Yann Sommer | January transfer to Bayern on the cards

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

United are thinking about Yann Sommer and would like him as their number 2. It's also stated that he could become our number 1 in the medium term.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I’d take him as our #1 for the remainder of the season, thanks.

Lynty

Marketing oppurtunity for Manchester United branded headbands.

JB7

He wouldn't be number 2 for long. Lets go.

Godfather

Decent keeper. Has some howlers in him too but I'd actually take him over DDG at this point.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Would be a very solid number 2, but only for about 2/3 years... he's 34 in December.

Idxomer

He attempts 40 passes per game and isn't scared of sweeping, he could be a good stop-gap despite his height.

flappyjay

How good is he at commanding his area. 1.83 is kinda short as I see no point if we don't get someone who excels in De Gea weaknesses.

avgp_1

He is absolutely brilliant with the ball at his feet, top shot stopper. He should become first choice

Smores

Thoroughly average keeper that has the disadvantage of being short. Fine as a number 2 though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thoroughly average keeper that has the disadvantage of being short. Fine as a number 2 though.
We don't really talk about the height of players enough on this forum at the moment so that should bring a nice new topic of debate...

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Van Der Sar was also world class when he signed... and a bit of a freak.
Not sure how being world class has any impact on longevity. I don't think you'd have found many people claiming a £2 million signing from Fulham was world class at the time either. He probably fully restored that reputation at United.

Santos J

Not sure how being world class has any impact on longevity. I don't think you'd have found many people claiming a £2 million signing from Fulham was world class at the time either. He probably fully restored that reputation at United.
You definitely would have, it was seen as mental that he went to Fulham at the time.

saik

Why are we not looking at someone like Livakovic? Doesn't he start for Croatia? He should be a good backup no?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Correct.

Fulham were pretty happy to get rid, Mark Crossley was taking starts away from Edwin in the 04/05 season and Fulham moved for Antti Niemi as their new number 1 in the summer of 2005.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
You definitely would have, it was seen as mental that he went to Fulham at the time.
Mental when you considered his reputation
before Juventus but he was having to rebuild after that. There's a reason he ended up playing for Fulham.