Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fully Fledged

No, I just post Xbox news seeing as this thread is a tumbleweed since Bojan left. They were posted around the same time as the PlayStation ones so thought I'd kill two birds with one stone by posting both. Different people like different games, just because Injustice was free last year and none of the games are new doesn't mean they're horrendously bad choices for a service that tried to double its price at the start of the year.
But the dialled back on that. Unlike PS5 with their £70 8 hour games.

Shark

@NotShark
So do I I love Bethesda games I know they have made a few missteps recently with Fallout but as a hole I love the concept of their games.
Apparently they've fixed up Fallout 76 quite a bit and it's actually decent now. Fallout 4 wasn't amazing but still better and more ambitious than most games of that nature. I think talk of Bethesda's decline is a tad overblown.

Fully Fledged

Apparently they've fixed up Fallout 76 quite a bit and it's actually decent now. Fallout 4 wasn't amazing but still better and more ambitious than most games of that nature. I think talk of Bethesda's decline is a tad overblown.
I liked Fallout 4 I was on about releasing 76 broken, that is why I said misstep rather than massive clanger. I haven't played it so I can't comment on how much it has improved but I have heard some good things about it.
I think that with how FO76 was received at launch and how Cyberpunk is still catching flack so long after it's release Bethesda are going to think twice before releasing a broken mess again. We know nothing about Starfield and I'm hoping that some of that will change in the up coming event even if it is a 2022 release. I'm just so hyped for this game as I am with all Bethesda's single player games.

Ainu

Releasing (slightly) broken games is what Bethesda do, though. The initial release of Skyrim on consoles was a mess of bugs and poor performance. Ten years ago they could get away with that but standards have changed. With them now being a first party MS studio I do expect a much more solid product on Xbox machines though. But will they ever release a truly polished product on release? That isn't in their DNA, so to speak.

Shark

@NotShark
I liked Fallout 4 I was on about releasing 76 broken, that is why I said misstep rather than massive clanger. I haven't played it so I can't comment on how much it has improved but I have heard some good things about it.
I think that with how FO76 was received at launch and how Cyberpunk is still catching flack so long after it's release Bethesda are going to think twice before releasing a broken mess again. We know nothing about Starfield and I'm hoping that some of that will change in the up coming event even if it is a 2022 release. I'm just so hyped for this game as I am with all Bethesda's single player games.
Yeah neither have I, just heard good things from someone I know at work. I've a very good feeling about Starfield also, think Bethesda are making sure it's as close to a finished product as possible before giving much away.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
If Halo is anything to go by - Microsoft will be ensuring it's in a decent state. As with all bethesda games though, there will be bugs.

Bebe

If you'd asked me at the start of the Xbone/PS4 generation, missing out on the next entries in the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series would have been a serious factor for me. That was following Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.

Now, following Fallout 4, 76 and...well ESO I guess, Bethesda have a worrying Bioware vibe about them to me. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Fully Fledged

Yeah neither have I, just heard good things from someone I know at work. I've a very good feeling about Starfield also, think Bethesda are making sure it's as close to a finished product as possible before giving much away.
Can't wait for a Todd Howard deep dive whether that is this E3 or next year is still up for debate Covid has a lot to answer for.

Bosws87

If you'd asked me at the start of the Xbone/PS4 generation, missing out on the next entries in the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series would have been a serious factor for me. That was following Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.

Now, following Fallout 4, 76 and...well ESO I guess, Bethesda have a worrying Bioware vibe about them to me. Hopefully they prove me wrong.
In the same boat sometimes developers just make games at the right time like rare absolute classics, then things change and they can’t reproduce it anymore. That’s the vibe I get with bethesda RPG’s anyway.

Doom etc are in great hands that game just getting better and better.

Bebe

In the same boat sometimes developers just make games at the right time like rare absolute classics, then things change and they can’t reproduce it anymore. That’s the vibe I get with bethesda RPG’s anyway.

Agreed. Much as I want to believe they could pump out a "Skyrim + 10 years of game development progress + Morrowind-level immersive" type personal dream game for me, expecting something like that seems ridiculous given that their RPGs have been getting farther and farther away from that over the past decade.

evil_geko

I am not a Doom fan myself, but I know a lot of hardcore Doom fans that are with the franchise from the very start and they absolutely hated Doom Eternal and thought it had horrible level design and how it was a big stepdown from Doom 2016.

Ainu

I am not a Doom fan myself, but I know a lot of hardcore Doom fans that are with the franchise from the very start and they absolutely hated Doom Eternal and thought it had horrible level design and how it was a big stepdown from Doom 2016.
I absolutely despised Doom Eternal's gameplay. Loads of people seemed to love it, so there's clearly no right or wrong, it's just really not for me. I simply wanted more Doom 2016, bigger, faster and better. Sadly, that's not what we got.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Shit month, for both :lol: Jesus. Makes me feel ripped off even though I've had my monies worth out of both recently :lol:
They will be saving some announcements for E3 mate.

I wouldnt be surprise if something drops in month like Psychonauts or Flight Simulator

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yeah big shame about this month really. Was well hoping to add to my list of 20 games I want to play...

Speaking of which - Ace Combat, Ori: Will 'o Wisp or A Plague's Tale?

Coming off the back of GTA V so edging towards 1 as I'm in the mood for more vehicles.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah big shame about this month really. Was well hoping to add to my list of 20 games I want to play...

Coming off the back of GTA V so edging towards 1 as I'm in the mood for more vehicles.
Have you played Ori and the Blind Forest?

Balljy

They will be saving some announcements for E3 mate.

I wouldnt be surprise if something drops in month like Psychonauts or Flight Simulator
Is Flight Simulator not released / not on Game Pass for Xbox? It's been on the PC Game Pass since release day - seems weird that PC is better off for that one :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Is Flight Simulator not released / not on Game Pass for Xbox? It's been on the PC Game Pass since release day - seems weird that PC is better off for that one :lol:
The Xbox version isn't released yet but I think it could drop in E3 or otherwise in the next 1-2 months - will be day 1 on Xbox Gamepass.

Balljy

The Xbox version isn't released yet but I think it could drop in E3 or otherwise in the next 1-2 months - will be day 1 on Xbox Gamepass.
Cheers, I didn't realise that. It's a good game, especially free on Game Pass as it's not normally one I'd fork out for but is great for a relaxing hour or two.

Ainu

Haven't played Ace Combat but Ori WotW and A Plague Tale were very enjoyable for me. Both well worth playing. A Plague Tale is nothing special in terms of gameplay but an intriguing story, a good cast of characters with excellent voice work and surprisingly beautiful visuals and style for a non-AAA title.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Have you played Ori and the Blind Forest?
Ya late last year, it's v. good. Wanted to leave a gap between it and the sequel so I didn't get burned out.

Haven't played Ace Combat but Ori WotW and A Plague Tale were very enjoyable for me. Both well worth playing. A Plague Tale is nothing special in terms of gameplay but an intriguing story, a good cast of characters with excellent voice work and surprisingly beautiful visuals and style for a non-AAA title.
Cheers, my dude!

Andersons Dietician

Dont know if people are still searching for the X but that’s Game just got stock but they are only selling in bundle packages. Dont seem to be able to just buy the standard box.