Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
You never answered my question about cross inputs and why you play KBM now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of you and this is no attack. I'm just curious.
Sorry what was the cross-input question?

I tried mnkb at a mates on cold war, did better than I expected (I thought it'd be clear it'd take me 2 years to adapt but did alright considering) so made the move. Took about a month to really get to grips with but on COD I was quickly doing 25% more damage, getting more kills, less deaths and just generally enjoying it way more.

I can't play fps games that don't have m&kb now though, and games like apex, titanfall and battlefield haven't made the move yet so I'm limited until I get a PC.

Alock1

Another factor is speed. It's just a much faster console and the quick resume feature is top notch, I couldn't go back to last gen after experiencing it (and I'm not really a snob about these things).

I do echo Alock though - if you're mostly playing CoD and FIFA then it's not the best because those games fill the HDD fast. Microsoft's games like Halo and Forza are better at compressing the assets so aren't as big.
Well, if you are just playing cod and fifa it's fine. But if you're playing cod, fifa and 5 others - it's not really worth it unless you are okay with re-downloading lots or hdd faffing. The cost of an expansion card basically puts it to the price of an X.

In terms of just getting it vs staying on current gen though, I'd definitely recommend getting one. Still way better graphics, way smoother experience and means you can access next gen at a low price. Value on it is insane.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Sorry what was the cross-input question?

I tried mnkb at a mates on cold war, did better than I expected (I thought it'd be clear it'd take me 2 years to adapt but did alright considering) so made the move. Took about a month to really get to grips with but on COD I was quickly doing 25% more damage, getting more kills, less deaths and just generally enjoying it way more.

I can't play fps games that don't have m&kb now though, and games like apex, titanfall and battlefield haven't made the move yet so I'm limited until I get a PC.
When you switched to KB/M I asked you about who you were being paired with. I'm still curious about that.

When you want to get a PC, pm me. I'll always help you.

Alock1

When you switched to KB/M I asked you about who you were being paired with. I'm still curious about that.

When you want to get a PC, pm me. I'll always help you.
Thanks mate. Wanna build it for me too? ;)

I have no idea what %, but it was definitely a mix of the 2 - you could see the inputs before the game started and it was often a mix. I would often play with mates on controller, and on Halo Infinite 2 of our main 4 are on mnkb and 2 are on controller so I presume we are getting a real mix there too; probably weighted to controller since there are more controller players generally.

In private lobbies against mates I do better against them now with mnkb than I ever did with controller. Even with strong aim assist, people don't consider the movement or first-to-shoot element.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Thanks mate. Wanna build it for me too? ;)

I have no idea what %, but it was definitely a mix of the 2 - you could see the inputs before the game started and it was often a mix. I would often play with mates on controller, and on Halo Infinite 2 of our main 4 are on mnkb and 2 are on controller so I presume we are getting a real mix there too; probably weighted to controller since there are more controller players generally.

In private lobbies against mates I do better against them now with mnkb than I ever did with controller. Even with strong aim assist, people don't consider the movement or first-to-shoot element.
You are learning. The input type isn't the issue, it's how the devs deal with the disparity that has always been the problem. But people who can track will still beat controller. Why? Because of target selection. The controller aim assist is aimbot hacks, always will be. But on mouse, you can select the target you want. You learn to follow movement, you are doing that yourself without computer aid. Nothing against controllers, I'm a console fanboy, always will be, but I'm still a fan of raw input.

Also, you don't need me to build a PC for you, you can do it yourself. I will definitely help you along the way though.

Bosws87

You are learning. The input type isn't the issue, it's how the devs deal with the disparity that has always been the problem. But people who can track will still beat controller. Why? Because of target selection. The controller aim assist is aimbot hacks, always will be. But on mouse, you can select the target you want. You learn to follow movement, you are doing that yourself without computer aid. Nothing against controllers, I'm a console fanboy, always will be, but I'm still a fan of raw input.

Also, you don't need me to build a PC for you, you can do it yourself. I will definitely help you along the way though.
True in 99% of the cases not in Halo the aim assist is that broken its better to switch to a controller, hopefully they will find a decent middleground.

Where are all the Halo players anyway add me Seanb21 ill play whenever i'm on if you also play apex legends even better drop the apex username while your at it.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
My brother in law and a few mates have an S, and they all love it. It's tiny, and for the size and price the value is amazing. Especially if you combine it with 3 years of gamepass ultimate at £120. That's 3 years of gaming for £10pm including the price of the console and at the end you still have the console.

The main things to consider are how much do you care about 4k? Most S games will be 1080p or 1440p. The other is the memory - it's only got 500gb space and after OS there's only about 365gb of space. You can play last gen games from a HDD, but next-gen games will need to be on the console to play. You can use it as cold storage though, and copy games from the HDD onto the console and back so you don't have to keep re-downloading.

If you play something like COD, that 365gb goes quick. If not, you should be able to hold a good number of games but for somebody like me that swaps between a ton of gamepass and multiplayer games all the time, the memory would become an issue real fast.
Its mostly for my son he seems happy enough with the One he says. Im sure I will upgrade in a year or two

Fully Fledged

is it worth upgrading from an Xbox One to an S? I wouldnt want to pay for an X really
There are two brothers at work. One has the Series X the Other has the series S. They play together and both think the S is well worth it if you don't have a decent 4k HDR TV. For 1080 play it's more than good enough in there opinion.

Alock1

Games just stupid, behind 4 kills to win piece of cake :lol:
I would usually say it's good map control, grabbing a power weapon at the end of the game and taking advantage of it is good strategy and should be rewarded - but I do think the sword is stupidly OP and shouldn't be in ranked, especially with the number of swipes you can take with it and the lack of charge between them.

