Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I love how @Alock1 defends everything :lol:
I'm not even in the least bit surprised how they all are. Brand loyalty is a powerful drug.

Twitch (for example of how this works) is awful for ads now, not because they are there (if it's free content ads are fair in the right way), but the way/when they are placed, the contracts and the content in them is woeful. Not to mention the blatant pushing techniques (like volume/as soon as you change stream). All aimed towards kids as much as anybody.

There's serious questions to be raised about stuff like this creeping in and how MS would handle it.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I love how @Alock1 defends everything :lol:
I work in advertising and increasingly ads in gaming so my vested interest is definitely there but not MS specific.

I'm not even in the least bit surprised how they all are. Brand loyalty is a powerful drug.

Twitch (for example of how this works) is awful for ads now, not because they are there (if it's free content ads are fair in the right way), but the way/when they are placed, the contracts and the content in them is woeful. Not to mention the blatant pushing techniques (like volume/as soon as you change stream). All aimed towards kids as much as anybody.

There's serious questions to be raised about stuff like this creeping in and how MS would handle it.
Absolutely. Protecting children and reducing interference/disruption to gaming experience is important.

Done right and it can offer an important revenue stream particularly to indies. A lot of people here talk about subscriptions like gamepass harming sales for those platforms that go a different route. Commercial models like this will play an important part in a future where most people rarely buy games outright.

Balljy

Agreed, Twitch ads are awful, not because that they're there but because of when they're shown. As soon as you start watching someone you get an ad unless the streamer has turned off that option. Only bigger streamers would do that, which basically means small streamers are a chore to watch as you see an ad before you see them. Such an intrusive and purely money-making decision.

MS are going for games as a service, so I hope MS handle it better, but we'll see.

Alock1

I don't watch Twitch so can't comment but that doesn't surprise me at all. Amazon push it hard and I believe that experience has already started catching up with them.

Twitch is also a great showcase for how ads can be good though, and the rise of streaming and gaming professionals as a result over the last 10 or so years.

From the stuff I see, the advertising side whilst will no doubt be handled bad by some, will bring some good too. The more concerning bit is plans around things like nfts.

Redlambs

Did you guys watch Mixer though?

Because I'm being serious for once, that was the beginning of the end for them and the model Twitch took on out of the ashes. Like NFTS, which they'll get into too, this isn't something you can trust any big company like this lot with.

This isn't a "one day you'll have kids and understand" message either, as I'm sure you are against certain advertising techniques as an adult too. This isn't a good thing for games, the developers, for content creators that aren't the millionaires already nor any of us. It's certainly fecking awful for our future generations as the advertising standards are way more lapse in gaming. And I'm not specifically digging MS out here, this isn't just them and all the big companies/publishers already have variants or plans to have of this.

What bothers me is so many are happy with the shafting if it has the lube part.

Redlambs

Also @Alock1 drop the devil's advocate for once, as if really you knew what you were talking about you'd know that the reason those "gaming professionals" blew up in the first place was sponsorship and then more impactfully things like donations/subs. Ads were and still mostly are a very small part of the equation, MS actually ripped their streamers off as I'm sure you'll know with their version of ads when they launched it, a model Twitch and Fb now use btw. The figures have only changed because in their contracts, the mid-big guys have to run 6-8 ad blocks every 10-15 minutes. If you want to check that, then join and see. Then you can see exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to "non-intrusive" adverts and the latest round of techniques.

This is not a good thing, this isn't about helping developers or content creators. This is a corp doing what corps do. People really shouldn't be behind this, but again I'm not surprised they are. Not a single piece of disrespect intended to any of you, because this isn't aimed in a mean way and I love there's a gaming community on here and you all bang on about games as stupidly as me, but it is not only simply allowing the greed to continue it's being compliant with it. And the proof of that is right in front of your faces if you look at what is happening in the gaming space with ads, content creators and platforms right now.

NFTs will feature heavily down the line too btw...but I'm sure we'll all be against that right?

rotherham_red

That's a grand!
Get Xbox via All Access (which gives you Game Pass Ultimate, which is all you really need), and consider it like a second pay monthly mobile phone purchase and then get the PS5 via the usual method. Win-win situation IMO.

