Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bebe

Should get news of a Xbox Direct/State of Play style show any day now.

Need dates for Starfield, Redfall and Forza
Any chance Obsidian will show something from Avowed or Outer Worlds 2?

Edit: nvm, looks like its Elder Scrolls Online, Forza, Redfall and Minecraft Legends.

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Any chance Obsidian will show something from Avowed or Outer Worlds 2?

Edit: nvm, looks like its Elder Scrolls Online, Forza, Redfall and Minecraft Legends.
Yeah I think everything not coming in h1 will wait til e3.

Think avowed is next year earliest and OW2 2-3 years away.

fergies coat

Currently have an xbox one. The first one that came out. I'm thinking of getting the series s. I don't game as much as I did In the past, so I don't want to waste money on the x. Is it worth the upgrade from one to the new s?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Currently have an xbox one. The first one that came out. I'm thinking of getting the series s. I don't game as much as I did In the past, so I don't want to waste money on the x. Is it worth the upgrade from one to the new s?
Oh, I would think so. Series S is a good option for someone who does not game much. You can get such good deals on them.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is it future proof though? Will all series X games play on the series S?
Yeah. Just sometimes with reduced quality (not 4k/lower fps/slightly worse graphically). But still better than the One.

The SX would future proof you from your own upgrades though, like 4K/120fps capable tv, and has more storage which makes life easier as there’s some big games around these days. Depends what you’ll play there.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Wanna know what's still a piece of crap? The elite series 2 controller, that's what.

Not only do some of my buttons not work on it, now, I bought a mic to plug into it but the jack must be broke on it! The mic is dead when I plug it in.

The mic works perfect on my regular controller, so I know it's the controller that's broke.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wanna know what's still a piece of crap? The elite series 2 controller, that's what.

Not only do some of my buttons not work on it, now, I bought a mic to plug into it but the jack must be broke on it! The mic is dead when I plug it in.

The mic works perfect on my regular controller, so I know it's the controller that's broke.
The qc on them is a pisstake. Extended warranty is a must. They’re the best controller by far when they’re working, which makes it more annoying. V3 needs to hurry up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have been playing Xbox games for a couple of days now, mainly just Halo Infinite. Cloud gaming, without the console. Really neat set up honestly. I'm not a huge gamer but to be able to just play games without having to fork out on an actual console is really cool and I can cancel the game pass subscription whenever I want. I do have a PS4 still, so I don't really miss out on any PS games I want to play.

redcucumber

This Atomic Hearts that's out next month looks the fecking tits. Major Bioshock vibes.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Anyone here plays Descenders? I absolutely love that game but MP lobby is so weird and hard to find people to play with.

I do notice most lobby offerings will be either #NoAdults or #AdultsOnly ? Is this the norm in XBox? I find it seems to have a lot more kids than playstation (it's my first Xbox) and most are annoying, so I do find it makes some sense. I did have a pleasant play session with an extremely polite and well behaved 11 year old, but don't know what are the ethics guidelines on this, if there are any. Never played much online except a long dedication to a GTA mature crew and this is my first X-Box.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anyone here plays Descenders? I absolutely love that game but MP lobby is so weird and hard to find people to play with.

I do notice most lobby offerings will be either #NoAdults or #AdultsOnly ? Is this the norm in XBox? I find it seems to have a lot more kids than playstation (it's my first Xbox) and most are annoying, so I do find it makes some sense. I did have a pleasant play session with an extremely polite and well behaved 11 year old, but don't know what are the ethics guidelines on this, if there are any. Never played much online except a long dedication to a GTA mature crew and this is my first X-Box.
I can’t remember how it works on it but love that game. So satisfying to play. Hope they thing a more fleshed out sequel with better multiplayer.

Whatever you’re describing there isn’t the norm for Xbox online though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Been playing some Plague Tale Requiem. Very nice looking game. Much of the same as the first one but they’ve stepped the difficulty up a fair bit at some points.
I gave this a go today. Really, really fecking good.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Did you play the first one? Was given out on PS+ in 2021
Nope. Never even heard of the game until I was scrolling through all the games in the game pass catalogue last night. Do you think it’d be best to play that first?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nope. Never even heard of the game until I was scrolling through all the games in the game pass catalogue last night. Do you think it’d be best to play that first?
I've not played the new one but played the original. A lot happens in it so might be best to play that first but it isn't on any of the subscription services so maybe just search on YouTube for "A Plague Tale Innocence Recap" and there's videos that break down what happened in it 20-30mins long.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I can’t remember how it works on it but love that game. So satisfying to play. Hope they thing a more fleshed out sequel with better multiplayer.

Whatever you’re describing there isn’t the norm for Xbox online though.
Just hard to matchmake for competitive games. Seem most people only play with friends and will instaquit any lobby you join. I need to post online for a LFG and then 90% of the time will get annoying kids who just want to exploit glitches, etc.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s very similar and holds up well.
I think you’d get the jist of what’s going on pretty quickly regardless though, with the way it’s set out in the sequel.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So much bad XBox news at the moment...

Where are these fecking games anyway? Can't believe I still don't have an XBox yet, shades of last of gen...