Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Does this mean they can pull games from psn now? As in, any games made by activision I've bought on psn, they can now just take away from me?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Does this mean they can pull games from psn now? As in, any games made by activision I've bought on psn, they can now just take away from me?
No, and the next few CODs as a minimum will probably still be on playstation.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
70 billion is insane and seems way too much. That's not far off what it would cost them to buy PlayStation or NIntendo.

They should have gone for Take Two (if they would sell). It would have have been MUCH cheaper and got them GTA.
Nintendo as a company has a market cap of $53billion indeed.

I don’t think they care about the price. Microsoft is valued at almost $3trillion and not long ago had cash reserves of $135billion. They probably went to Activision asking for a price, were given what felt a ridiculous price to block a move and they still went ahead with it. Or something. Don’t think they care.

Amarsdd

that came out of nowhere. Wasn't there news just a couple of months ago that Microsoft were re-evaluating their relationship with Blizzard amidst recent scandals?

Alock1

that came out of nowhere. Wasn't there news just a couple of months ago that Microsoft were re-evaluating their relationship with Blizzard amidst recent scandals?
Yes, and clearly that was true!

Deery

Dreary
Quick question I’m a PlayStation users so won’t know but I need to find out a few games for an Xbox which are somewhat suitable (without getting into details). For a varying group of people.

Have:

Fifa 22
Grand turismo 7

Anymore would be great if you know I’m kind of on a deadline:angel:

b82REZ

Quick question I’m a PlayStation users so won’t know but I need to find out a few games for an Xbox which are somewhat suitable (without getting into details). For a varying group of people.

Have:

Fifa 22
Grand turismo 7

Anymore would be great if you know I’m kind of on a deadline:angel:
I don't really understand the question. Are you asking for games similar to the ones you mentioned?

GT7 is a Sony game, the Xbox equivalent would be the Forza series.

Fifa is fifa and the same on both platforms.

Deery

Dreary
I don't really understand the question. Are you asking for games similar to the ones you mentioned?

GT7 is a Sony game, the Xbox equivalent would be the Forza series.

Fifa is fifa and the same on both platforms.
Something that wouldn’t be too violent like Spyro
Guardian of Galaxy

Multiplayer preferably.

b82REZ

Something that wouldn’t be too violent like Spyro
Guardian of Galaxy

Multiplayer preferably.
Ahh right, I'm not well versed on what's available on gamepass but it's generally a lot of third party titles so I'm sure there are a lot of family friendly games in there.

All jokes aside most of Xbox exclusive titles are geared towards teens and adults so they don't really have an equivalent of Mario or Spyro. If it's family friendly games you're after a Switch would probably be better for you.

Deery

Dreary
Ahh right, I'm not well versed on what's available on gamepass but it's generally a lot of third party titles so I'm sure there are a lot of family friendly games in there.

All jokes aside most of Xbox exclusive titles are geared towards teens and adults so they don't really have an equivalent of Mario or Spyro. If it's family friendly games you're after a Switch would probably be better for you.
They have to be hard copies though, yes we have a switch as well.

Teen games may be acceptable though without adult content maybe.

Any ideas?

b82REZ

They have to be hard copies though, yes we have a switch as well.

Teen games may be acceptable though without adult content maybe.

Any ideas?
It'd be easier if you said which types of games they play. Halo is fairly new and has received good reviews. Forza Horizon 5 would probably go down well if they like Gran Turismo.

Deery

Dreary
It'd be easier if you said which types of games they play. Halo is fairly new and has received good reviews. Forza Horizon 5 would probably go down well if they like Gran Turismo.
Yeah Forza Horizon would be okay, I don’t know which types of games they play just generally played games would do.

b82REZ

Yeah Forza Horizon would be okay, I don’t know which types of games they play just generally played games would do.
Games like It Takes Two, Rider's Republic and Hot Wheels Unleashed might be worth looking at.

Deery

Dreary
Games like It Takes Two, Rider's Republic and Hot Wheels Unleashed might be worth looking at.
Thanks, I’ll put those forward as I say I don’t know much about Xbox the help was much appreciated.

Kaos

I'd imagine they focus on overseeing their own 'culture reset' there playing the saviour act. Activision-Blizzard is an absolute cash cow with the franchises they own - its not just the CODs and WoWs, but even mobile garbage like Candy Crush which prints money. So you can see why the money would precede any concern of ethics.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'd imagine they focus on overseeing their own 'culture reset' there playing the saviour act. Activision-Blizzard is an absolute cash cow with the franchises they own - its not just the CODs and WoWs, but even mobile garbage like Candy Crush which prints money. So you can see why the money would precede any concern of ethics.
Yup.

Not surprised people are praising this, that's what they are supposed to do.

DavelinaJolie

Started Death's Door last night (Woooo, Game Pass). So far it's bloody brilliant, it's the first single player game I've played in a while where I lost track of time and realised how late it had gotten.

This is the kinda of Zelda game I want.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Has anyone played Disco Elysium? If so, is it available on Xbox One or just Series X/S?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Finished Hellblade. What a game. Another one I'd never have played without Game Pass. When the music kicks in while you're fighting it's epic.

