Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavelinaJolie

It's actually at the point now where I'm glad when Game Pass adds games I don't want to play. List of stuff I want to play through is really long!

If I hadn't played Her Story on Android I'd probably have a crack at it.

DavelinaJolie

What?

Could you not be possibly more Black Mirrored than you are right now :lol:
It's a bit weird because I almost feel like I'm not really getting the value of the subscription. Sure if I was 18 years old and could play games for 10 hours a day, but having a full time job, a family and a partner with caring commitments, I don't get the time to play through as many games as I'd like. Just on my list to play at the moment I've got the Hitman games, Danganronpa 2, Nonary Games, Omno, Bugsnax...All that will probably take me to past Christmas. And that's before I get to the games I actually own.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's actually at the point now where I'm glad when Game Pass adds games I don't want to play. List of stuff I want to play through is really long!

If I hadn't played Her Story on Android I'd probably have a crack at it.
Absolutely. I actually went to my favourite restaurant the other day and they had added my favourite dessert to their menu, and I remember thinking at the time that they were absolute cnuts because I didn’t want to be able to order something else I liked as it meant having too much choice.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Don't be too harsh, surely MS are looking after these teams!

I mean, no chance anyone is working for shite wages and longer hours only for someone to then not play that product because they have too much choice...No way they have bought out a company and then got angry about games not ready when they should be, no chance of that. Meanwhile no chance of releasing dross onto the subscription based service but dressing it up as the best thing eva!

Let's be reasonable about this now. Absolutely no way Sony or Nintendo do this kind of thing too, and no way people actually fall for it and moan about too much choice...

Bosws87

It's a bit weird because I almost feel like I'm not really getting the value of the subscription. Sure if I was 18 years old and could play games for 10 hours a day, but having a full time job, a family and a partner with caring commitments, I don't get the time to play through as many games as I'd like. Just on my list to play at the moment I've got the Hitman games, Danganronpa 2, Nonary Games, Omno, Bugsnax...All that will probably take me to past Christmas. And that's before I get to the games I actually own.
Ahh thats why there is no longer a single big hitter exclusive scheduled to hit this year on Xbox because theres just too many games on gamepass

DavelinaJolie

Kind of astounded that a throwaway thought generated so much snide c*ntery.

Enjoy continuing your sanctimonious wanking over these threads.

Redlambs

Kind of astounded that a throwaway thought generated so much snide c*ntery.

Enjoy continuing your sanctimonious wanking over these threads.
We will.

You enjoy paying so little for a service you think you should be paying more for whilst simultaneously thinking they should be doing less with!

Consumerism is a hell of a drug :lol:

DavelinaJolie

I thought it was a good thing, I've got so many games to hand I can't play them all (and I would really like to have that time available to me). Instead I get those assholes trying to show how cool they are with their ironic console-warring pissing all over this thread, even a fecking admin is in on it. Part of the reason I've mostly stopped posting in here is because they just get in the way of decent discussion.

I'm sure they'll be all "have a sense of humour" and all the other rubbish that those kind of trolls come out with to justify their shittiness.

Redlambs

I thought it was a good thing, I've got so many games to hand I can't play them all (and I would really like to have that time available to me). Instead I get those assholes trying to show how cool they are with their ironic console-warring pissing all over this thread, even a fecking admin is in on it. Part of the reason I've mostly stopped posting in here is because they just get in the way of decent discussion.

I'm sure they'll be all "have a sense of humour" and all the other rubbish that those kind of trolls come out with to justify their shittiness.
Well, I don't take offense to this post as you surely can't be talking about me with the "omg! console warring!" stuff :)

So that in mind, I will direct you to your original post and try to see why perhaps we are having a little fun with you.

Bosws87

Ironic when this is exactly what you just did about gamepass :lol:

b82REZ

You brought it on yourself with your "Gamepass is so great; it's actually good they keep releasing shit games on it because I have no time to play them."

It was a bit a lighthearted rib and you took it far too seriously.

