Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fully Fledged

I really enjoyed that. There are a lot of games I'm interested in seeing more of. Obsidian's new RPG looks good, hyped for fable love that franchise, State of Decay seems like it's had a AAA upgrade and The Medium looks very intriguing.

Bojan11

I am guessing harder to show gameplay with all the slowdown this year.

I felt Sony's presentation recently was very similar on that front.

Lots of studios early into projects though. Though some I was surprised at - I thought Forza would be a launch title and yet they didn't even show gameplay. Surely they could have for what's a racing game.
I am guessing they rebuilt Forza with a new engine.

And yeah with COVID it’s harder to make trailers as they take a lot of time. Wished they showed a lot more of Fable. They just wanted to announce it’s coming.

Fully Fledged

And yeah with COVID it’s harder to make trailers as they take a lot of time. Wished they showed a lot more of Fable. They just wanted to announce it’s coming.
I think that Fable is a couple of years off as they only got the team together last year. It has me supper hyped though. Avowed also looks interesting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Sure which would explain it not coming this year

But surely there's enough that they could have shown some gameplay

Seemed surprising but obviously not loads you'd take away from that anyway. Racing games always look fantastic.

Bojan11

Sure which would explain it not coming this year

But surely there's enough that they could have shown some gameplay

Seemed surprising but obviously not loads you'd take away from that anyway. Racing games always look fantastic.
I think Covid got them more than other games. Racing games developers visit tracks around the world and obviously visit factories to see the cars. They have to gather all that footage and it’s been impossible due to lockdown. Wouldn’t surprise me if it ain’t out in 2021.

Just look at EA and the Fifa cover. They literally did a paint job because they couldn’t take a picture of Mbappe.

hubbuh

I really enjoyed that. There are a lot of games I'm interested in seeing more of. Obsidian's new RPG looks good, hyped for fable love that franchise, State of Decay seems like it's had a AAA upgrade and The Medium looks very intriguing.
Same! I don't know if I'm easily pleased but the vast majority of games on show looked really interesting to me. I really want to play The Gunk!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Halo is brilliant. My current console is the Xbox One Halo 5 Guardians special edition :lol:. When Bungie made the games they were better but the entire atmosphere is just fantastic. Amazing soundtrack and storyline.
I adore the Halo games and it's probably my favourite series to play along with Assassins Creed and Batman Arkham collection. Halo has a special place in my heart and I'm absolutely stoked about the new game, the demo I just watched for it makes it look like it's going to be brilliant.

Fully Fledged

Same! I don't know if I'm easily pleased but the vast majority of games on show looked really interesting to me. I really want to play The Gunk!
I can't remember that one off of my head I'll have to look back and see if it catches my imagination.

Edit:yeah that looks interesting.

Last edited:

izzydiggler

Was pretty interesting but the lack of gameplay across the PS5/Xbox reveals has been minimal at best, so difficult to get too excited.

It just seems nobody wants to play their hand and we‘re not too far from launch and we have such little information about it.

Bojan11

Was pretty interesting but the lack of gameplay across the PS5/Xbox reveals has been minimal at best, so difficult to get too excited.

It just seems nobody wants to play their hand and we‘re not too far from launch and we have such little information about it.
Next month we should get price and release for both judging by the rumours.

Bojan11

I think I’ve read that every month for as long as I can remember :)
Nah, trust me. If price or release isn’t announced in August then I am willing to go so far that @Damien can ban @esmufc07. That’s how far I am willing to risk it.

Pretty much every insider has been saying August. Today they were going to show just games. Nobody expected price or release. Even the Sony show, PS5 hardware was shown due to them entering production and not wanting some factory worker to reveal it before they do.

DavelinaJolie

I thought it was mostly boring. I'm no Halo fan but they made that look more tedious than the req packs from Halo 5.

izzydiggler

Nah, trust me. If price or release isn’t announced in August then I am willing to go so far that @Damien can ban @esmufc07. That’s how far I am willing to risk it.

Pretty much every insider has been saying August. Today they were going to show just games. Nobody expected price or release. Even the Sony show, PS5 hardware was shown due to them entering production and not wanting some factory worker to reveal it before they do.
:lol: Well I’ll take your word for it...not that it really matters, I’ll be pre-ordering both whatever.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Halo has always been a series I'll love forever, 1 is up there with Goldeneye for greatest console FPS moments. But that just looks more of the same, nothing special at all. I'll still play the hell out of it though :drool:

As for Forza, unless it suddenly goes back to it's roots I'm not in the slightest bit interested.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Funny how people continue to use Xbox games also being on PC as a negative when it's companies making sure you buy their console by tying developers down that should really be the issue they have.

Ainu

Funny how people continue to use Xbox games also being on PC as a negative when it's companies making sure you buy their console by tying developers down that should really be the issue they have.
It works for me, I'll be playing their games on PC. I think this was an interesting showcase for gamepass, not so much Series X though.

hubbuh

Halo is brilliant. My current console is the Xbox One Halo 5 Guardians special edition :lol:. When Bungie made the games they were better but the entire atmosphere is just fantastic. Amazing soundtrack and storyline.
MAJOR AGREE. Entering the world for the first time when you crash land on Halo CE was so incredible. It was a really different vibe but I also really liked Halo ODST.

Bojan11

Series x is gonna be a proper failure, isn't it?
Why?

PS5 will outsell it. Doesn’t make it a failure though especially as I think the gap won’t be as big as it was gen.

Xbox one sold nearly 50m despite not having any killer exclusive.

