Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think the X controller is slightly nicer to use than the PS5 controller (but I prefer using the PS5 controller if a game supports dualsense) but neither are as good as the O.G. 360 controller. Dunno why MS had to go and change a winning formula.

Ainu

I think the X controller is slightly nicer to use than the PS5 controller (but I prefer using the PS5 controller if a game supports dualsense) but neither are as good as the O.G. 360 controller. Dunno why MS had to go and change a winning formula.
It's not like the newer Xbox controllers are a massive departure from the 360 one, just a natural evolution. And with a far superior dpad, which goes without saying since the 360 dpad is awful.

choccy77

Anyone else notice (prime members) you had access to purchase 1 Xbox X ?

Was there yesterday, not checked if still available today.

Update, just checked out ov stock again.

I believe more will be coming after xmas

Abraxas

Anyone played Oblivion on Series X?

Really cool and nostalgic playing this. Seems to run at 60fps and 4k to my eyes although haven't confirmed. Looks really nice for how old it is with Auto HDR and this type of performance.

wr8_utd

:'(
The Series S really has ended up being a top top device. The portability really helps. I've been able to take it to friends' places so much over the last year or so. The portability and ease of it really makes it a wonderful device at the price it retails at. And of course, Gamepass.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
@Reditus how did you manage that?
I purchased 3 years of Xbox live from the website card codes for €120 then you can upgrade your existing live subscription to game pass ultimate for €1 per year. The max is 3 years otherwise I would have gotten many more

It’s honestly they best value I’ve ever gotten from anything

choccy77

I purchased 3 years of Xbox live from the website card codes for €120 then you can upgrade your existing live subscription to game pass ultimate for €1 per year. The max is 3 years otherwise I would have gotten
Haven't played my xbox since March, but took out Game Pass Ultimate yesterday for a quid.

Will look for some pass deals as its okay to have

Fully Fledged

The biggest GoTY award is the Video Game Awards, where every semi respectable outlet votes. What won that again?

If we're going to get excited about individual outlets we might as well bump the Deathloop thread seeing as Gamespot gave that their GoTY.

I can tell my comments has been festering for a few weeks for you. It's alright to be annoyed, let the hatred flow through you.
Yeah another Xbox Dev that won a game of the year.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Finally got round to finishing The Artful Escape. It’s so much fun. Highly recommend grabbing it off Game Pass but not looking in to it too much first. It’s one of those that’s more like an interactive story, but it’s flipping great.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just beat the Valravn on Hellblade. The fights really feel like you’re slogging it out, especially if you end up taking some big hits. Good shit

Shark

@NotShark
Jumped on Sea Of Thieves for the first time last night with a few friends. Great fun especially with a few drinks!

Shark

@NotShark
Good man! Just remember there will be frustrating times, there will be the occasional arseholes on the seas, but waaay more often than not you'll have fun mate.
Yeah I'd heard there's campers that can ruin the experience alright, although in roughly 4 hours of gameplay last night we encountered nobody but early days as you say! For a vast multiplayer game was taken aback over how impressive it is visually and how well it runs on consoles also. A gem for sure.

Dave_MUFC

Pulled the trigger and ordered a Series S to go alongside my PS5.

Came to a realisation last night that my other half had a load of games she enjoyed playing with me (she's not a gamer in that sense), but I had been using the cloud service via my Shield, but it doesn't allow more than one player on there.

Found a 2 month used one for £170, so figured it's a reasonable price to go for it, and I can finally play MS Flight Sim and access the old games I bought on my Xbox One before.

Jericholyte2

Anyone else having serious issues with the Halo Infinite multiplayer? No network issues, playing on Series X but I can never get more than two games in a row without getting a game-breaking “Cannot connect to Server” or fireteam comment.

I’ve just done an XP booster for an hour and have managed ONE game in that time, and big team battles are just out of the question at the moment.

Woodzy

Anyone else having serious issues with the Halo Infinite multiplayer? No network issues, playing on Series X but I can never get more than two games in a row without getting a game-breaking “Cannot connect to Server” or fireteam comment.

