Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ainu

I didn't say it's not good. It's just funny how each platform's games are viewed with a totally different lens. Mostly on here obviously, but it's also pretty evident everywhere. Things aren't particularly special get hyped up and things that aren't very good overlooked. Seems to be the other way around for MS.
That's stretching the truth. Microsoft games that are actually good get widely praised, on here and elsewhere. Both Ori games, Forza Horizon series, Flight Sim, to name a few. At the same time, you can't exactly blame people for having reservations about an upcoming game from a studio with a dubious track record in the last decade.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
You're answering your own question here. It's so overrated as a game that even a few people saying they didn't like it gets fans out in droves to say b-b-but we all loved it, look at the scores!

Name me another quality of something you'd describe as 'overrated' if it's not being unwilling to accept everybody didn't love it.
What? That’s not the definition of overrated :lol:

If most people and critics love something then it is literally rated exactly where it should be. I’m not defending anything, I’m making a point that just cause you didn’t like something doesn’t make it overrated, especially if you’re in the minority. If anything that means you are under rating it.

I actually have no problem with people not liking GoW. It’s slow to get going and very story driven and the combat is lifted straight from souls games so if none of those appeal to you then fair enough.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

If most people and critics love something then it is literally rated exactly where it should be. I’m not defending anything, I’m making a point that just cause you didn’t like something doesn’t make it overrated, especially if you’re in the minority. If anything that means you are under rating it.
That's not the definition either? If people make out something is incredible when it's really not that special - that's overrated. Take Gran Turismo as a shining example.

Massive Spanner

That's not the definition either? If people make out something is incredible when it's really not that special - that's overrated. Take Gran Turismo as a shining example.
Gran Turismo is a great example actually that proves my point. Praised by critics but absolutely panned by gamers then, 2.0 user score on metacritic. But God of War was praised by critics AND almost everyone loved it so… how’s it possible it’s over rated?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

I actually have no problem with people not liking GoW. It’s slow to get going and very story driven and the combat is lifted straight from souls games so if none of those appeal to you then fair enough.
No chance. 99% of reviewers just tell the audience want they want to hear. It's why nobody takes gaming reviewers seriously and all game reviewers are scared of Nintendo fans ;)

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Gran Turismo is a great example actually that proves my point. Praised by critics but absolutely panned by gamers then, 2.0 user score on metacritic. But God of War was praised by critics AND almost everyone loved it so… how’s it possible it’s over rated?
The panning was because of the microtransactions, which is fair as it's one of the major issues, but also glosses over a very dull game.

Again, I didn't say God of War was overrated.

Ainu

Once again, stretching the truth. Gran Turismo as a series hasn't been rated as anything special in pretty much a decade and a half. It had slid into near irrelevance with 5 and 6 before it sort of reinvented itself as a respectable online racer with GT Sport. You're basically making things up at this point. I just don't get where this playing the underdog comes from.

As an aside, who is the judge of whether or not something is "that special"? You?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Once again, stretching the truth. Gran Turismo as a series hasn't been rated as anything special in pretty much a decade and a half. It had slid into near irrelevance with 5 and 6 before it sort of reinvented itself as a respectable online racer with GT Sport. You're basically making things up at this point. I just don't get where this playing the underdog comes from.

As an aside, who is the judge of whether or not something is "that special"? You?
Yeah right :lol:

Vast majority of people with a PS5 wanted it before they even knew anything about it.

You must've been in a coma for the last 2 years while everyone here slates everything to do with MS, including and especially the games you listed that are 'widely praised', Ori aside.

hobbers

You say that but most of the "new features" that Forza were unveiling in that cinematic trailer are already in GT7. Except for the 4K river.

And I say that as someone who looks down on both series as shitty pseudo-sims.

Massive Spanner

No chance. 99% of reviewers just tell the audience want they want to hear. It's why nobody takes gaming reviewers seriously and all game reviewers are scared of Nintendo fans ;)
That’s why I pointed out the user reviews, and not just on ps5, on pc too, which sort of disproves that people only love it cause it’s a Sony game. No? Especially as Pc players are notoriously hard to please!

that review actually makes some good points, I don’t really agree with them and I can see why he didn’t enjoy the game as much as others if they were things that genuinely pissed him off, for me personally though I didn’t really notice them nor did they detract from my enjoyment. But again that just depends on the gamer.

Edit: why did you get rid of the review?
The panning was because of the microtransactions, which is fair as it's one of the major issues, but also glosses over a very dull game.

