Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Be honest mate, it's all underwhelming
Nah it was completely in line with a Sony or Nintendo direct. They are shorter and more focussed, and naturally won't always have something for everybody. That's certainly been the case for many recent Nintendo / Sony directs where I have the console and intend to buy nothing shown.

Last year was terrible, worse than underwhelming. But considering Starfield wasn't included and there'll be more at e3, its solid.

When it comes to 3rd party support on gamepass this year then its definitely not underwhelming. Darktide, Hollow Knight (sequel), Life of Pi, Atomic Heart, Flintlock and loads more.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Anyone else playing Hi Fi Rush? It seems decent, so far. I LOVE the look of it.

Might play some (10 mins) of Goldeneye, tomorrow.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nah it was completely in line with a Sony or Nintendo direct. They are shorter and more focussed, and naturally won't always have something for everybody. That's certainly been the case for many recent Nintendo / Sony directs where I have the console and intend to buy nothing shown.

Last year was terrible, worse than underwhelming. But considering Starfield wasn't included and there'll be more at e3, its solid.

When it comes to 3rd party support on gamepass this year then its definitely not underwhelming. Darktide, Hollow Knight (sequel), Life of Pi, Atomic Heart, Flintlock and loads more.
Bless

evil_geko

Hi-Fi Rush is actually a fecking brilliant game, it is a steal at $30. Loving it.

Alock1

Hi-Fi Rush is actually a fecking brilliant game, it is a steal at $30. Loving it.
Gamepass is a bigger steal. You can get a year for like 60 dollars. Do that instead!

Alock1

@afrocentricity did you actually watch the Forza stuff?

You gush over last gen GT so I'm imagining you're buzzing.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@afrocentricity did you actually watch the Forza stuff?

You gush over last gen GT so I'm imagining you're buzzing.
Yeah I loved Forza but it's not enough to splash on a XBox right now when I have GT7 with VR support. I told you before, I'll get one when there's enough compelling software, and you've been promising that it's coming...

He’d be peeing his pants in excitement if it was coming out on PS5
Fixed

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Surprised to say this but Goldeneye is still a really fun game. The controls don't feel like ass while playing a proper controller and it feels novel playing an objective based shooter, ie one that isn't simply about getting from a to b alive. The trial and error approach gives it a puzzle-ish flavour and the small levels mean it's fun to replay on higher difficulties, which come with more challenging objectives. Facility took me an hour on secret agent because I kept blowing the wrong shit up and getting an unhealthy dose of noxious gas in my lungs. Dr Doak being in any one of seventeen locations meant I had to explore all the level just to find him - a very old school approach to gameplay.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Surprised to say this but Goldeneye is still a really fun game. The controls don't feel like ass while playing a proper controller and it feels strangely rewarding playing an objective based shooter, ie one that isn't simply about getting from a to b alive. The trial and error approach gives it a certain puzzle-ish flavour. Facility took me an hour because I kept blowing the wrong shit up and getting an unhealthy dose of noxious gas.
You are coming close to being the worst "gamer" on here.

"Oh goldeneye isn't actually that bad!". Of course it isn't you dickhead :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
You are coming close to being the worst "gamer" on here.

"Oh goldeneye isn't actually that bad!". Of course it isn't you dickhead :lol:
Don't get me wrong, it's not good by modern standards but the levels are short and sweet and it scratches that classic arcade itch well It just kinda works man :lol:

And I reiterate, it feels SO much better not being played with an N64 controller. You can actually aim the frigging gun!

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Don't get me wrong, it's not good by modern standards but the levels are short and sweet and it scratches that classic arcade itch well It just kinda works man :lol:

And I reiterate, it feels SO much better not being played with an N64 controller. You can actually aim the frigging gun!
The N64 controller invented analogue gaming you tool.

(PS, the game really shines at 60fps over t'internet ;) )

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The HiFi Rush announcement was kind of cool and it has been getting some great reviews since too. They managed to keep the entire production under the wraps with hardly any rumors, impressive.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The HiFi Rush announcement was kind of cool and it has been getting some great reviews since too. They managed to keep the entire production under the wraps with hardly any rumors, impressive.
Started playing it today, such a good game on initial impressions! Gets everything right that High of Life tried to do.

Good, varied, fight mechanics, beautiful graphic style and is genuinely funny. Can't wait to play more.

Sarni

Started playing it today, such a good game on initial impressions! Gets everything right that High of Life tried to do.

Good, varied, fight mechanics, beautiful graphic style and is genuinely funny. Can't wait to play more.
High on Life is the one I intend to finish before I properly indulge in Hi-Fi Rush. Persona 5 is next in order.

Alock1

Hi-Fi Rush is good craic for sure. Nice bonus.

Really looking forward to Atomic Heart. Looks class.

Sarni

Hi-Fi Rush is good craic for sure. Nice bonus.

Really looking forward to Atomic Heart. Looks class.
And will only have less than two weeks to play that before Wo Long comes out!

redcucumber

Just seen that HiFi Rush is only below Elden Ring and God of War in game ratings from the past year or something? Can't wait to try it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Still playing HiFi Rush, I love how deep the combat gameplay is, the further you go into the game the more gameplay elements are introduced and genuinely add to the strategy in fighting.

Alock1

Just seen that HiFi Rush is only below Elden Ring and God of War in game ratings from the past year or something? Can't wait to try it.
It's great.

A lot of people dismissed it quickly because of the art style but there's a lot to it and takes a good 10 hours plus to beat.

Sarni

I actually got excitied about my own XBox for the first time last night, discovered MS Flight Simulator is available on Gamepass and it and it looks pretty good.

I re-downloaded it yesterday, having realized about multiple updates they added for US / Canada cities and just spent a couply of hours casually flying. The only thing I do not like is the size, including updates it is 200 GB already, on top of 170 GB I have dedicated to NBA 2K23 and 105 GB + for Forza Horizon 5. I don't get how people get by with Series S.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I re-downloaded it yesterday, having realized about multiple updates they added for US / Canada cities and just spent a couply of hours casually flying. The only thing I do not like is the size, including updates it is 200 GB already, on top of 170 GB I have dedicated to NBA 2K23 and 105 GB + for Forza Horizon 5. I don't get how people get by with Series S.
Personally I don't tend to play a lot of AAA games as they tend to be a bit too big for my liking. Like you, I'd be picking up a Series X if I played them primarily.

Halo Infinite and Forza are very annoying in terms of how they keep adding new things - the downloads should be totally optional if you're not buying all the DLC shit.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It’s a shame Xbox doesn’t support VR though. MS Flight sim looks amazing in VR. Even so, I’m looking forward to playing that as I’ve just started messing around with RC planes too. Great fun.

Checked out MS FS on Xbox series x on YouTube, looked surprisingly good.