DavelinaJolie

You brought it on yourself with your "Gamepass is so great; it's actually good they keep releasing shit games on it because I have no time to play them."

It was a bit a lighthearted rib and you took it far too seriously.
Nah it's the usual snide c*nts being snide cnuts and pissing all over things for the sake of it. If you want to support that, enjoy it.

As I said the "have a sense of humour" card.

b82REZ

Nah it's the usual snide c*nts being snide cnuts and pissing all over things for the sake of it. If you want to support that, enjoy it.
You're a sensitive soul aren't you?

What discussion did you think your comment would generate? At least @Alock1 would have had a bit of banter about it because he knows deep down Gamepass will be the death of the industry.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Yep. Usually it's obvious where the joke is - and I've no doubt it was meant as one - but it felt a bit like a pile-on today, which was a tad weird to see.

Anyway I digress because I still agree with your original comment. I had a situation the other day where I finished one game (Mass Effect Trilogy) and immediately went onto game pass to see what else was available. It struck me after a minute that I've still got Paradise Killer to beat and Scarlett Nexus installed on my HDD. There's times when choice is good - when you've got nothing to play - but when you've got a back catalogue already adding more games/feeling the pressure to play can become a bit of a burden (speaking completely personally of course).

Redlambs

How do you fell about loud women on game shows?

We need a new pariah!

Yep. Usually it's obvious where the joke is - and I've no doubt it was meant as one - but it felt a bit like a pile-on today, which was weird to see.

Anyway I digress because I still agree with your original comment. I had a situation the other day where I finished one game (Mass Effect Trilogy) and immediately went onto game pass to see what else was available. It struck me after a minute that I've still got Paradise Killer to beat and Scarlett Nexus installed on my HDD. There's times when choice is good - when you've got nothing to play - but when you've got a back catalogue already adding more games can become a bit of a burden (speaking completely personally of course).
Oooh this a new level of devil's advocate. Well played :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Oooh this a new level of devil's advocate. Well played :lol:
Glad you're impressed :)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with them adding better games of course - and I prefer when they do - but part of me feels content when I don't see a game I don't immediately want to play.

The main reason is largely because the nature of the service is ephemeral and they don't always keep the ones I do want to play. As an example, I'm still worried they'll take A Plague Tale off because it's been up for ages and I've not yet got around to it yet. It kinda means having to prioritise, which is admittedly both a flaw and positive thing (dependent on how you see it).

It's a completely different mode to when you own a game and can play it now, in three months or in six years time. Whenever.

Thankfully the adds have been a bit crap in recent months so I haven't had to worry so much :cool:

Redlambs

What's a bit odd is that it's okay to pay for a service for fun, then want then to restrict that service for others because they have more time for more fun..

Yet it's not ok to have fun on here for free, which takes far less time.

I mean, there's some boomer confusion going on.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
What's a bit odd is that it's okay to pay for a service for fun, then want then to restrict that service for others because they have more time for more fun..

Yet it's not ok to have fun on here for free, which takes far less time.

I mean, there's some boomer confusion going on.
Well that's the thing. I read it as @DavelinaJolie speaking from their perspective, nothing about the service at large.

I agree otherwise

Redlambs

Glad you're impressed :)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with them adding better games of course - and I prefer when they do - but part of me is happy when I don't see a game I don't immediately want to play.

A big reason is because the nature of game pass is ephemeral and they don't always keep the ones I do want to play. As an example, I'm still worried they'll take A Plague Tale off because it's been up for ages and I've not yet got around to it. Part of this service does mean having to prioritise, which is admittedly both a flaw and positive thing (dependent on how you see it).

Thankfully the adds have been a bit crap in recent months so I haven't had to worry so much :cool:
You should look at my original response to divajolie over here.

You are literally in an episode of Black Mirror :lol:

"It makes sense to me to have worse products, because if we have too much good then that's bad for me!"

