Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Couldnt tell you the last decent Ubisoft game I played.

Farcrys crap same old
Watch dogs is awful
Assassins Creed same as farcry
Rainbow six was good on the 360.
The division promised so much did so little

Maybe the cell shaded prince of Persia reboot they did was that 360 era
What games do you like?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

Farcrys crap same old
Watch dogs is awful

Depends what you are into. I’m a sucker for all their open world games. Just haven’t gotten bored of them yet

But I wouldn’t be into their multiplayer stuff

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Depends what you are into. I’m a sucker for all their open world games. Just haven’t gotten bored of them yet

But I wouldn’t be into their multiplayer stuff
They could be so good if they put some real care in to them. To me it's like their games are on the verge of being exactly what I want, but they usually fall short.

Valhalla to the standard of RDR2 would be just incredible.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
They could be so good if they put some real care in to them. To me it's like their games are on the verge of being exactly what I want, but they usually fall short.

Valhalla to the standard of RDR2 would be just incredible.
Probably doesn’t say much about me but I preferred Valhalla to RDR2

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Probably doesn’t say much about me but I preferred Valhalla to RDR2
I really enjoyed Valhalla after the first 20 hours, really disliked it to start with but grew on me, it's actually great. However, I would put RDR2 above it due to the story and little details kicking about. Valhalla is easier to just jump into for a quick 20-30 mins though.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Farcrys crap same old
Watch dogs is awful

I love the new Trackmania which on its simplest form is free.

But PC only at the mo

Bosws87

You like Halo? Wouldn't know from your posts.

Even @Redlambs is more positive about gaming than you :lol:
Plenty of games i rate just so happens that over the past 20 odd years the xbox ones are a handful as they didn't bother making any exclusives, that's not my fault

Alock1

Plenty of games i rate just so happens that over the past 20 odd years the xbox ones are a handful as they didn't bother making any exclusives, that's not my fault
Don't lie you're just getting old and boring

Alock1

I still haven't even tried Halo yet. Thought I'd be more excited than I am to, but I will do at some point.

Just started getting back into Tarkov. Trust me locky, that's one game you are missing out on :lol:
Tarkov looks ace. Any chance it'll come to console at some point?

To be honest, as much as I think Infinite is great- you're nor really missing anything not playing it. It's not doing anything new. What it does do it does very, very well though.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Tarkov looks ace. Any chance it'll come to console at some point?

To be honest, as much as I think Infinite is great- you're nor really missing anything not playing it. It's not doing anything new. What it does do it does very, very well though.
Next to no chance it'll be on consoles sadly, there's just too much going on in it.

It's equal parts brilliance and rage inducing frustration. There's nothing even remotely like it for gear fear either.

The Cycle:Frontier may be more likely though. It's a sort of Tarkov set in space with dinosaurs.

Dave_MUFC

Does anyone know if it's possible to put specific Game Pass games into a group? I'm doing cloud gaming for games like Forza, and it's a bit annoying to have to go into the massive list of random game pass games to find it when I want to fire it up.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Does anyone know if it's possible to put specific Game Pass games into a group? I'm doing cloud gaming for games like Forza, and it's a bit annoying to have to go into the massive list of random game pass games to find it when I want to fire it up.
You can pin it to the xbox homescreen by pressing the start button on the game image. When you click the game on the homepage it takes you to the screen with the cloud gaming option.

Dave_MUFC

You can pin it to the xbox homescreen by pressing the start button on the game image. When you click the game on the homepage it takes you to the screen with the cloud gaming option.
Ah yeah, I've got it, you can pin to home. Thanks for that

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I got a few hours into the Halo campaign this weekend and honestly, I'm not really feeling it yet

It lacks something but I can't put my finger on it. Old Halo games flowed so well, almost like cosmic ballet. This seems to have taken too much from the semi-open world gameplay of Ubisoft games as everything outside of the main missions feels like busy work. I think the structure has also increased the enemy rate turning it into a bit of trial and error. I dislike the forced bosses.