Alock1

Not saying that MS hasn't done poor ad experiences and not saying streamers have always been fairly rewarded, but what I am saying is that advertising revenue has certainly propped up many streamers and indie publishers/content creators. It was the driving force behind the Twitch business case in the first case, but also the key motivation behind the Amazon purchase. No doubt they are bleeding it for what it's worth and delivering a poor experience. I've no doubt that'll catch up with them as streamers and consumers move attention to youtube and other competing platforms.

How companies use our data and how they deliver ads are absolutely areas of concern that can and are often abused. However, we also have to accept that we are the product in these scenarios, and there's a value exchange of 'free content' to reward us. Nobody is saying that MS are doing this for altruistic purposes. But I am saying that there is potential for this to be a) an option for those who don't want to commit money but would rather give up their time, and is therefore not mandatory (ie. If you have gamepass ultimate, you don't need to consume ads) and b) a way for indie devs to reduce entry barriers to capture engaged audiences without having to sell on a streaming platform.

Not playing devil's advocate mate. It's literally my job. Vested interest and bias though - sure, that's totally fair.

Redlambs

Not saying that MS hasn't done poor ad experiences and not saying streamers have always been fairly rewarded, but what I am saying is that advertising revenue has certainly propped up many streamers and indie publishers/content creators. It was the driving force behind the Twitch business case in the first case, but also the key motivation behind the Amazon purchase. No doubt they are bleeding it for what it's worth and delivering a poor experience. I've no doubt that'll catch up with them as streamers and consumers move attention to youtube and other competing platforms.

How companies use our data and how they deliver ads are absolutely areas of concern that can and are often abused. However, we also have to accept that we are the product in these scenarios, and there's a value exchange of 'free content' to reward us. Nobody is saying that MS are doing this for altruistic purposes. But I am saying that there is potential for this to be a) an option for those who don't want to commit money but would rather give up their time, and is therefore not mandatory (ie. If you have gamepass ultimate, you don't need to consume ads) and b) a way for indie devs to reduce entry barriers to capture engaged audiences without having to sell on a streaming platform.

Not playing devil's advocate mate. It's literally my job. Vested interest and bias though - sure, that's totally fair.
It's your job, yet you don't watch Twitch not understand their business model or why Mixer failed? Sure the sudden move from Justin.tv to Twitch then then buyout was because of potential growth, but the revenue they generate still came from areas other than advertising primarily. In fact, I'd wager it still does going by the repetition.

That's not a pop btw, I'm just confused as to why you think the money from ads has propped up "many streamers" since that's demonstrably not the case. Even without the public leaks, you should know that. You should know ad revenue is still miniscule to the up and comers, you should know where their real money comes from and why Twitch/YT and all that spam more of the same ads over and over and louder and louder...

I get you are in that side of the business, nothing wrong with that. I don't even find issue with you and so many others not seeing past your nose, we all do what we do. But what gets me is the blindly backing what is happening here and not thinking about where this leads. Because as you rightly say, how companies use our data is an area of concern and MS have always been at the forefront of that have they not? Unless you want to argue with me about them and their use of data record? And your b) is nonsense if you've ever read one of those contracts, as the "indie devs" don't actually have that power realistically, just like those small streamers don't (in fact, neither do the big ones).

Oh and yeah, you are against NFTs. I know why that is also. But do you honestly not see what is going on there? You surely must have had meetings about it! If not, then I'd move up to a bigger company who are jumping on the bandwagon, no matter the amount of wheels it has.

Anyway, I'm not attacking you and I apologise if it comes across as that way. You know I have plenty of time for you. I'm just venting about something that is inevitable both in terms of execution and how so many will lap it up. But hey, as usual, one day you'll all see what I'm saying. And by that point you'll be watching your kids playing games/consuming online media with endless content and adverts they shouldn't be seeing and realising there's nothing you can do about it. At the moment, remember old man Lambs and his warnings eh? I'll still be shouting at clouds and whittling.

Alock1

The 'my job' bit isn't me claiming I know more. Its me saying that my views don't come from a place of willingness to be bent over and fecked by Microsoft through being a fan boy, nor is it naivity as you'd suggest.

That ads are not the be all and end all of these models - agreed. But they certainly play their part and ensure a different audience (that won't subscribe, won't donate and won't buy) can engage with, and help to offer an experience that pushes those other models (ie. Bombard with ads might turn a user away, but it may turn another user to subscribe). And certainly a massive motivating factor for the huge corps to acquire those media owners alongside the data play which goes hand in hand.