I’ve just done an XP booster for an hour and have managed ONE game in that time, and big team battles are just out of the question at the moment.
Usually get these issues on big team battle so don’t bother with it any more. Quick play etc should work fine though.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Just beat the Valravn on Hellblade. The fights really feel like you’re slogging it out, especially if you end up taking some big hits. Good shit
One of my favourite games ever mate. Stay the course, it gets better and better the further through you get IMO and some of the fights near the end are epic.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
One of my favourite games ever mate. Stay the course, it gets better and better the further through you get IMO and some of the fights near the end are epic.
I'll be taking my time with it as don't get to jump on single player stuff that often, but enjoying it. Want to get it done so I'm ready for the next one

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I'll be taking my time with it as don't get to jump on single player stuff that often, but enjoying it. Want to get it done so I'm ready for the next one
Completed it 3 times, the 2nd and 3rd straight after each other. Just a brilliant experience. No spoilers but once you reach the tree it really takes off into something amazing. Enjoy!

I’ll be buying an Xbox for the sequel. First time ever:)

Dave_MUFC

Looks like Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Outer Wilds are coming to Game Pass on Thursday!

I only got about an hour into the original Mass Effect 2 (only finished the first), and was about to buy the PC version of OW, so these two additions are perfect.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Swear Outer Wilds was on gamepass and only left a month or two ago?

Mass Effect is a great addition, was looking at buying that in the sales recently.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Mass Effect is great for anyone who hasn't played it. Still a lot of fun even now.

Really enjoying The Riftbreaker, addictive as feck base building/defense/diablo kinda game.

Dave_MUFC

Got the Series S set up, and one thing that surprised me; the cloud experience is smoother than sideloading the game pass app on my Nvidia Shield. Even wirelessly (my Shield is on ethernet), Forza Horizon 5 had much less input lag (essentially zero), and didn't suffer from the low bit rate issues that the Shield version had!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Got the Series S set up, and one thing that surprised me; the cloud experience is smoother than sideloading the game pass app on my Nvidia Shield. Even wirelessly (my Shield is on ethernet), Forza Horizon 5 had much less input lag (essentially zero), and didn't suffer from the low bit rate issues that the Shield version had!
Good to hear. I absolutely love the S. Such a nifty little thing!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Swear Outer Wilds was on gamepass and only left a month or two ago?

Mass Effect is a great addition, was looking at buying that in the sales recently.
Might have to fire the Xbox up at some point for mass effect. Started the first one ages ago but never got round to finishing it.

Bebe

Might have to fire the Xbox up at some point for mass effect. Started the first one ages ago but never got round to finishing it.
I loved the first one when it released, but it certainly had some quality of life issues. The Legendary Edition makes it so much more playable, you can't go wrong.

DavelinaJolie

The Gunk is alright. Completed it tonight and it's quite a nice little game. Some aspects get a bit repetitive and it's not exactly challenging, but I liked it.

The Gunk itself is a pretty handy tool though, makes the game twice as long because you have to clear chunks of environments before you can get through them, so saves on level design!

Alock1

Ubisoft+ coming to Xbox. At some point I'm sure there'll be some sort of Gamepass Ultimate + Ubisoft+ bundle. You'd expect it to be swallowed into GPU but it's currently priced at £12.99 pm on it's own for PC.

Rainbow 6 Extraction is also coming to Gamepass Day 1. GPU kicking off 2022 strong with Mass Effect Trilogy and R6E this month.

Bosws87

Ubisoft+ coming to Xbox. At some point I'm sure there'll be some sort of Gamepass Ultimate + Ubisoft+ bundle. You'd expect it to be swallowed into GPU but it's currently priced at £12.99 pm on it's own for PC.

Rainbow 6 Extraction is also coming to Gamepass Day 1. GPU kicking off 2022 strong with Mass Effect Trilogy and R6E this month.
Yeh no ones paying a monthly rental fee for ubisoft games. :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It will be pretty good whenever there is a new release. Just get it for a month and then cancel

I’ve just purchased a bunch of Ubi games on the PSN sale so I’m kind of raging I didn’t know about this

Alock1

If it was half the price I'd pay, maybe not all year mind. 12 is too steep for nothing but their games though.

Bosws87

If it was half the price I'd pay, maybe not all year mind. 12 is too steep for nothing but their games though.
Couldnt tell you the last decent Ubisoft game I played.

Farcrys crap same old
Watch dogs is awful
Assassins Creed same as farcry
Rainbow six was good on the 360.
The division promised so much did so little

Maybe the cell shaded prince of Persia reboot they did was that 360 era