Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinjiNinja26

Unfortunately, the only solution with CW at the moment seems to be to disable ray tracing. Otherwise prepare yourself for plenty of crashes.
Aye it’s a bit of a joke tbh. I’ve read that it’s still crashing for some even with ray tracing disabled, I think I’ll avoid the game altogether until it’s fixed. Don’t want to take the risk with the console being brand new. I will just download a few games from game pass that’ll keep me going until it’s fixed.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I picked up Farcry 5, GTA 5, and RDR2 in the sales. Not going to lie I'm finding it difficult to play in 30 FPS. The fact they are all locked pending the graciousness of the developers is mental. Really my only major gripe about going back to console.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm sure it will be a surprise to no one but I played the Cold War campaign with RT shadows on and I couldn't notice any difference.

I do have to eat some humble pie, though. After spending more time with it, I'm now enjoying using my elite controller.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I'm sure it will be a surprise to no one but I played the Cold War campaign with RT shadows on and I couldn't notice any difference.

I do have to eat some humble pie, though. After spending more time with it, I'm now enjoying using my elite controller.
I can even see improvements on both Cold War and Forza Horizon 4 with my 7 year old Standard Full HD Sony Bravia... it’s basically fancy reflections, look at puddles/windows/metallic options to see reflections you normally wouldn’t see

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I can even see improvements on both Cold War and Forza Horizon 4 with my 7 year old Standard Full HD Sony Bravia... it’s basically fancy reflections, look at puddles/windows/metallic options to see reflections you normally wouldn’t see
But when I first played through the campaign I never noticed anything different. Only saw it when it was pointed out afterwards. In that case, it's probably not worth the performance hit.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
But when I first played through the campaign I never noticed anything different. Only saw it when it was pointed out afterwards. In that case, it's probably not worth the performance hit.
It’s a nicety to have, especially in a storytelling mode. you’d imagine when the devs get to grips with both PS5 and Xbox Series architectures - it will make agame ‘pop’ even more. Obviously when on multiplayer you’re more concerned with footsteps than thinking to themselves “jaysus look at the reflection off my gun”

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anyway I can check if I can do the £1 Game Pass deal? Pretty sure I've wasted it in the past on one month but not 100%.

Annoying that I did it before everyone started gaming the system and have possibly lost out.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Anyway I can check if I can do the £1 Game Pass deal? Pretty sure I've wasted it in the past on one month but not 100%.

Annoying that I did it before everyone started gaming the system and have possibly lost out.
A few of my mates did the deal before but have still got the offer now. I think the only way to check is just if it's on the dash or try to go and purchase it.

You still have a few options though. Gameshare with a mate, so they put the 3 years of live on their account and upgrade for £1. You add their user to your console and set it as the accounts primary. Then you log back into your own account and can leverage their gamepass ultimate.

Me and my mate just did. Meaning we have 3 years of gamepads, ea access, Xbox live gold, and xcloud for £61 each, or £1.66 per month.

If you don't want to gameshare with someone else, create a 2nd account and do it there instead. You can still play all games on your current one. And final cost is instead £121 or £3 per month which is still absolutely class.

Andersons Dietician

I had heard this was getting a restock in the UK today but looking everywhere and nothing confirms it and I’ve been refreshing the usual sites trying to get my hands on one but no joy. I’ve seen the 7th of December mentioned as well.

Bojan11

I had heard this was getting a restock in the UK today but looking everywhere and nothing confirms it and I’ve been refreshing the usual sites trying to get my hands on one but no joy. I’ve seen the 7th of December mentioned as well.
No chance they were going to put this or the PS5 on their websites today. It’s the biggest retail day and the last thing retailers want is their websites dying.

Alock1

Even if you were a retailer who did have new stock today, it'd be crazy to put it live on Black Friday and risk it putting additional strain on your website.

I think it'll be Tuesday before we see it live at the earliest.

Bojan11

Even if you were a retailer who did have new stock today, it'd be crazy to put it live on Black Friday and risk it putting additional strain on your website.

I think it'll be Tuesday before we see it live at the earliest.
You are worse than @esmufc07. Quit copying me before I starting bringing up Project Spark again as I know it’s a subject close to your heart.

Alock1

You are worse than @esmufc07. Quit copying me before I starting bringing up Project Spark again as I know it’s a subject close to your heart.
Im always up for talking about Project Spark mate

It's like Xbox's own Giuseppe Rossi

Bojan11

Im always up for talking about Project Spark mate

It's like Xbox's own Giuseppe Rossi
Your mate Jeff Grubb seems to think there’s a Forza Horizon 5 coming out next year and before Forza 7.

Alock1

Your mate Jeff Grubb seems to think there’s a Forza Horizon 5 coming out next year and before Forza 7.
Forza 7 is already out mate so that'd be a big fecking surprise

Bojan11

You can’t tell me to go away and then ask me a question
You will do what I say, just like you had to use the app to find deals on the PSN store. The 4K dash isn’t for buying games.

I will let you stay here if you stream Demon’s souls. @VeevaVee wants to see you in action. I promised him big things about you, so don’t let me down.

Andersons Dietician

No chance they were going to put this or the PS5 on their websites today. It’s the biggest retail day and the last thing retailers want is their websites dying.
Probably true, my source was from someone who works for Microsoft in sales that said it would be restocked today but maybe you’re right and they aren’t putting it up yet. You would think he’d have the damn hook up but nooooo.

Alock1

Or apparently, just buy 3 years of gamepass from cdkeys and then do the one off £11 per month of GPU and it will convert the 3 years. So now it's £131 instead of £121, maybe less if you get cheaper codes from cdkeys

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The MCC achievements are crazy difficult. Gears 5 as well obviously but that was expected.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

You can play even more older games that are not even on Xbox @esmufc07
Im a big fan of MVG, but I'm not sure I'd call the XSS a emulation "beast". Running an emulator through a Windows App seems a pretty high level way of doing it without too many options.

For comparison, my £150 Windows PC Console can run CEMU Beath of the Wild.

Andersons Dietician

Struggling massively to find stock. Apparently Very are restocking any moment
Some scalpers are claiming Very stocked over the weekend and they managed to buy a 1000 Xbox series x off them. I did see one available on Amazon Christmas shop last night but it was going for £1027 or something silly.

Apparantly scalping has been so bad that Microsoft and Sony are considering pre order payments to them and missing out the retailers. You’ll get info like you item is being built on such and such a day and sent out on a specific date.

I’ve been checking quite a bit trying to get one so if I see any I’ll give you a tag.

wr8_utd

:'(
Star Wars squadrons seems decent fun so far. Playing it on the trial mode with Game Pass and I think I'd download this once it's free.

Jonno

Some scalpers are claiming Very stocked over the weekend and they managed to buy a 1000 Xbox series x off them. I did see one available on Amazon Christmas shop last night but it was going for £1027 or something silly.

Apparantly scalping has been so bad that Microsoft and Sony are considering pre order payments to them and missing out the retailers. You’ll get info like you item is being built on such and such a day and sent out on a specific date.

I’ve been checking quite a bit trying to get one so if I see any I’ll give you a tag.
Thanks that would be much appreciated. Yeah, I did read that article you mention so hopefully Very will re-sell the 1,000 units in the next day or two.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Mate of mine’s girlfriend ordered him one ‘from either MS or Game’. Says delivery before Xmas eve. What’s the likelihood of that being correct?