Anybody got a different view?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I got a few hours into the Halo campaign this weekend and honestly, I'm not really feeling it yet

It lacks something but I can't put my finger on it. Old Halo games flowed so well, almost like cosmic ballet. This seems to have taken too much from the semi-open world gameplay of Ubisoft games as everything outside of the main missions feels like busy work. I think the structure has also increased the enemy rate turning it into a bit of trial and error. I dislike the forced bosses.

I like it.

Alock1

Can definitely see why some people prefer the old style.

I like the forced bosses I just find them too easy so far. Generally just bullet sponges where you need to keep your distance. That the game is constantly saving and it takes 10 seconds to load after a death definitely brings an element of trial and error. Die to a sniper, spawn and immediately kill the sniper. Sometimes you are getting saves mid fight so you are progressing with each death with feels a bit cheap.

It's definitely busy work but I'm loving that and avoiding main missions. The combat is so good and the sandbox element gives you so many options I'm just enjoying taking over fobs and saving squads in different ways.

You absolutely lose the big set piece plays that you'd typically get in a Halo game. And the flow and pace is whatever you choose it to be.

DavelinaJolie

After completing The Gunk I'm now enjoying Undertale, makes me chuckle a lot. Excellent game I'm sorry I didn't get round to sooner.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I like it.
Don't get me wrong, I like it too for the most part. Just venting some frustrations. It's easily 343's best Halo game

Can definitely see why some people prefer the old style.

I like the forced bosses I just find them too easy so far. Generally just bullet sponges where you need to keep your distance. That the game is constantly saving and it takes 10 seconds to load after a death definitely brings an element of trial and error. Die to a sniper, spawn and immediately kill the sniper. Sometimes you are getting saves mid fight so you are progressing with each death with feels a bit cheap.

It's definitely busy work but I'm loving that and avoiding main missions. The combat is so good and the sandbox element gives you so many options I'm just enjoying taking over fobs and saving squads in different ways.

You absolutely lose the big set piece plays that you'd typically get in a Halo game. And the flow and pace is whatever you choose it to be.
Yeah I think it's more down to my personal preference than anything. I've tended to play FPS games via gamepass as a way to break up some of the longer games I play, usually RPGs. The formula change clearly plays to a different strength, opening up the game to being bigger and less set-piecey/bombastic (which I did like tbh).

I agree about bosses mostly being bullet sponges but the orb one was good and I liked the gimmick where you had to shoot his lasers to damage him. It was more enjoyable than the guy with the hammer because the game decided to save halfway through his dash meaning I got hit every time it loaded back up :lol:

Anyway the graphics are top notch.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Don't get me wrong, I like it too for the most part. Just venting some frustrations. It's easily 343's best Halo game

Yeah I think it's more down to my personal preference than anything. I've tended to play FPS games via gamepass as a way to break up some of the longer games I play, usually RPGs. The formula change clearly plays to a different strength, opening up the game to being bigger and less set-piecey/bombastic.

I do agree about bosses mostly being bullet sponges but the orb one was good and I liked the gimmick where you had to shoot his lasers to damage him. It was more enjoyable than the guy with the hammer because the game decided to save halfway through his dash meaning I got hit every time it loaded :lol:

Anyway the graphics are top notch.
It's the same as the multiplayer really, a solid, incredibly safe game. Does nothing knew but does the basics well. I'll finish it and completely forget about it, but I've enjoyed it.

Alock1

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
any essential game pass games I should be taking a look at on the Series X? I've pretty much only played GTA V for the last few months. If there's anything good for the kids that would be great too.

Nickosaur

I'm finding the Halo Infinite campaign a lot of fun. Playing on heroic and it's kicked my arse several times.

I love the open world, got to mission 9 then completely ignored the story to complete all the FOBs, squad rescues, spartan cores etc. The spartan abilities are great - especially drop wall and the grapple, so satisfying to traverse the map. The threat sensor is really cool too. Thruster ability isn't one I've used much of, although its last upgrade where it cloaks you is nice.