Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

evil_geko

New store looks fine to me, I feel people shit on Xbox these days just for the sake of it.

I personally will probably buy new Xbox over PS5 tbh.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Wtf? My Xbox looks nothing like that. My Xbox UI looks like it’s been cobbled together by stevie fecking wonder.

I’ve got one guide sticking there. Blu ray here. Some games there. Man, it’s mess. It gives me anxiety every time I have to look at it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wtf? My Xbox looks nothing like that. My Xbox UI looks like it’s been cobbled together by stevie fecking wonder.

I’ve got one guide sticking there. Blu ray here. Some games there. Man, it’s mess. It gives me anxiety every time I have to look at it.
That's the new one. It's only available to Alpha Xbox Insiders for testing at the mo I think. It sounds like yours might not have updated for a while though?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That's the new one. It's only available to Alpha Xbox Insiders for testing at the mo I think. It sounds like yours might not have updated for a while though?
Not sure I’ve got it hooked up through the Ethernet cable and I play it regularly so in theory it should be updated, unless Xbox isn’t automatic like ps4?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not sure I’ve got it hooked up through the Ethernet cable and I play it regularly so in theory it should be updated, unless Xbox isn’t automatic like ps4?
I think you have to set it to automatic. Have a look in Settings > System > Updates

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Halo delayed but console still launches in November

Launch numbers may not be too impressive. But I guess if COVID-19 has had a big impact there may not be that many to sell (wasn't Xbox 360 and PS3 sold out for months at launch?)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The last gameplay trailer screamed " I'm not ready!", and has rightly got the backlash for it. Nobody should be surprised by this and whilst I get covid has held a lot back, and that is fair, they knew ages ago it would never make launch yet they still pushed with it. Classic Xbox division not knowing how to avoid bad press.

This is an example of why I'm not quick to think they've learned lessons. It's the same myopic shit they pull every time and never learn from.

Bojan11

The last gameplay trailer screamed " I'm not ready!", and has rightly got the backlash for it. Nobody should be surprised by this and whilst I get covid has held a lot back, and that is fair, they knew ages ago it would never make launch yet they still pushed with it. Classic Xbox division not knowing how to avoid bad press.

This is an example of why I'm not quick to think they've learned lessons. It's the same myopic shit they pull every time and never learn from.
They had since 2015 too. Sad to see people lose their jobs, but heads are going to roll at the top when a project like this takes 6 years.

I am happy it’s delayed. All this talk of them adding shit later because it’s on gamepass annoyed me. Give us a decent working game on day one with ray tracing. I don’t want ray tracing to come after I finished the game. Stuff like that should be day one. Gamepass shouldn’t be used as excuse to release broken games.

I don’t think it will make a big difference to sales. If you love Halo you were always going to buy a Xbox rather than PS. The fans that halo has left are hardcore Xbox fans. I think with the general public the hype with Halo went after Bungie left.

Bojan11

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/11/xbox-series-x-launching-with-thousands-of-games/

Confirmed November Launch.

Today, we announced updates to Halo Infinite’s launch timing. Our vision at Xbox and 343 Industries has always been to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever for our fans, while also balancing the team’s well-being. To do that, we will need some more time to finish the critical work necessary to launch Halo Infinite, which will come in 2021.

We have plenty to keep you busy until Chief arrives: There will be thousands of games to play, spanning four generations, when Xbox Series X launches globally this November and over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year. And with brand new console features like hardware-accelerated Direct X raytracing, framerates up to 120 frames per second, faster loading times, and Quick Resume for multiple games, playing will look and feel better, no matter which games you choose to play on day one.

Bosws87

Xbox Series X Launches this November with Thousands of Games Spanning Four Generations!
Technically true, but that's some PR Spin, the launch looks lacklustre to say the least and normally console launches are pretty shabby on the game front.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They had since 2015 too. Sad to see people lose their jobs, but heads are going to roll at the top when a project like this takes 6 years.

