. Glad you believe MS’ lies. Look forward to the Bethesda exclusive game in 10 years.
Sony charge you for cloud saves. Even apple who are the greediest company in the world give you that free.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Can we just agree it was a mistake by Microsoft and that it was good they reversed it so quickly, but you have to wonder if and where they will get that extra revenue from now, without it turning into an MS vs Sony thing. Wrong thread for that.

MS would never have u-turned on this decision in the first place if everyone was shilling for them and saying it's fine.

Bojan11

Have Sony attempted to double their subscription price?
Have MS closed down a Chinese retailer because they were selling imported consoles?

Have MS got Ddosed for a month from kiddies and have their whole network down? And then after people’s private details got leaked they offered shitty games as compensation.

Have MS priced out their gamers by pricing games to £70?

Have MS appeared on BBC watchdog?

Have MS made multiplayer free on their console and then start charging for it on their new console?

You living in the past and so can I.

Reactions: VeevaVee

Bojan11

Have Sony attempted to double their subscription price?
Yes they did.

If you were jumping from PS3 to PS4 and wanted to play online you had to pay £40 a year. So that’s a £40 increase! Unlucky kiddo.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Can we just agree it was a mistake by Microsoft and that it was good they reversed it so quickly, but you have to wonder if and where they will get that extra revenue from now, without it turning into an MS vs Sony thing. Wrong thread for that.

MS would never have u-turned on this decision in the first place if everyone was shilling for them and saying it's fine.
Why do we think they’re in desperate need for extra revenue? A good wedge will come from getting more people on game pass, which is what this whole thing seems to have been about. I imagine the numbers will increase as the exclusives start appearing.

The price will no doubt creep up though obviously, like everything.

Have MS closed down a Chinese retailer because they were selling imported consoles?

Have MS got Ddosed for a month from kiddies and have their whole network down? And then after people’s private details got leaked they offered shitty games as compensation.

Have MS priced out their gamers by pricing games to £70?

Have MS appeared on BBC watchdog?

Have MS made multiplayer free on their console and then start charging for it on their new console?

You living in the past and so can I.
Great post. You’ve absolutely rekd him here