Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I know it's very early days, but I'm not that wowed by some of the graphics on display there. I guess expected more, but it's never going to be better than PC is it? Which isn't that much better than console these days when playable.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I know it's very early days, but I'm not that wowed by some of the graphics on display there. I guess expected more, but it's never going to be better than PC is it? Which isn't that much better than console these days when playable.
They're mostly indie games. First party showcase in July will be a better representation - either that or some event Sony are apparently having in June.

It looked more like a game trailer reel you'd see in an E3 conference. Think they'd have been better off explaining the benefits each game would see on Series X compared to Xbone including more actual gameplay. There were some mentions of benefits but that was mostly what individuals tweeted after the event.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They're mostly indie games. First party showcase in July will be a better representation - either that or some event Sony are apparently having in June.

It looked more like a game trailer reel you'd see in an E3 conference. Think they'd have been better off explaining the benefits each game would see on Series X compared to Xbone including more actual gameplay. There were some mentions of benefits but that was mostly what individuals tweeted after the event.
Yeah that'd be better. Anyway, look forward to seeing more.

Bosws87

You won't see a huge leap in graphics you will get close to where pc games are at now, the big improvement will be physics, lighting and loading times due to SSD drives.

Bojan11

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-s-lockhart-half-price-series-x/

Speaking on the Beyond3D forums, eastmen, who has proved in the past to have access to Microsoft insider information, revealed that the Xbox Series S will be half the price of the Series X, come in a small form factor and it will be an all-digital console. The insider doesn't know the final pricing for the Xbox Series X, and thus the Series X, but he had heard that Microsoft was prepared for a $400 Xbox Series X.
But from what I"ve heard from all my sources July isn't about sony , July is about the industry and they want it to be a night of mic drops . They are going to come hard with the strategy they have been building up to for years and they want google , amazon , apple , sony and yes Nintendo to shaken up . So expect a series of Mic drop moments followed by the price being the key part of all this.
That's why I think Lockheart is a key device in their strategy. Its low cost gateway that they can control to make sure the hardware can handle their new compression techniques they will employee with xcloud over the next few years. The plan for Lockheart is to get into price categories they were never able to hit before and I believe based on listening between the lines that they expect lockheart to at some point make it down to fire tv size . Also the size of the first lockheart will surprise everyone.

If they announce that sort of price then it could have a big impact especially if PS5 is 499. Personally don’t see it. I think the lowest MS will go is 450.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
XSX has BOM of more than 500$ ( around 520$ according to some article), so if they price it 400$, it's a lose of more than 150$ per machine as there is extra cost post BOM. If they sell atleast 10m with that loss ( Xbox one sold that much in 1.5 year), they are going to lose 1.5b which is enormous amount of money.

Their cheaper version might be around 300$ ( rumoured BOM of around 300$). There is no way a cheaper version exist and XSX is just 100$ expensive. That's huge loss of money per console and will take years to just reverse the losses even with Gamepass which is also not making them money.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
A night of mics drops sounds awesome! And they did the whole "cloud rumours" thing last gen.

However that being said, they are continuing closer to a stream system as it is the future and I reckon this Series thing will almost definitely include a rival to Stadia. The gamepass has always been about sign ups, much in the same way EA origin has.

The only thing that interests me outside of all that is if they'll be pushing a Switch competitor. It makes sense if they are going to have a lineup of consoles that share the same games/gamepass, and a system more powerful than the switch could be a lot cheaper than it too.

pratyush_utd

A night of mics drops sounds awesome! And they did the whole "cloud rumours" thing last gen.

However that being said, they are continuing closer to a stream system as it is the future and I reckon this Series thing will almost definitely include a rival to Stadia. The gamepass has always been about sign ups, much in the same way EA origin has.

The only thing that interests me outside of all that is if they'll be pushing a Switch competitor. It makes sense if they are going to have a lineup of consoles that share the same games/gamepass, and a system more powerful than the switch could be a lot cheaper than it too.
Needs to be portable ( big challenge in design to usual Xbox console and MS is not electronic company) and have games like Nintendo has. One thing Nintendo does best is that their games are incredible. MS struggles in that respect but with new studio acquisition maybe MS can finally turn it around but I have been hearing this for years now so j will wait till they actually show new games. 3rd party games won't carry them forever.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
A night of mic drops :lol:
If they're focusing on a streaming based platform for the next console then it won't be the only thing that drops...

I like the sound of that though @Bojan11 and it'll be interesting to see how they're going against Nintendo. Lockhart sounds like something I could find an excuse to get without the family complaining that they haven't been fed this week month year

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anything weaker then the series X ray tracing is a myth just for show it's not going to be used for anything considerable at all, its just a buzz word.
They could use ray tracing on lockhart with lower resolution, also implementation of vrs will give devs more gpu power to play with. So dismissing it out of hand is a bit silly since we don’t even know how the RDNA 2 graphics cards will perform yet.

Bojan11

23rd July is event day. Big month for MS.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

They already have a streaming service, it's called Project XCloud. I have it for my phone. :)

pratyush_utd

Lockhart is interesting proposition if they can sell it at 299$. Not interested in XSX as most of my games are digital and online gaming just doesn't exist for Xbox if they are not crossplay enabled in Asian server. But for new single player games that MS is supposedly bringing, Lockhart will be great 2nd choice option.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Rather Microsoft than Take Two, EA or Activision. If they Got Batman, Harry Potter and LoTR licences in with the price that would be massive for Microsoft Gaming Division.
Batman Arkham Knight, is probably one of my most favourite offline/story based game ever. Wherever Warner Games Unit goes, they better not feck it up!

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I always wanted to be good at Halo multiplayer but I couldn't get my head around pistols and a punch being better than an assault rifle.
Wasn't fun watching my then 13yr old nephew rank my low level character to max level 50 within a few hours...