Again, I didn't say God of War was overrated.
I know you’re trolling but you could at least try.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You say that but most of the "new features" that Forza were unveiling in that cinematic trailer are already in GT7. Except for the 4K river.

And I say that as someone who looks down on both series as shitty pseudo-sims.
The problem with Gran Turismo, and it's a big one, is the racing. It's not even realistic for racing to be that dull.

Ainu

Yeah right :lol:

Vast majority of people with a PS5 wanted it before they even knew anything about it.

You must've been in a coma for the last 2 years while everyone here slates everything to do with MS, including and especially the games you listed that are 'widely praised', Ori aside.
I mean cry me a fecking river mate, get a grip. :lol: Yeah sure, there are a number of PS fanboys on here that knock everything Xbox and get a hard on for everything on PS, but you seem incapable of looking past that and it seems to distort your reality. And it's not like you're not doing literally the same thing the other way around.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I know you’re trolling but you could at least try.
What are you on about? Because I pointed out that the the metacritic scores are because of the micro transactions? You can go and read them now yourself.

Or because you can't grasp that I didn't say the entire game was overrated?

Bosws87

Saw the riot and game pass announcement, different considering Riot are a pc only developer currently not sure how i feel about unlocking everything for people if they subscribe to game pass on free2play games which aren't even on Xbox.

Massive Spanner

What are you on about? Because I pointed out that the the metacritic scores are because of the micro transactions? You can go and read them now yourself.

Or because you can't grasp that I didn't say the entire game was overrated?
But it’s not overrated. I honestly don’t see how you can say it’s overrated when users haven’t received it well, micro transactions or not?

you made a comment about god of war saying ps exclusives are always overrated, then back tracked and went on a lil bitch tirade saying “oh nooo I wasn’t talking about god of war and saying THAT was overrated so you can’t say anything!”.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I mean cry me a fecking river mate, get a grip. :lol: Yeah sure, there are a number of PS fanboys on here that knock everything Xbox and get a hard on for everything on PS, but you seem incapable of looking past that and it seems to distort your reality. And it's not like you're not doing literally the same thing the other way around.
What? :lol:

I just replied to what you were saying. Go be annoying and wrong somewhere else then

Massive Spanner

I actually agree with the overall point, people who favour one console tend to naturally over rate it’s exclusives, and there are more PS fans on here.

but god of war doesn’t fall into that category cause it’s awesome and Pc players loved it too.

the new Horizon on the other hand… feck that game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
But it’s not overrated. I honestly don’t see how you can say it’s overrated when users haven’t received it well, micro transactions or not?

you made a comment about god of war saying ps exclusives are always overrated, then back tracked and went on a lil bitch tirade saying “oh nooo I wasn’t talking about god of war and saying THAT was overrated so you can’t say anything!”.
I didn't backtrack, I clarified it multiple times and you still can't accept it. If I thought that I'd continue making the case for it, as I'm doing for what I've actually said, not backtrack because Massive Spanner came along and said something :lol: Rein your ego in

hobbers

The problem with Gran Turismo, and it's a big one, is the racing. It's not even realistic for racing to be that dull.
Online the racing is passable, much better than anything you'll see in Forza 7 or Horizon. Offline it's the same though, you don't race the AI, they're just sort of there to be passed. They're all casual driving games not racing sims no matter what rubbish their devs trot out.

Massive Spanner

I didn't backtrack, I clarified it multiple times and you still can't accept it. If I thought that I'd continue making the case for it, as I'm doing for what I've actually said, not backtrack because Massive Spanner came along and said something :lol: Rein your ego in
You kinda did though.

but anyway, exciting times ahead. Bring on 2023.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That’s why I pointed out the user reviews, and not just on ps5, on pc too, which sort of disproves that people only love it cause it’s a Sony game. No? Especially as Pc players are notoriously hard to please!

that review actually makes some good points, I don’t really agree with them and I can see why he didn’t enjoy the game as much as others if they were things that genuinely pissed him off, for me personally though I didn’t really notice them nor did they detract from my enjoyment. But again that just depends on the gamer.

They want the easy likes and rewards that come with agreeing to the circlejerk. It's a total conspiracy, just like Reddit!