(BTW I kind of get what you are saying, I'm obviously having a little fun. However I'd argue, they don't have to take those games off the pass to accommodate new, the reason they do is still to get some sales but mostly to bring them back later. It's all very cynical. But all in all, I'm poking a bit ;)).

DavelinaJolie

Yep. Usually it's obvious where the joke is - and I've no doubt it was meant as one - but it felt a bit like a pile-on today, which was weird to see.

Anyway I digress because I still agree with your original comment. I had a situation the other day where I finished one game (Mass Effect Trilogy) and immediately went onto game pass to see what else was available. It struck me after a minute that I've still got Paradise Killer to beat and Scarlett Nexus installed on my HDD. There's times when choice is good - when you've got nothing to play - but when you've got a back catalogue already adding more games can become a bit of a burden (speaking completely personally of course).
This is pretty much why I've stopped buying games, I'm under no illusion that Game Pass isn't perfect and could present longer term problems for creators, but it is capable of filling up the gaming time I have. I find it frustrating when I see a stack of games waiting to be played and simply not enough time to get into them (first world problem I guess). I've been reading with envy my friends talking about Elden Ring, it seems like something I'd really enjoy, but then so does Bugsnax, and one of those I don't have to pay additional money for (and like a lot of people, that has become much more of a concern this year).

Redlambs

This is pretty much why I've stopped buying games, I'm under no illusion that Game Pass isn't perfect and could present longer term problems for creators, but it is capable of filling up the gaming time I have. I find it frustrating when I see a stack of games waiting to be played and simply not enough time to get into them (first world problem I guess). I've been reading with envy my friends talking about Elden Ring, it seems like something I'd really enjoy, but then so does Bugsnax, and one of those I don't have to pay additional money for (and like a lot of people, that has become much more of a concern this year).
Have you calmed down now, Brange?

Redlambs

Well that's the thing. I read it as @DavelinaJolie speaking from their perspective, nothing about the service at large.

I agree otherwise
Of course, it was just a bit too good of a set up so I had a little fun ;)

In my defence, the boomer confusion line was a double meaning and a little self-deprecating :lol:

But, I enjoyed the hissy fit from Davina nonetheless :D

DavelinaJolie

You're a sensitive soul aren't you?

What discussion did you think your comment would generate? At least @Alock1 would have had a bit of banter about it because he knows deep down Gamepass will be the death of the industry.
Right now yes, I am in a bit of a sensitive place, and talking about things I enjoy matters more to me now than it has for a while because it is my bit of headspace.

Try going into a thread you're interested in and just seeing this tediousness over and again. It got pretty tiresome and has lead to me feeling discouraged from contributing in here. My comment wasn't intended to generate discussion, why bother?

Regardless of that this is what they've all been angling for and why they keep coming in here with no aim of actual discussion themselves. Now you're all gaslighting in earnest and acting like it wasn't provoked, enjoy yourselves.

Last edited:

Fully Fledged

@DavelinaJolie while there is a thread that is specifically for console wars and deriding PlayStation or Ponies on the PS5 thread could lead to a thread ban most of the mods on this site are PlayStation fans so it seems to be fair game for Ponies to come over here and laugh at the Xbots without sanction.

On to the delays. They are all fine by me. I have never known a game be delayed that didn't need it so get the game right and release it when its ready. Personally I wouldn't set a release date in stone until you know that you have a highly polished game with minimal bugs but I realise that game development is a business.
I'm looking forward to both games and am willing to wait as long as is necessary to get a quality product.
I don't exclusively play exclusives so have plenty to play while I wait.

Redlambs

@DavelinaJolie while there is a thread that is specifically for console wars and deriding PlayStation or Ponies on the PS5 thread could lead to a thread ban most of the mods on this site are PlayStation fans so it seems to be fair game for Ponies to come over here and laugh at the Xbots without sanction.
Oh do shut up :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Has anyone played Unpacking? Its weirdly relaxing and scratches my OCD itch of making sure everything is put neatly away