Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah shit to mediocre ones :p

Lay offs, ex staff complaining about MS/Xbox leadership and @Alock1's dad Phil apparently said something daft...
Why are layoffs something to be concerned about? Microsoft have grown their organization from 140k employees to 220k within three years and are now removing 10k heads to align more with current workload and budget. 5% of workforce is really not that much and it is across the entire company.

343 has been a mess for a while and needed changes anyway.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why are layoffs something to be concerned about? Microsoft have grown their organization from 140k employees to 220k within three years and are now removing 10k heads to align more with current workload and budget. 5% of workforce is really not that much and it is across the entire company.

343 has been a mess for a while and needed changes anyway.
You asked mate... Anyway none of it is good let's be honest. Same as when Sony were closing studios or raising game prices etc...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I've tried to play High on Life but it's really not good. Shooting gameplay is boring as enemies have little differentiating between them and there's only one gun (and knife) to use till now (almost finished the second stage). The dialogue is hit and miss with it's humor, even if it's funny though the gameplay makes the overall game boring.

I'll still continue playing to see if it improves but a pretty average game thus far.

Loved Halo Infinite and still feel like turning it on eventhough I've finished the campaign to finish the side quests. The difference in gameplay between that and High On Life is huge (I know HOL is also about it's humor but like I said it can't compensate).

Also starting Senua's Sacrifice so that I can complete it before the sequal comes out.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I've tried to play High on Life but it's really not good. Shooting gameplay is boring as enemies have little differentiating between them and there's only one gun (and knife) to use till now (almost finished the second stage). The dialogue is hit and miss with it's humor, even if it's funny though the gameplay makes the overall game boring.

I'll still continue playing to see if it improves but a pretty average game thus far.

Loved Halo Infinite and still feel like turning it on eventhough I've finished the campaign to finish the side quests. The difference in gameplay between that and High On Life is huge (I know HOL is also about it's humor but like I said it can't compensate).

Also starting Senua's Sacrifice so that I can complete it before the sequal comes out.
I gave it a try after the good feedback I saw from people on reddit and such and yeah, it's bland and boring and cheaply designed. Once you get past having Morty as the voice of your gun there's very little to it.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
One cool feature Xbox has is that it lets you pre load games you don't own! Just did it with dead space.

Dave_MUFC

Yeah, I think I have to agree. I'm at a similar stage to where you are.

I tried persisting because of all the positive praise it got on release, and the prologue was pretty cool, but the gunplay and enemy variety kills the gameplay.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Yeah, I think I have to agree. I'm at a similar stage to where you are.

I tried persisting because of all the positive praise it got on release, and the prologue was pretty cool, but the gunplay and enemy variety kills the gameplay.
I've downloaded Halo Master Chief Collection on GamePass and going to start from Halo 2 :drool: never got to play it because it didn't come out on PC till so long later.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Which Forza? As an Xbox newbie, forza is summat I’ve been contemplating getting, maybe horizon. Which is the better for a series to go for?
Forza Motorsport. You can't really go wrong with either series, though if you want to play something "newer" then it really only leaves Horizon 5.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Which Forza? As an Xbox newbie, forza is summat I’ve been contemplating getting, maybe horizon. Which is the better for a series to go for?
Both are Gamepass day ones. If you've not got Gamepass, get Gamepass.

Horizon is the arcadey open world one. Motorsport more like Gran Turismo track racing. Horizon looks incredible too and is a lot of fun.

redcucumber

Is there still hope for Stalker 2? Seems the studio had to evacuate their office in Kyiv but are still working on putting the game out this year?! Fair fecks!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Redfall looks decent. Cant be as shite as B4B anyway.
Just watched the footage they put out tonight. Better than what they've shown before but I still feel like they aren't great at marketing their games.

They'd have been better just cutting between players taking on a single mission and skipping forward to show us start, middle, end / evacuation / boss. Even just small things like turning off the HUD doesn't help. I know it makes it more cinematic, but it makes it hard to tell how solid the gunplay is, especially with so much hip fire shots. Plus, it'd be cool to see the skills and their cool downs to get a feel for it.

Me and my mates smashed Vermintide so this is right up our street. Just hope the gunplay is better than Arkane's usual efforts. Apparently iD tech were involved to help them with this.

Last edited:

Dave_MUFC

Are those three masterpieces not good enough for you MS?
I mean, I have no interest at all in Minecraft or ESO, so for me it's just a Forza game most likely not out until closer to the end of the year, a shadow-dropped game, and another game I'm not too overly invested in.

Feel they really should have included 3rd party showcases of what's to come. Atomic Heart, Wo Long, Stalker 2 etc.