Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wait, are you telling me there’s more party/dodge nonsense after Korsica? I thought I was about two thirds done already and would be smooth until the end!
Yea, I mean you'll get a lot of bigger enemies who will have parry attacks sequences (not necessarily dodge though). Will come in further boss fights as well.

BristolRuss

I don't care and always knew it'd be around then. It's more MS being terrible at managing expectations.

They needlessly said it would release Nov 22 in the summer of 21. Then in the summer of 22 said it'd be latest summer of 23. Both times it was foolish and called out as silly to build that expectation they couldn't guarantee.

Agree that it's not a huge deal and for a game like this I'm happy for it to take as long as needed for a quality product. But MS need to improve their comms.
Well, September is Summer 23 - so assuming it isn't delayed they are still correct.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Well, September is Summer 23 - so assuming it isn't delayed they are still correct.
Sorry. What they actually said last June was 'next 12 months' so I was misquoting when I said summer.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It is fine for parry alone, but when dodging enters the frame it's hell. I have completed that boss fight after almost 5 hours.
FFS. What a bullshit fight. Awful. The worst thing is I got to the last part and it bugged out! Chao ended up out of the screen so all her attacks were missing and I couldn't end the fight. Unbelievable.

Edit; thank feck it resolved itself.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
FFS. What a bullshit fight. Awful. The worst thing is I got to the last part and it bugged out! Chao ended up out of the screen so all her attacks were missing and I couldn't end the fight. Unbelievable.

Edit; thank feck it resolved itself.
I ended up not really enjoying Hi Fi Rush. Put it on easy for 2nd half of the game and flew through it. Didnt get the achievment for finishing the game as I played half on normal and half on easy

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I ended up not really enjoying Hi Fi Rush. Put it on easy for 2nd half of the game and flew through it. Didnt get the achievment for finishing the game as I played half on normal and half on easy
Second half of the game is much less enjoyable, or rather the final third. I know devs are reluctant these days to make games that are 7-8 hours long as they tend to be perceived as somewhat lacking in content but it's completely fine and would have been even more acceptable in this case as it's an unexpected drop that was immediately available for free to all GP subscribers. I feel like games are often forced to last 12-15 hours without any real need. New Assassins Creed games are a perfect example, they were good as 10-12 hour games but feel very overextended at 30+ hours.

Fully Fledged

Second half of the game is much less enjoyable, or rather the final third. I know devs are reluctant these days to make games that are 7-8 hours long as they tend to be perceived as somewhat lacking in content but it's completely fine and would have been even more acceptable in this case as it's an unexpected drop that was immediately available for free to all GP subscribers. I feel like games are often forced to last 12-15 hours without any real need. New Assassins Creed games are a perfect example, they were good as 10-12 hour games but feel very overextended at 30+ hours.
But I love the longer AC games and can quite easily sink hundreds of hours into them. This seems true of quite a lot of people as AC games make much more money in their current state than they ever did as linier games.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sony admitting Game Pass is far ahead of PS Plus while also coming out with some waffle about degrading the experience on PS despite them having been trying to do it to others for years. Guess they have to fight it for their shareholders but they’ve made themselves look very silly so far.

Meanwhile, MS is making more deals to bring games to other platforms, including, comically, a deal with a company Sony has invested in.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I just fecking love how seamless Gamepass is across PC and Xbox. As someone who can't always get on the couch with the Series X when I want, being able to go in on the PC and load up games from the exact same save point is awesome. Love it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Does game pass work on mac if I install windows onto it? Doubt I’d be able to play many (if any) of the latest games but there’s a few good oldies I’d like to play.

Sarni

Actually managed to finish HiFi Rush without much issues after Korsica. Now playing Atomic Heart which has been much better than I expected, I’m probably like halfway through already and it’s a good blend of story (which isn’t half bad), action and puzzles. One of these games I would have never bought at full price but I’m very glad to have found through GP.

Far Cry 5 has got 4K / 60 FPS upgrade on XSX and I had been intending to play it for a while as I love Montana setting. Probably my next game too play after AH.

