Yannick Carrasco - His Mrs says "Yes, they’re very interested"

onemanarmy

The group (Wanda) that own Atletico also own Dailan Yifang, I Imagine Atletico owners had a big say in it.
Yeah, it looks like a money laundering scheme. I posted before in this topic about the shady transactions.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, it looks like a money laundering scheme. I posted before in this topic about the shady transactions.
Sorry, I missed that post, just read it now. Really shady. As a player, I'd have him. I'm not so sure about all the dodgy dealings with him, that I'd be comfortable in him signing, mind you.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Does being in it for the money mean you aren't a good professional?

Nick7

The group (Wanda) that own Atletico also own Dailan Yifang, I Imagine Atletico owners had a big say in it.
Wanda don't own Atletico and I'm pretty sure they sold off their minority stake last year.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wanda don't own Atletico and I'm pretty sure they sold off their minority stake last year.
You should put this article through Google Translate if you want to know the whole story about his transfers from Monaco and Atlético. Very bizarre and shady story.

red thru&thru

Very good topic. When he was at Athletico, I really wanted him. Then he went to China and felt he doesn't have the mentality to cut it at somewhere like United. But like others have said, Witsel did something when going to Russia. Has come to Dortmund and a fundamental player for them. Also, looks like his transfers m run deeper than just footballing decisions.

Taking everything into account, would I bring him to United? Definetly. Would sort out our RW problem immidetaly. Hopefully allowing someone like Chong to be groomed for the long term position. Then we can sell Crassco off for a big fee! ;)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t think people can have it both ways and say ‘I can’t take a player seriously who went to China in their mid-twenties’. Surely, that same player leaving China in their mid-twenties would provide balancing testament to his motivation? If it were just money, then he’d stay in China. If he wants to come back to the big leagues a year later, it’s obviously not for money.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, in @onemanarmy 's post, you can see that, but also see the 3 transactions were extremely close together. I assumed as the stadium still being Wanda metropolitano, they still did.

Kostov

I think Carrasco is a very solid player, or at least was. One year in China doesn't have to mean anything, supposedly our scouts did their thing and actually watched him in some capacity.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don’t think people can have it both ways and say ‘I can’t take a player seriously who went to China in their mid-twenties’. Surely, that same player leaving China in their mid-twenties would provide balancing testament to his motivation? If it were just money, then he’d stay in China. If he wants to come back to the big leagues a year later, it’s obviously not for money.
Didn't Witsel and it hasn't done him any harm?

izec

When he is on it, he can be very good, but he is so inconsistent and frustrating. I am not sure he is the type of winger we should be looking at.

IrishMcD

The biggest question mark over Ole is his success, or lack there of, in the transfer market. Cardiff and Molde supports will tell you he has been much, much more miss than hit when it comes to signings. The last thing we need at this club is another manager who wastes money on players who are no better than the squad players we already have.
I'm hoping this is all nonsense rumours and that Ole would not ask the board, or give his recommendation to the board, to bring this guy in. Nowhere near the standard we need to get back to the level we all want to be at.

Reactions: Penna

ArjenIsM3

The biggest question mark over Ole is his success, or lack there of, in the transfer market. Cardiff and Molde supports will tell you he has been much, much more miss than hit when it comes to signings. The last thing we need at this club is another manager who wastes money on players who are no better than the squad players we already have.
I'm hoping this is all nonsense rumours and that Ole would not ask the board, or give his recommendation to the board, to bring this guy in. Nowhere near the standard we need to get back to the level we all want to be at.
Add this to the 792103 other reasons we should bring in a DoF.

Beaucoup

If he can play on the right and we can get him for a reasonable fee, we should be all over it. Great to watch on his day, frustrating on others, just like any other winger.

SteveW

I'd happily take a right wing version of him. But there's no point in signing another left winger

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He doesn’t play on the right, and he fixes nothing. No chance we’ll sign him.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Isn't he mainly a left-winger? He never really had a breakthrough season afaik, but is still only 25 tbf. If we get him Martial could potentially be moved to the center, while Carrasco keeps more width and Rashford works as an inside forward from the right like against Spurs. Not sure about this one though.

Carrasco Martial Rashford
Pogba Ander
Matic
Shaw Jones Victor Young
DDG​

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Isn't he a left winger? I don't think I've ever seen him on the RW. Unless we know Martial won't sign a new contract extension it seems a random target.
He played RW i think at Monaco with Martial on left forward role

ChaddyP

Another left winger*
just what we need another Left Winger*

You think we don’t need another attacker? You’re in a minority then.
I was also in the minority when I thought Rashford was a gem of a player even when people were in here thinking he was "average". We are extremely top heavy. I think we need some better defenders first before we spend money on more attackers. But hey im in the minority

onemanarmy

He plays LW, we don't need him. Good player though. He should do a Witsel and go to some German mid table club (not that Dortmund is such a club) to revive his career.