Is that during a placement game though or are you ranked already? Because it's clear you are playing some pretty terrible players in that clip. Would struggle to get away with that in one of my ranked lobbies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is that during a placement game though or are you ranked already? Because it's clear you are playing some pretty terrible players in that clip. Would struggle to get away with that in one of my ranked lobbies.
Awkward when he says it's ranked.

I mean, he had to end up behind against those guys before that even happened...

Thunderhead

Supports
City
didn't bother getting the S and held out and managed to get an X from Curry's this morning comes on Saturday, couple of questions as I'm too lazy / thick to google and look through loads of posts on other sites.

Is the elite controller worth getting?
Does the Xbox live gold hack still work, should I get 3 years worth of Xbox Gold and convert?
My kid plays PC games, can I use the ultimate across 2 accounts for me and him, me on XBox him on PC?

Alock1

didn't bother getting the S and held out and managed to get an X from Curry's this morning comes on Saturday, couple of questions as I'm too lazy / thick to google and look through loads of posts on other sites.

Is the elite controller worth getting?
Does the Xbox live gold hack still work, should I get 3 years worth of Xbox Gold and convert?
My kid plays PC games, can I use the ultimate across 2 accounts for me and him, me on XBox him on PC?
I love the elite controller. If you play lots of fps or even general multiplayer games it's great but definitely a luxury item. I don't tend to use it for single player. Worth saying that some people have had issues with them breaking - it's had no issues for me despite being heavy handed and using a ton, but it might be worth grabbing it from Argos and paying for the insurance (which if you return the item, you refund the insurance too - basically means you can hire stuff for free..)

Xbox live gold trick still works (or did a few weeks ago)

Yes you can 'game share' - one account (that holds the subscription) needs to set as the home console and then the other account can access the games. If you ever plan to use xCloud on your phone, only the account that owns the subscription will be able to access it, so consider that when deciding who to pick.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I love the elite controller. If you play lots of fps or even general multiplayer games it's great but definitely a luxury item. I don't tend to use it for single player. Worth saying that some people have had issues with them breaking - it's had no issues for me despite being heavy handed and using a ton, but it might be worth grabbing it from Argos and paying for the insurance (which if you return the item, you refund the insurance too - basically means you can hire stuff for free..)

Xbox live gold trick still works (or did a few weeks ago)

Yes you can 'game share' - one account (that holds the subscription) needs to set as the home console and then the other account can access the games. If you ever plan to use xCloud on your phone, only the account that owns the subscription will be able to access it, so consider that when deciding who to pick.
ahh brilliant cheers, just googled xcloud and doubt I'd ever play from my phone so the kid can have that when we decide to let him have a phone.

fergosaurus

My brother in law and a few mates have an S, and they all love it. It's tiny, and for the size and price the value is amazing. Especially if you combine it with 3 years of gamepass ultimate at £120. That's 3 years of gaming for £10pm including the price of the console and at the end you still have the console.
Where do you get game pass ultimate for that price? That's a cracking deal. My free month trail is up in a couple of weeks so looking to renew.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The equipment in Halo Infinite Multiplayer are fantastic. Really combo well with the weapon and vehicle designs. I'd argue some of the covenant weapons need to go back to their routes maybe. That aside, I've been really enjoying it lately.

Bosws87

Need to play it some more as the skill level of the opposition is a walk in the park currently.

Its a nice break from apex bit more relaxed less mechanical skill needed, definitely the best of the other new arena shooters out currently.

Cod/Battlefield aren't even close.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Need to play it some more as the skill level of the opposition is a walk in the park currently.

Its a nice break from apex bit more relaxed less mechanical skill needed, definitely the best of the other new arena shooters out currently.

Cod/Battlefield aren't even close.
I'd agree - the skill level takes a while to ramp up, even when you are finished with placement. However, I stopped playing ranked as it's essentially just a battle-rifle accuracy test.

Bosws87

I'd agree - the skill level takes a while to ramp up, even when you are finished with placement. However, I stopped playing ranked as it's essentially just a battle-rifle accuracy test.
I actually prefer that its just a straight aim duel :lol:

Proper infuriating when someone just fires a rocket in your general direction and there's nothing you can do

Alock1

I really haven't found that to be the case. I don't know if it's because I generally play team, and maybe that means we are matchmaked with other groups more often, but our games are very much map control, team work and objective playing (unless slayer). Slayer is usually tight on ranked and the winner comes down to which team best used the power weapons. It's funny, we are all diamond tier now but our win % is like 40-45%, and we definitely don't win as a group as much as we do on other games which surprises us.

Bosws87

Wouldn't bother with the S it is only gonna get worse disparity as the generation goes on, just save up the extra over time and get the X

Conor

That's the best part.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Forza is brilliant fun. I’ve found the Forza series a bit meh over the years, it’s really reeled me in this time though - and that is even just on the offline parts. Played one or 2 online events only.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks so good. (doesn't seem to be embedding properly so you might have to click on it)

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The new Warzone is absolutely fecked anyway.
Seems to be, haven't played it yet but apparently you can't even access non Vanguard weapons, operators etc. What a balls. A shame because it was probably at the most stable its ever been.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Seems to be, haven't played it yet but apparently you can't even access non Vanguard weapons, operators etc. What a balls. A shame because it was probably at the most stable its ever been.
I think you can use them on the normal BR mode but not the Vanguard one. We only realised that as we were about to jump off so not 100% sure.

The Vanguard guns are disgusting when unlevelled.

I'm a bit unsure on the map. Trying to give it chance but it feels very samey and the foliage means it can be really hard to spot people.