Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Halo is fecking shite. As far as exclusives go it’s definitely one of the worst.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I loved the first gears and was excited to play gears 4 last year but it just felt like they hadn’t changed anything in 15 years. Felt outdated and the controls were clunky as hell.

Still, not as shite as Halo.

Paxi

I loved the first gears and was excited to play gears 4 last year but it just felt like they hadn’t changed anything in 15 years. Felt outdated and the controls were clunky as hell.

Still, not as shite as Halo.
Graphics are ridiculous in Gears. At least on the Xbox one x. See they’ve been discontinued. Guess we’re definitely seeing Project Scarlet.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Hopefully, Halo can impress today. Also, excited to see a new Fable!

The show is at 5pm UK time today.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This thread should make it to page five today.

Looked on Era and found probably the best name for a Banjo remake: Banjo Redooie. Though apparently that name has been in the wild for a year or so.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I hope they have more than Halo to show as big titles. Mostly i will buy PS5 but i am excited with what MS has in store. Some good single player story driven games is long due from MS first party studios. Come on MS make it difficult choice for me this November.

Ainu

So anyone watching this? I thought Halo Infinite looked thoroughly underwhelming. I hope the other studios have better stuff on display.

pratyush_utd

Halo was so bad. Is this what they were teasing for so long? Maybe making it available on current gen console has caused severe limitations.

Edit : Forza looks great but there was no gameplay footage. Must be very early in developement

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Halo looked back to its roots, gameplay exactly what I'm looking for

Graphics didn't seem anything special

hubbuh

How tf don't people love Halo?! Some of my most cherished gaming memories come from Halo!! Halo 2 was the first amazing online experience on a console for me.

Avowed looks cool. Like a Skyrim/Lord of the Rings thing.

pratyush_utd

So games that look good are not available on current gen. So much for supporting current gen that they were shouting for much for a year

Ainu

This is pretty much going as MS's "gameplay" reveal. I mean, why even show Hellblade 2 if you're not going to show any actual footage outside of that earlier trailer and some location shots? As a next-gen reveal, this is another piss poor attempt by MS. Still time to salvage something I guess.

pratyush_utd

Console launch exclusive is another name for timed exclusive?

pratyush_utd

What a waste of time. Not a single gameplay footage. All CGI trailers. Hope there is some good stuff later in the show.

Edit : Medium looks interesting.

pratyush_utd

This is was supposed to be "night of multiple mic drops"? This was underwhelming

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
That was a whole pile of meh. I’d give a few games a go, but none I’m enthralled by.

no price or dates. Shite

ArjenIsM3

How tf don't people love Halo?! Some of my most cherished gaming memories come from Halo!! Halo 2 was the first amazing online experience on a console for me.

Avowed looks cool. Like a Skyrim/Lord of the Rings thing.
Halo is brilliant. My current console is the Xbox One Halo 5 Guardians special edition :lol:. When Bungie made the games they were better but the entire atmosphere is just fantastic. Amazing soundtrack and storyline.

Bojan11

That was a whole pile of meh. I’d give a few games a go, but none I’m enthralled by.

no price or dates. Shite
They waiting for Sony to make their move, so they can undercut them.

Interested in the two big RPGs announced. But most likely will be playing them on PC when they out.

Ainu

This is was supposed to be "night of multiple mic drops"? This was underwhelming
I guess Fable at the end was supposed to be a mic drop? I loved Fable 2 but this CGI trailer didn't have any of that game's charm. It's being done by the studio that has only done Forza Horizon. Excellent games by all accounts, but that doesn't exactly tell us anything about how they'll handle this one.

The only game that really intrigued me was The Medium. And I'll definitely get Hellblade 2 as I loved the first one.

As a presentation to get people excited for the next generation though, this was just hopeless.

Bojan11

I guess Fable at the end was supposed to be a mic drop? I loved Fable 2 but this CGI trailer didn't have any of that game's charm. It's being done by the studio that has only done Forza Horizon. Excellent games by all accounts, but that doesn't exactly tell us anything about how they'll handle this one.

The only game that really intrigued me was The Medium. And I'll definitely get Hellblade 2 as I loved the first one.

As a presentation to get people excited for the next generation though, this was just hopeless.
Playground has hired a lot of people and most of them haven’t even worked on Horizon. They are split in two studios.

Also don’t know how you can work out how much charm the game has when they literally showed 10 seconds of CGI.

Ainu

Playground has hired a lot of people and most of them haven’t even worked on Horizon. They are split in two studios.

Also don’t know how you can work out how much charm the game has when they literally showed 10 seconds of CGI.
Well that's the problem. :) Don't get me wrong, I hope it's good. As good as Fable 2. It just didn't give me the right vibe.

Paxi

Just put your 500 quid towards a new Ampere card.

pratyush_utd

That's what I mean. Gameplay footage is getting rare these days. All these promise of next gen gameplay, and nothing to show for. After the amount of hype generated for this show, it was quite underwhelming.

To be honest apart from Medium and Forza, I didn't find any game interesting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I am guessing harder to show gameplay with all the slowdown this year.

I felt Sony's presentation recently was very similar on that front.

Lots of studios early into projects though. Though some I was surprised at - I thought Forza would be a launch title and yet they didn't even show gameplay. Surely they could have for what's a racing game.