I am happy it’s delayed. All this talk of them adding shit later because it’s on gamepass annoyed me. Give us a decent working game on day one with ray tracing. I don’t want ray tracing to come after I finished the game. Stuff like that should be day one. Gamepass shouldn’t be used as excuse to release broken games.

I don’t think it will make a big difference to sales. If you love Halo you were always going to buy a Xbox rather than PS. The fans that halo has left are hardcore Xbox fans. I think with the general public the hype with Halo went after Bungie left.
I'm with you, but even the Halo community care less and less.

Gamepass for all it's good, still isn't the be all and end all for gamers nor MS alike right now. As for sales, it won't hurt the fanboys, but it certainly won't convince anyone else to come back this is classic MS and their sillyness before launch.

Leg-End

Christ give us the price of these things already, each side just waiting for the other is frustrating now. Oh yeah launches in 3 and half months but we won’t tell you the price yet, come on.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ok Bojan, time to take you to school...

So, basically, the first issue the new Xbox has it that the IO is still relying on the same processing hardware that's meant to be dealing with gaming, background services, etc. Whereas the PS5 has a dedicated IP chip. This will result in anywhere between a 3-9% difference in the raw power of the CPU component, depending on the actions being carried out including audio playback.

The second issue, is that the Scalar ALUs are using 3.4.3 legacy refresh technology, which means that the refresh of non-cached actions from the concurrent issue of commands will take significantly longer than the PS5, which stores all of the data from a game within its massive fins.

The THIRD issue - arguably the biggest one - is the Machine Learning technology. Microsoft are industry leading on this front, but it requires a lot of processing power to handle. More than the new Xbox has, since the C-3-LL processor that Microsoft have heavily invested in has been proven to be incredibly difficult to code for. Compare this to Sony, who have opted to use a more traditional quantum computing processor with two cup holders and a nodding Churchill dog for additional rammage, and you can see why Microsoft are truly fecked.

The rest of that stuff is just wishy washy marketing rubbish. Bite

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

So, basically, the first issue the new Xbox has it that the IO is still relying on the same processing hardware that's meant to be dealing with gaming, background services, etc. Whereas the PS5 has a dedicated IP chip. This will result in anywhere between a 3-9% difference in the raw power of the CPU component, depending on the actions being carried out including audio playback.

The second issue, is that the Scalar ALUs are using 3.4.3 legacy refresh technology, which means that the refresh of non-cached actions from the concurrent issue of commands will take significantly longer than the PS5, which stores all of the data from a game within its massive fins.

The THIRD issue - arguably the biggest one - is the Machine Learning technology. Microsoft are industry leading on this front, but it requires a lot of processing power to handle. More than the new Xbox has, since the C-3-LL processor that Microsoft have heavily invested in has been proven to be incredibly difficult to code for. Compare this to Sony, who have opted to use a more traditional quantum computing processor with two cup holders and a nodding Churchill dog for additional rammage, and you can see why Microsoft are truly fecked.

You’ve just convinced @esmufc07

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Can’t find the current gen Xbox thread so I’ll post it here - Skate 3 is currently £3.70 in the store.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
599. Even resetera fools seem convinced now.
600$ in current economical situation is going to be a challenge for a lot of customer. Considering import duty, it will cost almost 700$ in my country. I was really hoping it was 499 or less.

Bojan11

Thank you very much. Can I call you professor Pigeon from now on?

I knew you had a degree in something that’s why I said that you should explain. I’d be out of my depth trying to explain that professor.

600$ in current economical situation is going to be a challenge for a lot of customer. Considering import duty, it will cost almost 700$ in my country. I was really hoping it was 499 or less.
Could still be 499. But I’m guessing it’s between 499 to 599 rather than 399 to 499.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Interesting that the S will have no disc drive.
You either pay big money for the actual main machine with a disc drive, OR go for the budget friendly, less powered and without disc machine.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
All those numbers mean nothing to me, how does the S compare to the One X? Is it a major upgrade?

Interesting how they’re positioning themselves.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So wait the Series S is basically an option to play next gen games on a less powerful version of the current One X? Seems a bit fecking daft.