There is an inevitability that comes with all this. I haven't disputed anything you have said, and you haven't actually challenged me on 1. Whether indie devs could profit from a commercial model that allows them to make money from ads as an option that allows them to forego partnering with a streaming subscription; and 2. that it represents a value exchange for gamers where they can access content without subscribing / buying a battle pass or parting with any money at all.

On your main points on the subject, that we should be concerned how they use our data - agreed, something that needs to be watched. Advertising is making progress in this space thanks to 3rd party cookie collapse and consent requirements so important that stuff follows through. That indie devs may not benefit as they should - agreed, but I think the models that win out will be the models that do reward those indie devs. That we will probably have a poor experience (e.g. twitch) - agreed that this will be the case from some. But again, I think the ones that win out are the ones that provide a fair value exchange for peoples time consuming ads/giving up data, and offer people a reasonably priced subscription option to avoid the ad experience all together.

Alock1

Oh and yeah, you are against NFTs. I know why that is also. But do you honestly not see what is going on there? You surely must have had meetings about it! If not, then I'd move up to a bigger company who are jumping on the bandwagon, no matter the amount of wheels it has.
Loll not much bigger I can go so all good on that front. Thanks though.

Unfortunately I am in plenty of NFT meetings and don't agree with a lot of it. There's some cool stuff that can be done with it, but so much potential for abuse and unfortunately the use cases being put forward by those leading in the space at the moment aren't ones that fill me with tons of confidence.

There's also just some bizarre plans that brands have for the sake of doing something in this space that have no merit or value at all but that's always the case with this type of thing.

Redlambs

The 'my job' bit isn't me claiming I know more. Its me saying that my views don't come from a place of willingness to be bent over and fecked by Microsoft through being a fan boy, nor is it naivity as you'd suggest.

That ads are not the be all and end all of these models - agreed. But they certainly play their part and ensure a different audience (that won't subscribe, won't donate and won't buy) can engage with, and help to offer an experience that pushes those other models (ie. Bombard with ads might turn a user away, but it may turn another user to subscribe). And certainly a massive motivating factor for the huge corps to acquire those media owners alongside the data play which goes hand in hand.

There is an inevitability that comes with all this. I haven't disputed anything you have said, and you haven't actually challenged me on 1. Whether indie devs could profit from a commercial model that allows them to make money from ads as an option that allows them to forego partnering with a streaming subscription; and 2. that it represents a value exchange for gamers where they can access content without subscribing / buying a battle pass or parting with any money at all.

On your main points on the subject, that we should be concerned how they use our data - agreed, something that needs to be watched. Advertising is making progress in this space thanks to 3rd party cookie collapse and consent requirements so important that stuff follows through. That indie devs may not benefit as they should - agreed, but I think the models that win out will be the models that do reward those indie devs. That we will probably have a poor experience (e.g. twitch) - agreed that this will be the case from some. But again, I think the ones that win out are the ones that provide a fair value exchange for peoples time consuming ads/giving up data, and offer people a reasonably priced subscription option to avoid the ad experience all together.
Twitch do a "reasonably priced subscription" do they not? One that rivals the likes of Netflix and all that?

How much of that goes to the content creators?

You and I both know that the figures are already fudged for the gamepass and it's not sustainable, hence why they are looking at further streams such as this. Subsidies only last so long.

The fact is this business model will work in the way it's supposed to, but to act like it's going to actually benefit to developers or gamers in any way shape or form is a huge stretch. I mean again, we are already seeing the effects of "subscriptions" in gaming are we not? Or do we ignore the shear amount of developers both small and large being absorbed as they can't compete.

I know we do agree ultimately on this. But I still say you will agree even more when you personally see the effects for yourself down the line.

Loll not much bigger I can go so all good on that front. Thanks though.

Unfortunately I am in plenty of NFT meetings and don't agree with a lot of it. There's some cool stuff that can be done with it, but so much potential for abuse and unfortunately the use cases being put forward by those leading in the space at the moment aren't ones that fill me with tons of confidence.

There's also just some bizarre plans that brands have for the sake of doing something in this space that have no merit or value at all but that's always the case with this type of thing.
Oh yes, the scam is real.

Sadly, like I'm sure you do, I actually think the concept is not actually completely bad, there's some applications where nfts could actually work. Sadly, the whole thing is in the hands of people who are no more than pyramid salesmen.