Oh and like someone told you before MS do not care where you play. If you play on PC you are giving them money. If you play on X then you are doing the same. For them it’s how many people they can get on gamepass rather than how many sales they make from consoles that make little profit.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It was hour long stream to sell Gamepass. MS needs to focus on quality of games rather than quantity.

Castia

It was hour long stream to sell Gamepass. MS needs to focus on quality of games rather than quantity.
Some good quality games there tbh. The smaller unknown games were similar to what Sony showed at their event.

Gamepass is brilliant, you could buy the console with just a £10 sub and have about 200 quality games to play at launch.

pratyush_utd

Series x is gonna be a proper failure, isn't it?
Considering Xbox one which is one of the worst console ever marketed sold close to 30m before Xbox one x was introduced shows the grip Xbox has on American market.

PS5 will out-sell it no doubt about it but Xbox Series X won't be a failure. It's quite powerful machine and MS seems to have understood the mistake they made with Xbox one.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Some good quality games there tbh. The smaller unknown games were similar to what Sony showed at their event.

Gamepass is brilliant, you could buy the console with just a £10 sub and have about 200 quality games to play at launch.
To be honest I hardly get time to play 1 game a month so I usually pick the best game available. Gamepass doesn't really interest me personally but I can see the appeal. But the whole show was designed around that.

I was merely talking as a potential customer and I see no reason to buy XSX yet. Although I do like the look of STALKER which is a timed exclusive. Rest was underwhelming.

evil_geko

I liked quite a lot there, new HALO of course, STALKER 2 was long awaited. The Medium which is supposed to be spiritual succesor to Silent Hill, Obsidians new Epic Fantasy game Avowed which we saw very little of, but Obsidian know their shit, also FABLE reboot, great stuff!

pratyush_utd

For the past 7 years PlayStation fans have been saying Xbox have no games now they show an hour of nothing but games it Xbox has too many games.
Why is PlayStation relevant in this discussion?

I liked quite a lot there, new HALO of course, STALKER 2 was long awaited. The Medium which is supposed to be spiritual succesor to Silent Hill, Obsidians new Epic Fantasy game Avowed which we saw very little of, but Obsidian know their shit, also FABLE reboot, great stuff!
Silent Hill is rumoured to be coming on PS5 and maybe will get announced in August state of play.

Fable is MMO it seems. That would be a huge disappointment.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It works for me, I'll be playing their games on PC. I think this was an interesting showcase for gamepass, not so much Series X though.
Gamepass is more important to them anyway and what all this is really about. They'll make more money, build more stickiness and it'll live far beyond the console. Once Cloud gaming is more of a reality, whenever that is, they'll be well placed and pick up market share from gamers who don't buy consoles.

evil_geko

Silent Hill is rumoured to be coming on PS5 and maybe will get announced in August state of play.
If it's Konami only doing it, they might as well not bother again. But if Kojima is involved or someone else, then sure.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
*points at yellow banner above reply box* there's a thread for console comparison.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-the-new-fable-will-be-an-mmo.254028/

From the replies by verified Era posters, the new Fable game will be MMO-lite/GaaS game. Not really surprising as wouldn't expect an AAA single player game of the quality of that five second trailer on Game Pass day one.

Fully Fledged

Why is PlayStation relevant in this discussion?

Fable is MMO it seems. That would be a huge disappointment.
Why is PlayStation Relevant? Really?

By the way Fable wont be a MMO.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Considering Xbox one which is one of the worst console ever marketed sold close to 30m before Xbox one x was introduced shows the grip Xbox has on American market.

PS5 will out-sell it no doubt about it but Xbox Series X won't be a failure. It's quite powerful machine and MS seems to have understood the mistake they made with Xbox one.
I think the xbox one gained a lot of sales from how excellent the 360 was, and people expected that quality to be upheld. A bit like how in football fans of a team will have renewed faith in a new season, but within gaming I think that faith only gives you an extra season before people become more skeptical.

Personally I don't care for xbox, but I care a lot about the competition and how it improves gaming in general, and the talk about disliking exclusives is consumer friendly and I naturally like that.
I just think they are in for a terrible start to the generation due to a lack of faith from what were fans from the 360 who to my limited knowledge came across as very dissappointed with the current generation despite having superior hardware (going on my memory for that), and the lack of exclusives not being there to entice potential new customers.

Naturally the potential negatives I see are guesswork on my part, so there is no reason for people who think it'll be a mega-success to be too annoyed. I know Microsoft got a lot of good studios now so they could turn it around for the Series X itself by making things temporarily Series X exclusive before releasing them for PC later on, but by how things look now I don't think that is the plan.

I do hope Fable 4 plays similar to Fable 1 (haven't tried 2, and 3 was shite) as I loved the original and still play it from time to time.
The only game I truly wish I could play that I feel I've missed out on by not owning xbox-consoles is Lost Odyssey, but good lord I wish that game came to PC someday. If you or others know of games at the quality of Lost Odyssey within the rpg or specifically jrpg genre that I might have missed feel free to tempt me to buy a xbox. :D

pratyush_utd

Why is PlayStation Relevant? Really?

By the way Fable wont be a MMO.
Yes really. This isn't a comparison thread and nor I was attempting at one. Maybe you need to stop being so defensive about Xbox. I wanted to see AAA budget title and there was none.

Fable has been "rumoured" as pointed in other reply. It's not confirmed but the same source had leaked the entire Xbox games lineup for today's show , so it's a big possibility that it is true.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Which is all good. I just fnd it odd that people often use it as a point to shit on Xbox, even though the point should surely be that you can’t play Sony stuff where you’d rather play it.