Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Personally I don't tend to play a lot of AAA games as they tend to be a bit too big for my liking. Like you, I'd be picking up a Series X if I played them primarily.

Halo Infinite and Forza are very annoying in terms of how they keep adding new things - the downloads should be totally optional if you're not buying all the DLC shit.
Yeah but in my case I need to have NBA 2K, it takes up half of the space you'd have on your Series S... basically no way of then adding Forza Horizon and Flight Simulator. And these are the games you tend to keep at all times, but won't usually play them every day.

I find the size of 2K absurd though. I don't play online at all, and don't touch MyPlayer, so I probably end up using maximum half of its content.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It’s a shame Xbox doesn’t support VR though. MS Flight sim looks amazing in VR. Even so, I’m looking forward to playing that as I’ve just started messing around with RC planes too. Great fun.

Checked out MS FS on Xbox series x on YouTube, looked surprisingly good.
I was actually a bit disappointed in MS FS. Was myself really looking forward to playing it on GamePass but the details of buildings in Munich I found lackluster. I have an internet connection of 30 Mbps and I know it says recommended is 50 when using live downloads of maps, but if that is what's required then it's a bit too much.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong regarding the settings :lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I was actually a bit disappointed in MS FS. Was myself really looking forward to playing it on GamePass but the details of buildings in Munich I found lackluster. I have an internet connection of 30 Mbps and I know it says recommended is 50 when using live downloads of maps, but if that is what's required then it's a bit too much.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong regarding the settings :lol:
Flight sim has always traditionally surpassed the tech of the time. I've tried it on the X and though it's impressive for what it is, it is so far behind what modern computers are actually capable of it's not even amusing.

I remember playing something like the 4th one on a state of the art diamond 2mb graphics card after looking at the magazine shot. That's pain for you :lol:

caid

Flight sim has always traditionally surpassed the tech of the time. I've tried it on the X and though it's impressive for what it is, it is so far behind what modern computers are actually capable of it's not even amusing.

I remember playing something like the 4th one on a state of the art diamond 2mb graphics card after looking at the magazine shot. That's pain for you :lol:
I have a friend who just spent an outrageous amount on a gaming pc. Its really impressive to be honest. They should rerelease it on consoles next generation with a bit of marketing behind it, its a different experience.

Redlambs

I have a friend who just spent an outrageous amount on a gaming pc. Its really impressive to be honest. They should rerelease it on consoles next generation with a bit of marketing behind it, its a different experience.
It's something that has evolved rather than being re-released. It's the original evolving "game" (not that it was ever a game to start with). I love the fact it's in the conscience again after all this time though!

In the age of "HD updates" and "remakes" the physics and modelling behind this really haven't changed all that much. It's fundamentally the same thing it started off as, and that's the most impressive thing about it.

Sarni

It looks exactly as I'd expect it to look on X for me, especially in areas that they've updated with full detail. It's a very relaxing experience too, I find myself just randomly picking two cities to fly over, spend 15-20 mins doing that and then go back doing whatever I had been doing before. It is missing some buildings though, wanted to fly over Chase Center in San Francisco and it was an empty lot (despite having Oracle Park just next to it).

One more place where Quick Resume excels, as I can just jump between FS, one of Forza/NBA and the story based game that I am currently playing (which is Persona 5 now). Always have one quick pick-up game in rotation where I won't spend more than 15 minutes to pass a level (been moving between Midnight Fight Express and Ninja Turtles now).

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

You couldn't pay the same money for a PC than a Series X and deliver a better flight sim experience mind.

Redlambs

You couldn't pay the same money for a PC than a Series X and deliver a better flight sim experience mind.
You couldn't also talk about what that would take and yet here you are. Mind.

It's something that has evolved rather than being re-released. It's the original evolving "game" (not that it was ever a game to start with). I love the fact it's in the conscience again after all this time though!

In the age of "HD updates" and "remakes" the physics and modelling behind this really haven't changed all that much. It's fundamentally the same thing it started off as, and that's the most impressive thing about it.

caid

It looks exactly as I'd expect it to look on X for me, especially in areas that they've updated with full detail. It's a very relaxing experience too, I find myself just randomly picking two cities to fly over, spend 15-20 mins doing that and then go back doing whatever I had been doing before. It is missing some buildings though, wanted to fly over Chase Center in San Francisco and it was an empty lot (despite having Oracle Park just next to it).

