Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.
12 months game pass trick

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How do you do this? Is there a guide online that shows the process?
Let any Game Pass subscription run out completely if you already have it.

Buy Live Gold from CD Keys (or wherever you can find it cheapest). I think you can do up to 3 years worth. I did 12 months.

Redeem that code on your Xbox so you’ve got Gold.

Go to here (this is the UK site. Find your version if you’re somewhere else). Make sure you’re logged in
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

Follow it through. It asks you to subscribe for either a quid or £10.99 depending if you’ve done it before, which made me think I’m going to end up paying that every month straight away, but it was a one off payment which converted all my Gold to Game Pass at 1:1, which would then turn into a subscription at the end of the 12 months.

Turn off recurring payments so it doesn’t turn into said subscription and you can hopefully do it again when it runs out.

ShinjiNinja26

I downloaded Battlefield 5 to keep me going until they patch Cold War but feck me what a steaming pile of garbage that game is! I’m a battlefield fan as well but I dunno what Dice were doing with this one. Should’ve known though as I avoided buying it at the time due to poor reviews but thought I’d give it a go anyway. Luckily I also downloaded BF 1943 as well as I fecking loved that little game so will play that for now, instantly much better experience.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Was just browing Era and saw this. Thread starter said you can't take screenshots of the dashboard with the controller - is that true, and why? Seems weird.
No idea. I've never tried on either console in 7 years of having the ability. I assume you have on PS?

Maybe cuz of ads and stuff? Who knows.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Was just browing Era and saw this. Thread starter said you can't take screenshots of the dashboard with the controller - is that true, and why? Seems weird.
I don’t know why but this question proper annoyed me
Which color is that for the dynamic theme? Looks nice.
There’s like 10 colours to choose from. I’m sure you can work it out mate

izzydiggler

does it have options for keyboard and mouse by any chance?
I don’t think there’s any official support for them but some people seem to have a workaround which seems a bit fiddly. It’s possible they might add it but at the minure, I wouldn’t reply on it.

I‘ve encountered a few bugs and it’s a bit rough. I’m waiting for a patch before bothering to get into it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Fancy a slap?
Thought we were friends and the news will cheer you up :(

On serious note, do you think you will enjoy games if they come out as episodes? Walking dead felt like the only one where it made sense. All Games as live service model don't really interest me. But that could be because of limited option of going online at my place.

wr8_utd

:'(
Just started watching Netflix and Prime on my Xbox and...I feel like my TV is finally, for the first time in two years, actually and genuinely showcasing its 4K capabilities. Absolutely massive difference in content on the regular Netflix/Prime apps made for LG and the same apps on the Xbox. Maybe it's the better display calibration? Whatever the reason, I don't think I can ever go back to watching on the TV apps again now.

wr8_utd

:'(

Buy Live Gold from CD Keys (or wherever you can find it cheapest). I think you can do up to 3 years worth. I did 12 months.

Go to here (this is the UK site. Find your version if you’re somewhere else). Make sure you’re logged in

Follow it through. It asks you to subscribe for either a quid or £10.99 depending if you’ve done it before, which made me think I’m going to end up paying that every month straight away, but it was a one off payment which converted all my Gold to Game Pass at 1:1, which would then turn into a subscription at the end of the 12 months.

Turn off recurring payments so it doesn’t turn into said subscription and you can hopefully do it again when it runs out.
Does this also work if you've already had Ultimate and then you cancel that to buy the cheapest Gold you can find and then try the upgrade?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just started watching Netflix and Prime on my Xbox and...I feel like my TV is finally, for the first time in two years, actually and genuinely showcasing its 4K capabilities. Absolutely massive difference in content on the regular Netflix/Prime apps made for LG and the same apps on the Xbox. Maybe it's the better display calibration? Whatever the reason, I don't think I can ever go back to watching on the TV apps again now.
Same thing for me on the PS5, finally actually watching UHD! It’s so much better.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Does this also work if you've already had Ultimate and then you cancel that to buy the cheapest Gold you can find and then try the upgrade?
Yeah that’s what I did. Well I let it run out. I didn’t cancel anything. You’ll have to pay £10.99 rather than a quid.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

As if @Harry Harries didn't even respond to this :lol:

Bojan11

Thought we were friends and the news will cheer you up :(

On serious note, do you think you will enjoy games if they come out as episodes? Walking dead felt like the only one where it made sense. All Games as live service model don't really interest me. But that could be because of limited option of going online at my place.
Depends on the gameplay. If the gameplay is like walking dead then I wouldn’t be excited about it. If it’s similar to how Hitman was then maybe.