I can't wait to see the outcome of the Dr.Disrepect idea though. I can already guess at what it's about, but he has enough millionaire streamers involved now that somehow it won't be a damaging mess.

Redlambs

What did Klarna do?
Christ, where to begin on their business practices.

But if you are aware of dodgy lenders who prey on the poor, then they are the new Kings. Including in the early days when access was severely limited by stock, they rejected people with decent credit history to take on those without because they earn more in late payment fees/fines than interest. They deliberately gave priority to those most vulnerable, I spoke about it at the time as I had a battle with them myself over what they did, and won after being made aware and looked into what actually happened. They are like Wonga/Aqua and all that in the UK, only they have on a much larger scale.

That's all before what they do with your data and how they have roots in various countries specifically to get around data protection laws. Which most of them do of course, but Klarna are particularly aggressive with selling your data.

And you'll never know about it. Until you run into issues and/or check your credit report and see what they do.

Redlambs

Oh and that story is the same in all territories that Access is available in, just under different names at times

Every single one has Klarna or their subsidiaries behind it, and they paid MS a pretty penny for that.

Alock1

Twitch do a "reasonably priced subscription" do they not? One that rivals the likes of Netflix and all that?

How much of that goes to the content creators?

You and I both know that the figures are already fudged for the gamepass and it's not sustainable, hence why they are looking at further streams such as this. Subsidies only last so long.

The fact is this business model will work in the way it's supposed to, but to act like it's going to actually benefit to developers or gamers in any way shape or form is a huge stretch. I mean again, we are already seeing the effects of "subscriptions" in gaming are we not? Or do we ignore the shear amount of developers both small and large being absorbed as they can't compete.

I know we do agree ultimately on this. But I still say you will agree even more when you personally see the effects for yourself down the line.
Yes but like I said the ones I think will win out will offer a fair value exchange to consumers and to content creators too. Offering a reasonably priced sub is only one part of the equation.

The rest I think we agree I think it is just which perspective you take. It's the same with YouTube. Does most of the ad revenue sit with Google? Yes. Do content creators get their fair share for their efforts? Almost certainly not. Is it easy to make a living this way? Definitely not. However, has it diversified content to the point anyone, anywhere can deliver news, commentary and entertainment - Yes. They can make a living off it, and we aren't stuck with the same tightly controlled and influenced 5 channel choice as the few decades before it.

For me gaming is just following the foot steps of TV but 7/8 years behind. We have seen tons of consolidation there too with the move to subscription services, but it has also come with more quality content than ever before, more money and higher production values across the board than ever before, and for productions from all over the world gain global scaled audiences that would have never previously been attainable.

Whether or not ads in gaming is a net positive I'm not sure, but I certainly don't think it's all doom and gloom, and do think some good can come with it. But I would say that. Cause I am and will be part of the problem.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Christ, where to begin on their business practices.

But if you are aware of dodgy lenders who prey on the poor, then they are the new Kings. Including in the early days when access was severely limited by stock, they rejected people with decent credit history to take on those without because they earn more in late payment fees/fines than interest. They deliberately gave priority to those most vulnerable, I spoke about it at the time as I had a battle with them myself over what they did, and won after being made aware and looked into what actually happened. They are like Wonga/Aqua and all that in the UK, only they have on a much larger scale.

That's all before what they do with your data and how they have roots in various countries specifically to get around data protection laws. Which most of them do of course, but Klarna are particularly aggressive with selling your data.

And you'll never know about it. Until you run into issues and/or check your credit report and see what they do.
Jeez louise they sound dodgy as feck

Redlambs

Yes but like I said the ones I think will win out will offer a fair value exchange to consumers and to content creators too. Offering a reasonably priced sub is only one part of the equation.

The rest I think we agree I think it is just which perspective you take. It's the same with YouTube. Does most of the ad revenue sit with Google? Yes. Do content creators get their fair share for their efforts? Almost certainly not. Is it easy to make a living this way? Definitely not. However, has it diversified content to the point anyone, anywhere can deliver news, commentary and entertainment - Yes. They can make a living off it, and we aren't stuck with the same tightly controlled and influenced 5 channel choice as the few decades before it.

For me gaming is just following the foot steps of TV but 7/8 years behind. We have seen tons of consolidation there too with the move to subscription services, but it has also come with more quality content than ever before, more money and higher production values across the board than ever before, and for productions from all over the world gain global scaled audiences that would have never previously been attainable.