Still don't know what to think about most of it being in her head. That was all her battling her demons? Or she actually went on a mission to bring Dillion back from Hel so he'd got her own Celtic afterlife and they'd be able to meet again? The feature thing afterwards suggests the fights and puzzles were entirely in her head. It'd be much easier to wrap one's head around if it was all in an alternate game universe where these things are real, except the voices are her psychosis.

Ultimately though, I get that the goal is to make you question it, as if you had such psychosis.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Finished Hellblade. What a game. Another one I'd never have played without Game Pass. When the music kicks in while you're fighting it's epic.

Still don't know what to think about most of it being in her head. That was all her battling her demons? Or she actually went on a mission to bring Dillion back from Hel so he'd got her own Celtic afterlife and they'd be able to meet again? The feature thing afterwards suggests the fights and puzzles were entirely in her head. It'd be much easier to wrap one's head around if it was all in an alternate game universe where these things are real, except the voices are her psychosis.

Ultimately though, I get that the goal is to make you question it, as if you had such psychosis.
I was happy thinking the quest was part of Senua's attempt to move beyond personal tragedy and so the developers used mental health as a way to address it and put the player in similar shoes. i.e., what happens when a person is so overcome with grief that they begin to doubt their own sanity.

It's definitely a good game. The sound design is phenomenal. @Volumiza might be able to comment more.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
So, I played through the Hitman trilogy on GP. It was ok.

I didn't enjoy it enjoy it enough to even try and do some optional objectives, though. I just brute forced my way through each mission.

Alock1

I didn't enjoy it enjoy it enough to even try and do some optional objectives, though. I just brute forced my way through each mission.
I swear majority of people on this forum who play games don't actually enjoy them :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I’m starting to think you just dislike everything

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I was happy thinking the quest was part of Senua's attempt to move beyond personal tragedy and so the developers used mental health as a way to address it and put the player in similar shoes. i.e., what happens when a person is so overcome with grief that they begin to doubt their own sanity.

It's definitely a good game. The sound design is phenomenal. @Volumiza might be able to comment more.
I agree totally with you. I played through it 3 times to platinum it. I started the third straight after the second and I definitely played it feeling it was all in her head. There were graphical and sonic cues when she’d entered into psychosis, especially if you played with some good headphones. The 3D sound of my Sony headset was wicked, voices in all directions.

Her / our adventure was a very personal battle with grief and loss mixed with great bouts of violence. The fights were really fantastic once you stopped trying to block and relied on parry to string attacks together while building blue flashy power juice boost for your hellblade. It made for some properly cinematic moments, especially with the change in the tone of the soundtrack once you’d got the blade itself. Brilliant third act, just brilliant.

One of those great games that left me feeling a big urge to play again and the main reason I’ll be buying my first ever Xbox to play the sequel.

Green_Red

Given cloud gaming is becoming viable with stadia and even Nvidia GeForce Now I think this is a really good move by Microsoft. Call of Duty online isn't currently available on any of the cloud platforms. Microsoft might be about to change that which would really bring in a lot of gamers looking for that next gen experience with the price tags of next gen consoles or high end pc gaming.

Bosws87

Given cloud gaming is becoming viable with stadia and even Nvidia GeForce Now I think this is a really good move by Microsoft. Call of Duty online isn't currently available on any of the cloud platforms. Microsoft might be about to change that which would really bring in a lot of gamers looking for that next gen experience with the price tags of next gen consoles or high end pc gaming.
Call of Duty on the cloud on anything but single player would be a significant disadvantage especially a twitch shooter with an incredibly low time to kill.

Single player would be decent if input lag doesn't bother you.

Alock1

In the long term, sure. For now, cloud gaming is still limited by latency and Call of Duty is up there as one of games where latency is vital and makes a big difference.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I played through it 3 times to platinum it.
Not really fussed about 100%ing games but the only achievement needed is the lorestones and I only missed about 3 of them. Do you have to play through the whole game again for it?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Call of Duty on the cloud on anything but single player would be a significant disadvantage especially a twitch shooter with an incredibly low time to kill.

Single player would be decent if input lag doesn't bother you.
I don't notice any input lag when playing cyberpunk on Stadia. Not saying there isnt any, just saying I don't notice it.

In fact I have worse input lag on my computer at times when using bluetooth, in that that is noticeable and annoying.

Alock1

I don't notice any input lag when playing cyberpunk on Stadia. Not saying there isnt any, just saying I don't notice it.

In fact I have worse input lag on my computer at times when using bluetooth, in that that is noticeable and annoying.
Cyberpunk isn't reliant on split second reactions and fine margins against other players though. In cod you can tie in a second.

Bosws87

One of those things, depends what your used to everyone has different levels, but for single player games cloud gaming should be more then playable for the average user unless its a sekiro or something which requires super fast timing.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Not really fussed about 100%ing games but the only achievement needed is the lorestones and I only missed about 3 of them. Do you have to play through the whole game again for it?
If it’s the same as in ps5 then yes, the achievement is to get all the lore markers in one sweep. I missed a couple on my first play through and one on my second. I’d enjoyed the ending so much that I didn’t hesitate starting it all again.