Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bojan11

Fable isn’t a full fledged MMO. It’s apparently MMO lite, which isn’t really surprising. The second one had coop. I went in my mates world and did a lot of bad things which made him evil. Didn’t invite him to my save though.

hubbuh

I liked quite a lot there, new HALO of course, STALKER 2 was long awaited. The Medium which is supposed to be spiritual succesor to Silent Hill, Obsidians new Epic Fantasy game Avowed which we saw very little of, but Obsidian know their shit, also FABLE reboot, great stuff!
Don't forget about Psychonauts!!!

Ainu

Which is all good. I just fnd it odd that people often use it as a point to shit on Xbox, even though the point should surely be that you can’t play Sony stuff where you’d rather play it.
Sure but they're not really in the same situation. Sony really needs players locked into their Playstation ecosystem. Microsoft don't really need that with Xbox, they're fine with people on PC, after all that's part of their ecosystem too. But I guess we're getting into comparison talk which is something we should keep out of this thread.

To keep it more on topic, I guess I'm just a little underwhelmed that I didn't get to see at least some actual footage from Hellblade 2. It's clearly still a ways off. Judging by most of the other stuff, it's going to take a while until all those newly acquired studios are going to be firing on all cilinders. What I really want to see from Xbox studios is that "next killer franchise", you know, something they haven't really had since Halo, Forza, Fable and Gears first arrived. It was probably never going to happen in a reveal like this though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@Bojan11 was planning on asking you as I remember you mentioned that you’ve got 2080ti... ...I’m just wondering why does Xbox interest you? Especially with Series X having a midrange specs? Why not just get a PS5 for exclusives and put £500 towards a Titan on SLI or something? Not a loaded question just genuinely curious.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
*points at yellow banner above reply box* there's a thread for console comparison.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-the-new-fable-will-be-an-mmo.254028/

From the replies by verified Era posters, the new Fable game will be MMO-lite/GaaS game. Not really surprising as wouldn't expect an AAA single player game of the quality of that five second trailer on Game Pass day one.
Why not? All their first party games they are putting on Gamepass day 1. That will include whatever Initiative make, that Obsidian RPG, Hellblade 2 and everything else..

They'll definitely do an AAA game in the mould of TLOU / God of War through The Initiative and I'm guessing it'll be day 1 gamepass (they'd have to 180 otherwise.. not that they haven't before but I doubt it)

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm a PlayStation fanboy admittedly but I saw nothing to hook me into getting a Series X. A severe lack of imagination in the games shown.

Nintendo have their market, Sony have the mass market and Xbox is just sorta....'there'...

I guess it feels thte same about the PS5 for Xbox owners/fans though.

I had a 360 and loved the original Gears but I can't remember enjoying much else that I couldn't also get on PS, Project Gotham was great but I see they've stopped making them.

Last edited:

Bojan11

@Bojan11 was planning on asking you as I remember you mentioned that you’ve got 2080ti... ...I’m just wondering why does Xbox interest you? Especially with Series X having a midrange specs? Why not just get a PS5 for exclusives and put £500 towards a Titan on SLI or something? Not a loaded question just genuinely curious.
Probably most likely will upgrade to 3080ti.

I just like having shiny new stuff plus owned every Xbox. I do use my x for Gears and Halo multiplayer. I also have a lot of friends split between Xbox and PS. I’m not a fan of PC multiplayer.

Gamepass pretty much makes up for the machine. I am signed up till 2022. I own a shit ton of digital games on the Xbox and PlayStation echo systems. So it’s hard for me to let go and fully move to steam or epic. I just move around, so once I finish Ghost on PS4, I’d probably go play a game on Xbox/Switch or PC. I don’t have a dedication to one system.

I think it’s good MS and Sony to a lesser extent are offering games on PC. More sales and bigger budgets go to the studios as a result for future games. One of my favourite series Yakuza got more people playing it due to coming out on PC. Games like that it’s brilliant as they niche games.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Probably most likely will upgrade to 3080ti.

I just like having shiny new stuff plus owned every Xbox. I do use my x for Gears and Halo multiplayer. I also have a lot of friends split between Xbox and PS. I’m not a fan of PC multiplayer.

Gamepass pretty much makes up for the machine. I am signed up till 2022. I own a shit ton of digital games on the Xbox and PlayStation echo systems. So it’s hard for me to let go and fully move to steam or epic. I just move around, so once I finish Ghost on PS4, I’d probably go play a game on Xbox/Switch or PC. I don’t have a dedication to one system.

I think it’s good MS and Sony to a lesser extent are offering games on PC. More sales and bigger budgets go to the studios as a result for future games. One of my favourite series Yakuza got more people playing it due to coming out on PC. Games like that it’s brilliant as they niche games.
I get what you’re saying about being locked into eco system. Although it’s all Microsoft as we know it can still be a bit of a pain.

Game-pass is fairly excellent and the new cloud gaming from Microsoft is going to reinforce that.

Anyway, from all the rumours that have been floating around, I don’t think we’ll see a Ti card this year. Think it will be 80 top of the line and a refresh next year. In any case, 4K RTX ultra gaming should be available this fall and not just for enthusiasts.

I was going to get an Xbox series x and a PS5 but after some (fairly short) consideration, I decided that I’m just going to pump £300 quid towards a new cpu and £200 toward a new GPU. (It’s probably going to last me 5 years. — Edit* I cant see architecture changing much and games moving to multithreaded performances. Can’t see anything changing apart from incremental graphical fidelity, despite the jargon)

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why not? All their first party games they are putting on Gamepass day 1. That will include whatever Initiative make, that Obsidian RPG, Hellblade 2 and everything else..

