Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

b82REZ

I do want to play these games, are they good? May pick them up for the switch.
Personally I'd skip Blind Forest. Doesn't hold up compared to other Metroidvania games.

Will of the Wisps is amazing though. Both play extremely well on the Switch as well.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Getting addicted to Sea of Thieves again, such a bloody great game.
Yeah I'm dreading jumping back in as so much has changed, but I'm sorely tempted to hit the seas again.

It's such a great game, I get why people are put off as it seems too hard to get into and the pvp, but it's really not as difficult as people make out. And that's coming from someone who learned the ropes solo slooping :lol:

DavelinaJolie

Yeah I'm dreading jumping back in as so much has changed, but I'm sorely tempted to hit the seas again.

It's such a great game, I get why people are put off as it seems too hard to get into and the pvp, but it's really not as difficult as people make out. And that's coming from someone who learned the ropes solo slooping :lol:
It definitely exposes the people who just want to see the world burn...

I was a day one player, played it so much in the first year, but had a bad experience in one session that really soured me on it. Took a few months and I was back to finally get to pirate legend. Since then I play on and off. The initial complaints about the game lacking content were entirely valid, but over time they've layered on so many different things that the world feels a lot more alive and there's always something different to do. I think it's also a game of moments, the emergent stuff is what really makes the game shine.... Except when you're being attacked by another crew, then a skeleton galleon rises from the waves next to you, then a megalodon starts circling you, then a kraken appears (true story).

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It definitely exposes the people who just want to see the world burn...

I was a day one player, played it so much in the first year, but had a bad experience in one session that really soured me on it. Took a few months and I was back to finally get to pirate legend. Since then I play on and off. The initial complaints about the game lacking content were entirely valid, but over time they've layered on so many different things that the world feels a lot more alive and there's always something different to do. I think it's also a game of moments, the emergent stuff is what really makes the game shine.... Except when you're being attacked by another crew, then a skeleton galleon rises from the waves next to you, then a megalodon starts circling you, then a kraken appears (true story).
100% agreed. On my first ever voyage, solo, I got meg'd and kraken'd back to back. Then tucked on later that session. Talk about baptism of fire! :lol:

Last edited:

Marcelinho87

100%

Though they made a huge mistake with the memory on that thing, I still think the SS (evil MS joke ;)) is a great choice for next gen at the entry level. You should snap that offer up asap.
Went for it today and traded a few of his older games in, came away with the series S for £65.

Andersons Dietician

Finally!! Been trying since November but as of last night I finally secured a series X. Finally this fancy LG Tv I bought can get some work out of it.

Traub

Question - before I try it.

My gamepass sub ran out today and I'm led to believe I can still do the £1 trick if I buy 6 months of gold and convert it towards a gamepass sub.

Is this correct?
Yes but you can do 36 months of gold and convert to gamepass, at least that's what I did.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What did they mean by this?
I think it is to signify Xbox and Bethesda becoming one. With the number of Wolfenstein characters* I'm assuming there'll be a new one announced soon.

*I only recognise like two, two and a half characters in the picture fullstop but been told there's loads of Wolfenstein characters there

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I think it is to signify Xbox and Bethesda becoming one. With the number of Wolfenstein characters* I'm assuming there'll be a new one announced soon.

*I only recognise like two, two and a half characters in the picture fullstop but been told there's loads of Wolfenstein characters there
Ah yes that might be it. I didn't recognise any of the Wolfenstein ones either.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Good man. Looking forward to that. I'll probably hate it but have wanted to try it.

I thought @Damien would have posted it now along with rumours of Back4Blood hitting Gamepass but seems it's only Games with Gold he is quick to post.

Damien

Staff
Good man. Looking forward to that. I'll probably hate it but have wanted to try it.

I thought @Damien would have posted it now along with rumours of Back4Blood hitting Gamepass but seems it's only Games with Gold he is quick to post.
Read the Pod chat as to why I couldn't have. Only just managed to get back on now so didn't even know this had happened

Damien

Staff
Very convenient!

Had phone off most of the night since. Not even been on ResetEra (can search for my username Damien1990) to see my last activity. And only just wanted to try to come on again after the Russia game to post my ridiculously bad fantasy football luck to @RedSky and @The Stain

Thankfully the ban is over, but don't you get Veeva and Conor started!

Alock1

Had phone off most of the night since. Not even been on ResetEra (can search for my username Damien1990) to see my last activity. And only just wanted to try to come on again after the Russia game to post my ridiculously bad fantasy football luck to @RedSky and @The Stain

Thankfully the ban is over, but don't you get Veeva and Conor started!
Haha mate I saw your messages on WhatsApp at the time I was just messing with you :lol:

Who is conor

Alock1

Thought so. I remember a big announcement. Obviously LAD was going to join them at some point, especially with it already having been timed next gen exclusive for a while
Wouldn't be surprised if Scarlett Nexus and/or Persons 5 is announced as coming to Gamepass tomorrow