Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
That's an amazing month along with Mass Effect a few weeks ago. Rainbow and Hitman will get the focus but Deaths Door, and Nobody Saves The World are great additions, presuming NSTW is similar quality to Guacamelee.

DavelinaJolie

Deaths Door and Danganronpa are two games I will absolutely play.

Problem is the list of games I want to play is getting longer with every GP announcement. And I've got over £200 worth of MS Rewards points that won't be getting spent on games with the depth of GP's library right now.

Bosws87

That should get the Cod people excited, a price hike around the corner no doubt.

One way street to monopoly of the gaming world a terrible thing in reality but celebrate.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

DavelinaJolie

Fecking shit news. That's two of the biggest public traded games companies they've bought in just over a year. MS have a terrible track record of creating monopolies.

Also AB are a bunch of cnuts and it's a hilariously awkward time to be buying them.
It's probably the best time to be buying them tbh because the price will be lower.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Phil Spencer is Man City/Newcastle and Sony and Nintendo are us and Liverpool.

Adamsk7

Shiiiiiiiiit. Glad I stacked my Gamepass for 3 yrs because there is no way the customers aren’t gonna end up paying for this. Still, at this rate, even £20 a month is good value.

Ainu

If this is possible, I honestly don't know where it ends. The entire video gaming market outside of Sony and Nintendo under Microsoft? Well, it's been fun.

DavelinaJolie

"As a company, Microsoft is committed to our journey for inclusion in every aspect of gaming, among both employees and players. We deeply value individual studio cultures. We also believe that creative success and autonomy go hand-in-hand with treating every person with dignity and respect. We hold all teams, and all leaders, to this commitment. We’re looking forward to extending our culture of proactive inclusion to the great teams across Activision Blizzard."

Hopefully that means cleaning up the scumbag culture in AB.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Re-loaded my gamepass - now sitting at 3 years for roughly £6.50 a month :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
"As a company, Microsoft is committed to our journey for inclusion in every aspect of gaming, among both employees and players. We deeply value individual studio cultures. We also believe that creative success and autonomy go hand-in-hand with treating every person with dignity and respect. We hold all teams, and all leaders, to this commitment. We’re looking forward to extending our culture of proactive inclusion to the great teams across Activision Blizzard."

Hopefully that means cleaning up the scumbag culture in AB.

Unlikely.

DavelinaJolie

Whilst I wouldn't be sad to see Kotick kicked in the head and dumped in a ditch, that does not in itself mean that ABs culture won't be improved, they'll be reporting to Phil Spencer when the move goes through.

It's kind of amusing seeing people going "CoD... Whatever" as if it's all about them. It's all about the millions of people playing Warcraft, CoD, Overwatch, Diablo, Spyro, Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot... So on so forth.

I'm not a particularly big fan of the move because of the potential ramifications for the whole industry, but it is fecking massive.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sony sausages giving it the big one about exclusives all that time and now MS are showing em how it’s done in the big leagues :lol:

Le reap what le sow

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
In other news, this is pretty massive.

We also announced today that Game Pass now has more than 25 million subscribers. As always, we look forward to continuing to add more value and more great games to Game Pass.

For comparison, they've sold around 12 million Series S/X consoles. Sony have sold around 14 million PS5's.

Seems they're very much in the software game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Huge move, $70bn! Sony can’t compete with that. Will be interesting to see which games they make exclusive. COD I couldn’t give a shit about.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Huge move, $70bn! Sony can’t compete with that. Will be interesting to see which games they make exclusive. COD I couldn’t give a shit about.
Yeah, it's not the games tbh, I'm much more bothered that MS bought Bathesda from a gaming point of view. It's just the long term implications and yet another market has been monopolised. It's genuinely sad and maddening news.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
In other news, this is pretty massive.

We also announced today that Game Pass now has more than 25 million subscribers. As always, we look forward to continuing to add more value and more great games to Game Pass.
Honestly, that is lower than I thought. A month or so ago people were saying it was hitting 30m and that was before Forza Horizon and Halo came out.