Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Balljy

I am Fish looks like a fun puzzle game and is a day-one release on GP. I'll give that a go I think.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If someone asks for recommendations on a new platform you recommend the games only on that platform makes perfect sense.

No point me listing call of duty, battlefield, assassins creed and so on.
He asked for games on game pass. There’s every point listing multi-platform games. I wouldn’t have bought half the games I’ve enjoyed on game pass but the fact they’re included means you can try more.

Bosws87

NM

What sort of games do you like? Hard to advise about the game pass games without knowing that.
I like sports, 1st person games (God of War, Spiderman, Batman, Jedi Fallen Order etc.) not too into shooters, like games like GTA etc. Any help?

NM

Thanks for the list @Damien @VeevaVee.. I'll look. I mostly like single player action games and sports games. Love platformers too

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I like sports, 1st person games (God of War, Spiderman, Batman, Jedi Fallen Order etc.) not too into shooters, like games like GTA etc. Any help?
What do you think of Flight Sim so far? Shame about the shooters as there's some great ones even outside Gears, Halo in things like Wolfenstein and Doom.

Platformers: Psychonauts 2, Ori & Blind Forest/Will of the Wisps,

General: Prey, Dishonoured, Hellblade, Control, Gears Tactics, Nier Automata, Hades, Sunset Overdrive, Middle Earth Shadow of War, Call of the Sea, Evil Within 2, Resident Evil 7, A Plague Tale, Warhammer Vermintide (Co Op), Sea of Thieves (Co Op)

RPG: Wasteland 3, Outer Wilds, Witcher 3, Yakuza Like A Dragon, State of Decay 2

Racing: Forza Horizon series

Sports: MLB, Football Manager

Loads more racing and sports games under EA Play if you have gamepass ultimate.

Fully Fledged

He asked for games on game pass. There’s every point listing multi-platform games. I wouldn’t have bought half the games I’ve enjoyed on game pass but the fact they’re included means you can try more.
Plagues Tail for one. It's multiplat but I wouldn't have played it if it hadn't been on gamepass but it a solid 8.5 game for me after playing it and I'm looking forward to the next game in the series.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Oh yeah I've heard of that. It's apparently a new FPS RPG made by the same team behind Wasteland (InXile Entertainment). Judging by the concept art, it's got a Steampunk-style, inspired by Industrial Revolution-inspired tech - so expect steam engines, zeppelins, retro-futuristic robots, dark Victorian-era streets, etc. Apparently it could be targeting a 2023 release.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Apparently The Good Life is debuting on Gamepass and will be released on October 22nd.

It's made by SWERY65. Yes he of Deadly Premonition and The Missing fame - which was actually one of my favourite games last gen, a real sleeper hit.

Looks a bit weird and I'm not sure what kind of game it is but there you go.

https://gamerant.com/the-good-life-release-date-xbox-game-pass-day-one/

Bosws87

Abraxas

Enjoy your Xbox @Abraxas

So what are the gamepass games you've played so far then
I have rather strange taste as I like slow paced games where I can do my own thing at my own pace and make my own choices so I've been on Flight Sim and Snowrunner a lot so far.

Probably both are of fairly niche appeal but they suit me.

But I've also added all the Final Fantasy games to my list to play when I have time to play them. I've got my eye on Skyrim and it's predecessor too, but again, time...

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Halo multiplayer looking delicious. But I'm a campaign man really, so no news is disgusting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Artful Escape is amazing. So well put together it almost doesn't seem real. Pure psycedhelic delight.

God bless Game Pass.

evil_geko

I read Microsoft is in talks to buy Take-Two Interactive, aka they would own Rockstar Games, aka new GTA and RDR might be Microsoft exclusive. That would be huge.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I read Microsoft is in talks to buy Take-Two Interactive, aka they will own Rockstar Games, aka new GTA and RDR might be Microsoft exclusive. That would be huge.
Their market cap is $16.3bn which is almost double that of Bethesda so it seems unlikely, it's all rumours.

I really hope it doesn't happen. MS going down a route of using their colossal bank account to snap up all the big publishers would be terrible for the industry.

Alock1

Avengers coming to Gamepass on 30th

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Their market cap is $16.3bn which is almost double that of Bethesda so it seems unlikely, it's all rumours.