Ghostwire Tokyo confirmed to release on GP on 12 April with plenty of additional content. Nice.

BristolRuss

Far Cry 5 has got 4K / 60 FPS upgrade on XSX
Oh nice, I didn't know about that. I looked last month and saw that it had FPS boost but only 1080p resolution or something like that. Nice to see it get a next-gen patch - will definitely add that to my list to play.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

The following games are leaving at the end of the month - you can save up to 20% on all of these before they go:
  • A Memoir Blue (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Chinatown Detective Agency (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • ClusterTruck (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Double Dragon Neon (Cloud and Console)
  • Kraken Academy!! (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • MLB The Show 22 (Cloud and Console)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Cloud, Console, and PC)

20solskjaer

Going to be all over MLB The Show 23, havent played a baseball game since The Bigs 2 in something like 2009-10, anyone else play and would fancy a game?

BristolRuss

• F1 22
• Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
• Guilty Gear Strive
• Dead Space 2 (cloud)
• Dead Space 3 (cloud)
• Valheim (console/cloud)
• Sid Meier's Civilization VI
• Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - Princes Edition
• MLB The Show 23
• Infinite Guitars

Not a bad month for GP. Plus with the addition of the Far Cry 5 60 FPS patch it looks like we are getting by far the best console version of Far Cry 5 as well.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-gb/article/6b7bacKsgYhFEhoamVRmx2

Sarni

• F1 22
• Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
• Guilty Gear Strive
• Dead Space 2 (cloud)
• Dead Space 3 (cloud)
• Valheim (console/cloud)
• Sid Meier's Civilization VI
• Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - Princes Edition
• MLB The Show 23
• Infinite Guitars

Not a bad month for GP. Plus with the addition of the Far Cry 5 60 FPS patch it looks like we are getting by far the best console version of Far Cry 5 as well.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-gb/article/6b7bacKsgYhFEhoamVRmx2

Yeah they seem to be going for quality rather than quantity which is a very welcome move.

Damien

Staff

“We have stopped our previous introductory offer for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC Game Pass and are evaluating different marketing promotions for new members in the future,” says Kari Perez, head of global communications at Xbox, in a statement to The Verge.

Damien

Staff
Edit: oh, it's just the introductory trial, not the Gold conversion. Never mind then!
Yeah, nothing to worry about there. I imagine they'll announce the Family & Friends version rolling out at the "E3" Showcase but I don't expect the Gold conversion loophole to be closed for a while yet as they're still trying to reach 30m GP users and doesn't make sense to raise prices overall atm.

evil_geko

There is PC Game Pass promotion for inclusion of 40 new countries, it is $1 for 3 months, then $7 for every month after, so because of this great promo price, I finally get to try this service. I still will be buying games on Steam that I really want to "own", but what do you really own digitally anyway eh? I always have big single player games backlog list so I will probably use this mostly for multiplayer games and CO-OP gaming with lads.

Do we get notification what games are getting removed when they are and how long before if we do?

Damien

Staff
Do we get notification what games are getting removed when they are and how long before if we do?
If it is like regular Game Pass I assume you find out the same month they are going off, maybe slightly earlier.

Generally, first party games don't get moved unless there's licensing issues like with some Forza games. If there are any big third party games you want to play, I think it's best to search for when it was added to Game Pass. If it is coming up to 12 months then there's a chance it'll be removed in near future.

evil_geko

If it is like regular Game Pass I assume you find out the same month they are going off, maybe slightly earlier.

Generally, first party games don't get moved unless there's licensing issues like with some Forza games. If there are any big third party games you want to play, I think it's best to search for when it was added to Game Pass. If it is coming up to 12 months then there's a chance it'll be removed in near future.
Ok cheers, and yeah it's regular Game Pass.

CloneMC16

It has been delayed twice. They weren't going to delay it again unless there's something catastrophic.
You delay it until it's ready. It isn't ready for the XSX. The fact they've told us that a 60fps mode is coming later is telling everybody that the game isn't finished.