Whether or not ads in gaming is a net positive I'm not sure, but I certainly don't think it's all doom and gloom, and do think some good can come with it. But I would say that. Cause I am and will be part of the problem.
Right, for a start it's way too early to tell how subscription services have and will impact TV and films. Again, a lot more that is subsidised. As for quality, are you sure about that? Netflix, for example, has some incredibly shady practices there. Some should come to light more over the whole channel 4 situation, and I'm guessing you are in favour of that situation too?

Also, "for me" no, you know gaming is behind TV and films and way more than 7/8 years, it's a baby in comparison. It's only coming close now as it is a multi-billion industry and is targeted quicker than the film/tv/music industry ever was.

You being "part of the problem" isn't because of your job, it's more because you are being disingenuous here about who benefits and to what tune. I'm not going to pull you apart about it, as that would be unfair, but we both know the "doom and gloom" line is trash as I'm not doom mongering, I'm being realistic and honest. You are simply defending the career you chose.

But as I keep saying, one day you will realise my point. That "consolidation" is a front for monopolies. You don't even truly believe diversity, choice and quality comes from a few powerful entities. Just because we are being pushed into a subscription world, that doesn't mean it's the right way as it stands. As again, you know as well as I do about subsidies.

It's the exact same reason the likes of Uber is now being called out more and more. The same reasoning, the same defence of them crushing or absorbing the local cab offices, and now there's no competition look what's happening.

No, gaming isn't 6/7 years behind, that's simply not even remotely true in real terms. And even if it was, the tv subscription model is extremely new still and isn't set in stone as to how it will ultimately work and make money.

Now, I will state that the business model of gaming and how we consume all media must modernise and change, and that will undoubtedly mean some kind of subscription service down the line. The way we take in tv, film, music, games will always evolve, it simply has to. And that's where your work comes in and will flourish no doubt.

My problem is with bending over to this kind of thing right now when it's clear who's going to control it and precedent. MS were simply shocking when it came to ads before, and there's absolutely no evidence this is anything more than them trying the same thing again. I mean, you say yourself "twitch was based on ads" Well then before MS did it, at least Twitch gave revenue to the creators. Are you aware of what MS did and what started the fall of Mixer? If so, what has changed? A few puff pieces on how a few "indies" have benefited from the heavily subsidised gamepass?

Also I'm sure you are aware of the ongoing controversies around the gaming scene and the infancy of dealing with them in the professional landscape. How are we expected to think this will be handled in any real way that takes into account the modern world when even the basic rights and wrongs are yet to be laid out? Again, who is vetting the content, the scope and the application of what ads go where and who they are targeted to?

So no, I don't think what I'm doing is being "doom and gloom". I think I have perfectly sensible and valid concerns and questions. I certainly don't think this is as simple as being made out and conning people into going along with. It's a complex subject, and one people should take seriously.

Much like gambling ads, and the likes of Fifa having loot boxes. This isn't a "oh well, someone will maybe benefit" situation that we should just accept at face value.

Jeez louise they sound dodgy as feck
Dodgy as feck would be good.

Absolute evil scumbags preying on the poor is more like it. You should see their influence the world over too.

Thank feck I found out about it when I did, anyone who's ever had any dealings with them should check their credit file just to be sure and then stay well clear in future.

Alock1

I didn't say you were doom n gloom. I was simply clarifying my own position. Advertising in gaming might not even be a net positive but I certainly see some benefits and more accepting of its inevitably than others might be, but doesn't mean I'm not cautious or aware of some of the issues that might come.

Not defending my career. Its not exactly purposeful. And advertising has plenty of shady practices that I'm against and have to reconcile with myself. As someone who was big into the importance of privacy when younger, the industry and key partners I work with now is very contradictory and hypocritical.

Youre right. MS might be poor proprietors of it. The difference between now and before is that Mixer failed. Being anti consumer increasingly doesnt work. And whilst I'd never claim MS have consumers best intentions at heart or are being altruistic, there is increasing evidence of pro consumer tactics making good business sense in the long term and in recent years that is something that the Xbox division is clearly getting behind. I'd also consider how Microsoft handle their (soon) Xandr business, Bing and Microsoft ads more relevant here. There are advertising practises that will automatically apply to these placements, and things like GDPR and consent guidelines from Information Commissioners will still apply, but yes there will need to be some gaming specific consideration.