Seems like MS insiders are saying it’s a stealth game. Taken from resetera

• 3rd Person stealth action game on a Cyberpunk setting, core is on stealth.
  • Rand heard it is based on seasonal content, not sure what it means but knows ''Episodic'' doesn't fits what they are doing
  • Not a cinematic game, don't expect a Uncharted/TLOU like project
  • Jez says that the ''AAAA'' stuff created wrong expectations, studio is meant to be small and nimble( I don't know what this means), not trying to do a ''GOW Killer'' or whatever.
  • He says that they are going to do experimantal formulas, they are going to be more similar to Remedy rather than Naughty Dog or other bigger studios.
  • Rand says that the episodic stuff falls more in line with the Black Mirror comparison(From Xbox ERA), independent ''episodes'' connected in the overall scheme of things.
  • Expect to hear about it soon, maybe TGA.

ShinjiNinja26

Anyone using Astro a50’s with the Series X? I was thinking of buying a pair but it looks like you need to do a software update to make them compatible first, just wanted to know if it’s a simple process or a pain in the arse before I make the purchase.

Rooney1987

Your mate Jeff Grubb seems to think there’s a Forza Horizon 5 coming out next year and before Forza 7.
He said he knew the map as well but didn't reveal it out of respect to Playground. I wonder about the map, rumours before 4 came out of Japan. Horizon 3/4 are 2 of the greatest racing gamers ever for me, but there with Burnout Paradise.

I know I'm in minority but I do prefer Horizon 3 to 4. I know 4 is technically a better game in every way but the map in 3 is better. Maybe is because I live here, 4 is good but I can only drive around old villages, fields and castles so much.

hubbuh

As if @Harry Harries didn't even respond to this :lol:
Aha shit apologies dood, really appreciate it. Made it nice and straightforward for a simpleton which is great. I was out following me bird around as she did her Christmas shopping so haven't had chance to do it yet. Game changer though, very hyped to play DOOM Eternal.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Aha shit apologies dood, really appreciate it. Made it nice and straightforward for a simpleton which is great. I was out following me bird around as she did her Christmas shopping so haven't had chance to do it yet. Game changer though, very hyped to play DOOM Eternal.
Aha no worries :p

Enjoy!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good shout. Tried it today and it is a much better quality picture. I don’t know if it’s just because I’m hungover but it seems like the Prime app has less fps though? I know Now TV has 25fps on the Xbox app and it’s horrible. It’s nowhere near that bad, thankfully

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So I'm looking for a media remote now. Turns out there's barely any choice. The only official one is inexplicably 90 pounds on Amazon. Can't be found anywhere else, including MS's own site. There's one that's everywhere by a brand called PDP Talon, but there's a new version of it, which I'd rather have because it's smaller, and newer, but this one can't be found anywhere either. Then there's a horrible £4.99 one. And that's it.

Presumably this is because you can control from the app now? But unlocking my phone and going in to the app isn't as easy or quick as pressing a button on a remote.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
So I'm looking for a media remote now. Turns out there's barely any choice. The only official one is inexplicably 90 pounds on Amazon. Can't be found anywhere else, including MS's own site. There's one that's everywhere by a brand called PDP Talon, but there's a new version of it, which I'd rather have because it's smaller, and newer, but this one can't be found anywhere either. Then there's a horrible £4.99 one. And that's it.

Presumably this is because you can control from the app now? But unlocking my phone and going in to the app isn't as easy or quick as pressing a button on a remote.
Weird - my TV remote itself can control the Series X like a gamepad. No issues.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If you're looking for something to play on GamePass check out tetris effect. I've been loving it. Much better than raging at COD!

Bojan11

If you're looking for something to play on GamePass check out tetris effect. I've been loving it. Much better than raging at COD!
I said that before the console was bleeding out. You laughed at me.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
For anyone getting Cyberpunk on disc, you can pre load it right now by using the app.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Wicked. Guessing 2022 earliest and maybe later?