They'll definitely do an AAA game in the mould of TLOU / God of War through The Initiative and I'm guessing it'll be day 1 gamepass (they'd have to 180 otherwise.. not that they haven't before but I doubt it)
Yes, it can happen and there will be single player games on there, but the GaaS type games with microtransactions on Game Pass is where they'll be making money and Fable is one of their biggest IPs so makes sense to me that they'll be looking at that as an avenue.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...still-playing-around-with-gameplay-ideas/#nnn

“So the notion of, ‘What does it mean to nurture a world? What does it mean to be in nature?’

“Part of the reason we haven’t talked a lot about Everwild is because we’re still feeling a lot of these things out. We’re still playing around with gameplay ideas.

“We’ll have plenty to say in the future on that, but … we have an idea we feel really passionate about, and we think there’s something special. I have a team of people that wake up every morning with the desire to make this game that they’re really, really passionate about.”
Looking like Everwild won't be out until late 2022 at earliest.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I was going to get an Xbox series x and a PS5 but after some (fairly short) consideration, I decided that I’m just going to pump £300 quid towards a new cpu and £200 toward a new GPU. (It’s probably going to last me 5 years. — Edit* I cant see architecture changing much and games moving to multithreaded performances. Can’t see anything changing apart from incremental graphical fidelity, despite the jargon)
:lol: I think you ramble on about this stuff in every post you make in a console thread or a thread about games on consoles. We get it, you like PCs and consoles suck.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
£200 gpu? What year do you think it is?

Bosws87

Console is the better option £200 gpu won't even touch the sides looking at a 2070 super to be running along side or close to the next gen consoles and thats £500

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Has anyone here got an Elite controller V2? I'm thinking of getting one, but I've heard the build quality is crap.

Bosws87

Has anyone here got an Elite controller V2? I'm thinking of getting one, but I've heard the build quality is crap.
Yeh i've got one i use for PC, if you manage to get one without dodgy face buttons its the best controller available.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Yeh i've got one i use for PC, if you manage to get one without dodgy face buttons its the best controller available.
Thanks. Did you happen to get an extended warranty with yours? They're selling them with the console on the Microsoft site.

Bosws87

Thanks. Did you happen to get an extended warranty with yours? They're selling them with the console on the Microsoft site.
Nah i got mine from Amazon, but the defects with them you will notice within a days use the face buttons not registering every time you press them.

I haven't heard of any design flaw further down the line.

DavelinaJolie

Why wouldn't it be?
1. Because one of the hooks for Game Pass extra spending is you generally get the base game, and the hope is you then purchase expansions/extra content for it. Destiny 2 is an oddity because the base game is free to play anyway, so getting the expansions is the deal and the hopeful hook is the micro-transactions on top.

2. Because it has been announced at $14.99 with a 10% discount for game pass subscribers.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d be keen to see more of that Obsidian RPG as that seems right up my street, also Fable too as they are classic games. The rest don’t grab me at all and there certainly isn’t enough to take me away from the PS5.

Fully Fledged

Which is all good. I just fnd it odd that people often use it as a point to shit on Xbox, even though the point should surely be that you can’t play Sony stuff where you’d rather play it.
I agree. I play most of the one's I want to play on my pc but I haven't got the rig to do 4k 60 so I might look into a Series X if it lives up to the hype.

Fully Fledged

I was in the beta for that. Jesus Christ it was awful.
I remember. I had loved Lionhead Studios and then they were forced to turn that out. Xbox were in a bad place back then run by idiots.
The thing is you don't get your fanbase hyped about a new Fable then turn out a generic MMO. Uncle Phil isn't that stupid he has to know that getting people hyped for this then turning out a MMO would be a media shiteshow of epic proportions.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Maybe the "mmo" part is just that it is a big open world game with a shit ton of quests?
Like kingdoms of amalur.

evil_geko

I think wide consensus is that Fable 2 is the best right? But first Fable will always be the best for me, might be a nostalgy thing.

Bojan11

I think wide consensus is that Fable 2 is the best right? But first Fable will always be the best for me, might be a nostalgy thing.
Both were great.

The third was just meh. Writing was on the wall when RPG sequel is coming out two years after the last game.

I did like the premise of the third game though becoming king and powerful. They just didn’t execute it well.

Bojan11

More on the so called Fable MMO bs that resetera lapped up from one unknown guy.

After yesterday's Xbox Games Showcase featuring reveals like Halo Infinite's gameplay, rumors quickly started to spread about some of the big games shown. Citing @ChronoTK on Twitter, the rumor that Playground Games's Fable was actually an MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) title quickly spread.
For anyone who is concerned about not getting a proper role-playing game (RPG), your fears are unfounded. Multiple sources familiar with the plans for Playground's take on Fable have confirmed to us that it is an action-RPG, one that you can play in single-player. There may be online elements like co-op functionality or limited, optional shared spaces but nothing to the extent that would justify classifying the game as an MMO.
This wasn't the end of the worried whispers though, as a comment from Brad Sams indicated that Halo Infinite might ship without its multiplayer. 343 Industries community director Brian Jarrard quickly stepped in to explain this rumor wasn't true, replying to a (now-deleted) Tweet about the rumor.
We've previously reported that the multiplayer for Halo Infinite might be free-to-play, in the same vein as Call of Duty: Warzone being available without buying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. If so, it's possible that the campaign and multiplayer could use seperate clients but they are intended to ship alongside each other.
https://www.windowscentral.com/fable-not-mmo-halo-infinite-multiplayer-not-delayed

So basically what Fable 2 had which was drop in coop.