When I say gaming is 7 or 8 years behind TV I mean on its pricing and packaging journey. The nature of the hobby and things like latency mean they aren't like for like but largely I expect it to take a similar path. Broad packaging of sub services. More consolidation but equally heightened competition and more and more money pumped into it. I think TV will go on a journey now of reintroducing more and more ads as an option. People will feel the pinch of inflation and not everybody can afford 3, 4, 5 subscriptions and having ad-funded options would help with that. I expect gaming to end up in a similar place.

Am I sure about quality re subscriptions and Netflix? Yes. Subjective of course but the quantity of high quality content with high production values increases every year. Not denying shady practices, but that isn't what I am referring to when I say quality. I am referring to the output.

Which channel 4 situation? If you mean the decision to sell then no I am against it. Channel 4 has been a great safe space for a lot of people and has increasingly lead the way in raising awareness and telling stories that others wouldn't. Similarly I am for the TV license. And look with dread at American TV and the likes of FOX News for what could be down the line for the UK if we aren't careful.

Agreed. Like gambling ads, like loot boxes, there needs to be proper consideration and due diligence to protect consumers here and regulate. That will fall on existing intermediaries and governing bodies who will need to swot up on gaming fast. As with everything enabled by technology, they are always lagging behind unfortunately. I'm certainly not saying MS or anybody else should have free reign to do what they want..

Last edited:

Alock1

Since we're happy to misrepresent eachothers argument then I hope you've let Niall know your feelings towards him holding onto the ad revenue as the platform holder and not distributing to all us content creators that bring the eyeballs in. @esmufc07 wouldn't have had to embarrass himself on The Chase if he'd earnt his dues for all his clickbait threads.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
On a different note, I beat Tunic yesterday and feel very indifferent to it.

Positives:
- Great atmosphere and love the exploration
- Ingenious use of the in-game manual
- Combat against normal enemies is great

Negatives:
- Combat is clunky and boss fights have difficulty spikes (minus the librarian, I liked that one)
- Later puzzles are way too cryptic and not fun (should have been optional)
- That fecking 90 button input you have to do to unlock a door to get the game's actual ending

All in all, I think it should have been more like Fez where it has a 'proper ending' but gives you an option to continue afterwards to get the 'alternate ending'.

Last edited:

Ainu

I'm in this purple looking area in or beyond the Lower Miasma in Tunic now. Those purple spider things that sap your max health and split into smaller ones can do one, annoying little shits. I wish I had some better ranged options, everything runs out so quickly.

DavelinaJolie

I'm in this purple looking area in or beyond the Lower Miasma in Tunic now. Those purple spider things that sap your max health and split into smaller ones can do one, annoying little shits. I wish I had some better ranged options, everything runs out so quickly.
Those things are an utter bitch.

I thought that area was the creepiest, but also the saddest in the game, when you see that production line.

Good luck, that boss is an utter arse!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: there’s only side obsessed with their choice of gaming console.

The only difference is here you’ve gone with the worst case scenario because you like being angry at gaming things, and we’ve gone with what they’ve actually said. Of course it could creep. If it does then they will be rightly criticised.

Redlambs

:lol: there’s only side obsessed with their choice of gaming console.

The only difference is here you’ve gone with the worst case scenario because you like being angry at gaming things, and we’ve gone with what they’ve actually said. Of course it could creep. If it does then they will be rightly criticised.
This about sums you up. Try reading what I've actually said about advertising in gaming so far, and MS' track record rather than jump to the myopic defence of your favourite brand. I don't care about the "other side" comment, for me this is about the way advertising will be used, not about adverts being used at all and that goes across all the space.

As for "worst case scenario" no, I just think things like this should be questioned from the off considering the current applications in gaming spaces. You just accept anything and don't care about the effects, others do. That's all it really boils down to.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This about sums you up. Try reading what I've actually said about advertising in gaming so far, and MS' track record rather than jump to the myopic defence of your favourite brand. I don't care about the "other side" comment, for me this is about the way advertising will be used, not about adverts being used at all and that goes across all the space.

As for "worst case scenario" no, I just think things like this should be questioned from the off considering the current applications in gaming spaces. You just accept anything and don't care about the effects, others do. That's all it really boils down to.
You ok hun?

Series S|X best sales in US in March 2022 in dollars, Switch best sales in US in March 2022 in terms of units

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Best sales for q1, beating the closest competitor, Nintendo Switch.