I really hope it doesn't happen. MS going down a route of using their colossal bank account to snap up all the big publishers would be terrible for the industry.
Can't blame MS for playing other's games and beating them at it.

Alock1

Not just Avengers that has hit gamepass but Scarlet Nexus!

Did we know that already? I remember it being rumoured as potentially hitting at launch but since it didn't, I thought itd be a while yet.

Leg-End

I reckon I’m going to pick up an S tomorrow, time to dust off the old PS4 and trade it. As a gamepass pass machine for essentially £150 it’s too good a deal to pass up.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I decided to give cloud gaming a go again last night after finding it a bit crap when it launched. Happy to say it was rock solid and it's a real gamechanger in terms of being able to sit in bed and play games. I've heard remote play is better generally so I'm going to try that but I'm really pleased with this whole cloud/remote thing Xbox are pushing.

Looking at buying a new TV for the bedroom now.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I decided to give cloud gaming a go again last night after finding it a bit crap when it launched. Happy to say it was rock solid and it's a real gamechanger in terms of being able to sit in bed and play games. I've heard remote play is better generally so I'm going to try that but I'm really pleased with this whole cloud/remote thing Xbox are pushing.

Looking at buying a new TV for the bedroom now.
ya, it’s very good. Especially when you want to kill some time and not have to download games to your console, playing gamepass games on cloud is just a great option to have. Not utilised as much as back in the office 3 or 4 days a week now :( was handy to have it in the background when working from home for a few quick plays now and then!

Balljy

I thought this the first time when MS tried it with Kinect, but having a camera watching you while you're watching TV sounds like a nightmare. Phones are normally either pointing at ceilings when not being used, so aren't as bad at home.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Aside from Xbox. That's an interesting premise. Wonder if watching a series or films or sport remotely with your mates could ever take off? I've watched films at the same time as mates before where we both hit play at the same time, and watched boxing with mates on Facetime too.

Maybe it could work.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Aside from Xbox. That's an interesting premise. Wonder if watching a series or films or sport remotely with your mates could ever take off? I've watched films at the same time as mates before where we both hit play at the same time, and watched boxing with mates on Facetime too.

Maybe it could work.
Think it's been in the works for a while? or perhaps an idea brought forwards due to covid, isolating, lockdowns? this would be a solution to watch the footy with the lads still?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Think it's been in the works for a while? or perhaps an idea brought forwards due to covid, isolating, lockdowns? this would be a solution to watch the footy with the lads still?
I was just thinking they were probably dying to get it out over lockdown. The major limitation is it requires all parties to be as up for buying it, so if it's pricey there's not much chance.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I was just thinking they were probably dying to get it out over lockdown. The major limitation is it requires all parties to be as up for buying it, so if it's pricey there's not much chance.
I think it'll be an easier sell now than it was 2-3 years ago. Especially amongst bigger families who live apart.

Then again, it could all just fizzle out like a lot of other things.

I really enjoyed the whole smart glass concept before, using a tablet for maps and menus while playing the game on the TV, so no clutter on the HUD. Would have been great for checking inventory and stuff too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think it'll be an easier sell now than it was 2-3 years ago. Especially amongst bigger families who live apart.
Yeah. It's gotta beat people just doing it on laptops and their phones I guess, which is quite a big hurdle. Maybe it'll be what plants the seed for remote viewing parties though, and it really takes off.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Maybe it could work.
There used to be an app on the 360 where you could watch sky sports with your mates. It was quite good.

Leg-End

Picked up the Series S this afternoon, genuinely impressed with how little it is, perfect little companion to the PS5 for me.

Just need to shift the Fifa 22 code that came with it, no intention of playing it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Picked up the Series S this afternoon, genuinely impressed with how little it is, perfect little companion to the PS5 for me.

Just need to shift the Fifa 22 code that came with it, no intention of playing it.
How much? I always say I'll never buy Fifa again but I've always got a hankering to sort United out.

Welcome to the club, by the way.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Nice little machine. Have fun installing and then uninstalling about 99% of the gamepass games without getting half way through though.

You know, before finally deciding to try out and then getting addicted to the best game on it ;)