One more place where Quick Resume excels, as I can just jump between FS, one of Forza/NBA and the story based game that I am currently playing (which is Persona 5 now). Always have one quick pick-up game in rotation where I won't spend more than 15 minutes to pass a level (been moving between Midnight Fight Express and Ninja Turtles now).
It doesn't need to be. We were chasing storms. The real time weather is quite cool.
The more detailed areas helped too - dont know how much was the first time being on a series x and how much was updates in the mean time. It felt like a neat tech demo the first time i played it. 2nd time as i said felt different.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Since Halo Infinite was released, fans had assumed that in addition to new multiplayer modes, 343 was working on new content for the story. But that wasn't the case, according to the people familiar with the situation. Developers were making prototypes in the Unreal Engine and pitching ideas for new Halo games rather than working on new missions for Halo Infinite. Many of those developers were laid off this month and the company isn't actively working on new story content, the people said. A Microsoft spokesman declined to comment.
So much for Infinite lasting for a decade.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
343 is a cancer and ruined one of the best IP's in gaming.

caid

I felt a bit burned out and bored of Halo after Bungies last game. I'd had enough by that point so i find it hard to care how a weaker developer who only make games in a series i no longer care about are doing. People losing their jobs suck, i should put that caveat.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I quite enjoyed the two non mainline halo games ODST and Reach

the drop off when 343 took over to halo 4 and 5 was pretty dramatic…but I quite enjoyed the latest one (Infinite). Im talking single player here. I generally only play online for a few weeks before I drop any game

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Microsoft buying and ruining a development team? Well, who would have seen that coming!

Certainly never happened before, surely can't happen again since they've "changed" now right?
Ms didn't buy 343 mate

Redlambs

I mean...343 were formed by MS. Not sure where the confusion is there.

It's a bit like the Rare of today have nothing to do with the Rare of old. Only the Rare of old didn't feck off out of it after losing all the staff anyway so the name staying with MS.

@Alock1 refusing to criticise MS? Who’d have thought.
Although as per usual, he has a short memory span and tries to change the past to suit his narrative.

Sarni

Nobody mention AOE 2 releasing today on GP? Looks and plays amazingly.
How is it with a pad? I loved the original back in the day and would gladly sunk myself into this again.

redcucumber

For some reason I'm still clinging onto the idea that Halo will at some point be great again. Gears too.

Coxy

Nobody mention AOE 2 releasing today on GP? Looks and plays amazingly.
Looking forward to trying it out - but replaying The last of us currently on PS5. Looking forward to trying Goldeneye and AOE2 soon though

Shark

@NotShark
How is it with a pad? I loved the original back in the day and would gladly sunk myself into this again.
Won't lie it's a bit weird on the pad at the start, but some things really do work like housing placement and farms. Definitely getting used to it. It's nice to chill to this game in couch/bed also as opposed to PC setup.

There's also surprisingly graphical settings which makes it quite future proof :) be great if other studios follow suit on consoles.

hobbers

For some reason I'm still clinging onto the idea that Halo will at some point be great again. Gears too.
The simple things that made them great are now completely overwritten by cosmetics, battle passes, impenetrable menus, and low to nil content. The way of cod.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's great flying over familiar places too. I'm going to install it again and fly over some places I've visited recently. Especially interested in Eze in France but it might not look great.

Sarni

It's great flying over familiar places too. I'm going to install it again and fly over some places I've visited recently. Especially interested in Eze in France but it might not look great.
Yeah pretty much what I have been doing all the time, either flying over Krakow (which is not perfectly made but still impressive enough) or re-visiting places I went to on vacations (just did entire Calgary to Vancouver flight yesterday, flying over Banff, Jasper and Icefields Pkwy). Intend to re-do my US West Coast trip sometime soon. Top game. Only thing is you need a small plane to navigate, and I wish I learned how to fly a helicopter in tight spaces to fly over places like New York, San Francisco etc. at low altitudes without hitting anything. Shame it doesn't just let you bounce off buildings.

Do the same game except with driving instead of flying and I'd probably give it a million out of 10. A Forza Horizon quality game in The Crew world is my ultimate dream.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
One thing I'll say about 343 Halo is that those games, for whatever flaws they have, all play fantastic. Beautiful feeling games to play at 60fps.

If the reports are true and 343 are moving to unreal engine then I hope they don't lose that 'halo feel' along the way.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Halo infinite was my first Halo since Halo 3 ( didn't finish it, played a bit) and I really liked it albiet I only play single player. I understand the bigger frustration people have with Halo under 343 is their multiplayer is horrible, which even I can remember older Halo games were famous for.

Would suck if they are going to only concentrate on multiplayer from now on though, I don't play multiplayer because I'm shit at FPS games on console :lol:

Sarni

Have you played AOE4? Me and my pals are addicted, it's a lot more accessible than 2. Love it. Think there's a console version later in the year also.
Very much looking forward to that. I spent some time with AoE2 today, very enjoyable and completely fine to play with a pad, and will probably be willing to dedicate a bit of time to IV when it releases.

redcucumber

Sweet holy bawlz, HiFi Rush is excellent. Reminds of Jet Set Radio Future which I also fecking loved.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I finished Hi Fi Rush. Not really type of game but the visuals are something else. Worth playing just to see how it looks.

Currently, messing about with Goldeneye until I get bored.

Shark

@NotShark
Have you played AOE4? Me and my pals are addicted, it's a lot more accessible than 2. Love it. Think there's a console version later in the year also.
Good stuff. Admittedly I haven't played much of 4 yet, but looking forward to. For now enjoying this one.