But no, I dunno, it's clearly popular so I'm not sure what my point is anymore :lol:

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Online the racing is passable, much better than anything you'll see in Forza 7 or Horizon. Offline it's the same though, you don't race the AI, they're just sort of there to be passed. They're all casual driving games not racing sims no matter what rubbish their devs trot out.
Yeah. This is where racing games should really be stepping it up to be 'revolutionary' - the AI. I don't expect Forza M to be revolutionary, but first look does seem like it'll be more interesting than other racers.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anyway, back on planet normal for a minute... Guardians of the Galaxy on GP is good fun. Best once you've unlocked a load of the moves for your team. Combat can be quite fun, although does get a bit repetitive. Nice to play an old school linear game for a change, like others have said.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Another one coming to Gamepass that I loved the look of. For anybody that's a fan of Justin Roiland (Rick & Morty), this looks good craic.

caid

I didn't like God of War that much either to be honest. Lots of nitpicks but mostly dont think the rest of the game lived up to the first hour.

Alock1

Okay I take it back. The Showcase was in 1080 looking at the Starfield demo in 4K if they can meet this quality I'm not only looking forward to Stargate in this engine but more than willing to see ES6 in it as well.
Looks miles better in 4k

Always said it'd be tough to please with this one but some of the takes are surprising.

Combat doesn't look as bad as I first thought either.

Overall package looks great.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Am I the only one who gets concerned any time Todd Howard is on stage talking about what’s going to be in a Bethesda game?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The biggest problem with Starfield is that it’s not Elder Scrolls. Do we really need another No Man Sky competitor, just bring out the next scrolls ffs.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Looks miles better in 4k

Always said it'd be tough to please with this one but some of the takes are surprising.

Combat doesn't look as bad as I first thought either.

Overall package looks great.
It does look good. My hype went up for this one. Not sure on the 1000 planets line, though. That seems overkill.

Alock1

It does look good. My hype went up for this one. Not sure on the 1000 planets line, though. That seems overkill.
As long as there's 10-20 well crafted planets which have life and soul and that's where the bulk of the story takes place, I'm down.

Massive Spanner

As long as there's 10-20 well crafted planets which have life and soul and that's where the bulk of the story takes place, I'm down.
I really liked The Outer Worlds, but it lacked ambition. They basically went for Fallout in space, but space was just a few different areas on different planets in a game that was maybe 20-30 hours long, but it was definitely a good start. I think if Starfield can give that sort of fundamental Fallout-ey experience and add actual space elements (like the space combat) and proper open world, it'll be exactly what people wanted. The Outer Worlds was surprisingly polished on release, though, whereas this will probably be a buggy mess.

I don't care for the base building, though, feck that shit.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: fair enough if it's not what you meant, I was grumpy on a Sunday night!
Haha no worries.

I really liked The Outer Worlds, but it lacked ambition. They basically went for Fallout in space, but space was just a few different areas on different planets in a game that was maybe 20-30 hours long, but it was definitely a good start. I think if Starfield can give that sort of fundamental Fallout-ey experience and add actual space elements (like the space combat) and proper open world, it'll be exactly what people wanted. The Outer Worlds was surprisingly polished on release, though, whereas this will probably be a buggy mess.

I don't care for the base building, though, feck that shit.
I agree about Outer Worlds. It could’ve been great but was pretty lacklustre really. Felt very linear and like I was just going through the motions so I stopped playing as that’s not what that kind of game should be about.

It could be excellent, so hopefully the next one is better.

I love base building though. My base in Subnautica was insanely cool. It really needs the ability to show friends online though, and even build a base next to each other. I’d love if Starfield had that. NMS does to an extent but falls a little short.

El General 1994

An 8/10 conference for me.

Go to bear in mind that it is the roadmap for the next 12 months. Of course we would have loved to see Hellblade 2, Avowed, Everwild and Perfect Dark.

Starfield looks fantastic to me. Happy.

Edit:

Also it will interesting to see what third party titles will drop on GamePass as well (next 12 months).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Starfield looks fantastic to me. Happy.
Same, also happy with what I've seen, although it is way too early to tell much from.

People thinking it doesn't look good - I don't know what their expectations were but these games have always been great because of their depth, the world, the story, and the freedom to do what you want. Not because of how the combat looks, which is basically all we saw.

largelyworried

Starfield doesn’t look very good. Disappointing
Agreed. Combat looks very average & there wasn't much personality on show. The 1000 worlds thing also sounds like a bad idea right from the outset, you can't expect much in the way of curation with that many locations.

Nickosaur

Everything people are saying in regards to Starfield/general Bethesda criticisms are probably pretty accurate. But despite the flaws these games hook me in like nothing else.

Let's be honest, we'll all play the shit out of it, have a lot of fun, and it will go down as a major event of this generation, like Oblivion, FO3, Skyrim and FO4 before.

I don't think anyone should expect Starfield to be perfect or reinvent the RPG genre. But it's still going to be a blast.