Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
If we're confused, and I like to think that we're all very intelligent people on this forum, then the average customer is fecked.

In fact they'll probably give up on next gen altogether and just buy a Tamagotchi.
which Tamagotchi has all the tereflops again?

JB7

Haven't looked into the consoles this time around at all as I built a PC last year & have been gaming on that instead, always been a Playstation man but came to this topic about the £28.99 24 month Game Pass + Xbox SX console with no up front cost, that is a seriously good price and I think that'll tempt a lot of people. Tbh if I could get on with the Xbox controller it would probably tempt me and I'm not even in the market for a console yet.

Sony have one hell of a job on their hands tomorrow to get near that level of offering.

DavelinaJolie

So I'm pretty certain I'm getting a series X. Between my 2 years worth of teaming gammpass, friends playing there/windows PC and having over 300,000 Microsoft points that can be redeemed for around £280 Microsoft credit it just makes too much sense.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Time to test this bad boy out.
It's really good mate. I love mine.

I use the same buttons on both though, the 2 left paddles are A and the 2 right are B. I haven't progressed to having 4 options on the back yet as I'm prone to fat fingers bashing the wrong one by mistake.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Whats actually unique about that controller to make it cost that much? Genuine question.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

I use the same buttons on both though, the 2 left paddles are A and the 2 right are B. I haven't progressed to having 4 options on the back yet as I'm prone to fat fingers bashing the wrong one by mistake.
I've been using it for about 1 hour. One issue so far, the A button is getting stuck say every 10th press or so. Do you think that it just needs breaking in? or is it bust?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Whats actually unique about that controller to make it cost that much? Genuine question.
Really feels good in the hand and also comes many accessories. Different thumbsticks etc. Also, it has a 40 hour battery life.

I should add, though, if mine is broke then I don't think it's worth the money!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I actually got one of these because I was playing so much during lockdown, needed a new controller and found one for cheap (although stil obviously a fair bit more than the standard one).

Only used 2 paddles at first but now I’m on 3 plus the 4th as shift and 2 more :lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

Time to test this bad boy out.
It's brilliant. Have mine since release. The only thing that I didnt like was the reduced size of the paddles (I'm double jointed in my fingers to harder to hit the correct paddle), but as i had the elite 1, I just use those bigger paddles instead.

Elite 1 wore away at the triggers and looked tacky very quickly. Series 2 in same timeframe and probably more used, it's nearly as new still.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's brilliant. Have mine since release. The only thing that I didnt like was the reduced size of the paddles (I'm double jointed in my fingers to harder to hit the correct paddle), but as i had the elite 1, I just use those bigger paddles instead.

Elite 1 wore away at the triggers and looked tacky very quickly. Series 2 in same timeframe and probably more used, it's nearly as new still.
Have you had a problem with any of the buttons sticking? I think mine might have to go back. The build quality seems awful.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Have you had a problem with any of the buttons sticking? I think mine might have to go back. The build quality seems awful.
Never had this sticking issue at all, but seen it mentioned a few times here. I think I was one of the lucky ones, build quality is great for me. I am careful with it, but still dropped it once or twice by accident/off the table - in a normal controller it would become a baby rattler with bits flying around inside, whereas mine is still solid.

Bojan11

Amazon had it for £125 the other day. I posted about in one of these threads. Keep an eye out for the deal coming back.
You will be fine mate if it breaks. Amazon are good with stuff like that as long as you don’t have a habit of abusing their return policy. Do you?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
You will be fine mate if it breaks. Amazon are good with stuff like that as long as you don’t have a habit of abusing their return policy. Do you?
Nope. Anyway, that was a short lived love affair! Already sent back. You would think the build quality would be much higher in an expensive controller, but nope. I've just done some reading and I would avoid this controller. MS must use cheap parts or something.

Pscholes18

Guess I'm late to the game but both PS 5"s are exactly the same except the drive.....why didn't Xbox do this???

Bojan11

So proud of MS holding back their next gen console for those without 4K TVs.
Sony said they believe in next gen gaming. But now it’s changed to cross gen gaming is good and PS4 has 4 more years. You let me down Elvis. I wanted next gen sole experiences. You were supposed to hand deliver it to me.

Alock1

Sony said they believe in next gen gaming. But now it’s changed to cross gen gaming is good and PS4 has 4 more years. You let me down Elvis. I wanted next gen sole experiences. You were supposed to hand deliver it to me.
The commentary around this in the past few months has been pretty full on, so interested to hear what the guys think of Spiderman, Horizon and maybe others too (God of War next year I'm sure..) being on PS4.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The commentary around this in the past few months has been pretty full on, so interested to hear what the guys think of Spiderman, Horizon and maybe others too (God of War next year I'm sure..) being on PS4.
It tells me they're not far off being released, but they will obviously not run as well/look as good on the PS4.

I'd be surprised if God of War 2 comes to PS4, considering that will probably get pushed back to 2022 anyway.

DavelinaJolie

I think it's good all round for consumers, not forcing an upgrade.

Alock1

It tells me they're not far off being released, but they will obviously not run as well/look as good on the PS4.

I'd be surprised if God of War 2 comes to PS4, considering that will probably get pushed back to 2022 anyway.
And won't look as good as they could & should look on PS5, right?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Elvis turned from taking the rip to the ultimate fanboy, defending anything PlayStation to the hilt, even if he has to completely change his tune - which let’s be honest, is the ultimate sign of a fanboy.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
You'll have to guess their answer because I imagine most will go quiet on the subject now.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Guess I'm late to the game but both PS 5"s are exactly the same except the drive.....why didn't Xbox do this???
They wanted to offer something to undercut the PS5 by a decent margin to eat into the share. If Xbox had gone the same route as PS5 then the price of the Series S would be pretty much the same, if not slightly more expensive than the PS5 DE which wouldn't be much use.