Yerry Mina - Everton Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol 30 million euros and a buy back option for a player they paid 9 mill a few months ago.. Barca couldn't have dreamt of a better deal.
OK maybe 30 mill is acceptable, but that plus a buy back clause?
The PL clubs are so dumb, it's unbelievable
Everton - don’t think anyone else at all was in for him. Barcelona have got an amazing deal out of this.

Classical Mechanic

Lol 30 million euros and a buy back option for a player they paid 9 mill a few months ago.. Barca couldn't have dreamt of a better deal.
OK maybe 30 mill is acceptable, but that plus a buy back clause?
The PL clubs are so dumb, it's unbelievable
Buy back clauses are common across Europe, we have one on Depay and one on Januzaj. Barca have had them on loads of players: Bojan, Delefeau etc.

Colombian Mancunian

If we were after him, he wasn’t going g to be first choice, but a long term project such as Bailly and Lindelof. (Although Bailly should be started IMO). Here he would face the same situation as in Barcelona, but could grow with a manager as Mou.

It makes sense he choose Everton, if he wants to be first choice. Let’s see how he develops, maybe he can reach the level of Davinson Sanchez.

Now what? Toby on winter?

GlasgowRedz

From the snippets that have came out, we were interested in him but never got an offer accepted by Barca. Saw one report that suggested we offered Barca more than Everton but still couldn't get a deal done with them.

I thought it must have been BS but I'm now thinking that if barca were looking for a buy back clause then we probably weren't willing to offer one, hence why we offered more but they still wouldn't accept

Classical Mechanic

From the snippets that have came out, we were interested in him but never got an offer accepted by Barca. Saw one report that suggested we offered Barca more than Everton but still couldn't get a deal done with them.

I thought it must have been BS but I'm now thinking that if barca were looking for a buy back clause then we probably weren't willing to offer one, hence why we offered more but they still wouldn't accept
I doubt it. We have seen numerous players linked to us this summer only to go to some other smaller club. It seems to me that we are just used by clubs and agents to bump up interest, wage offers and fees.

Colombian Mancunian

Makes sense. Looking what Pique has become, the club is looking to avoid a similar situation.

Sanche7

Buy back clauses are common across Europe, we have one on Depay and one on Januzaj. Barca have had them on loads of players: Bojan, Delefeau etc.
Yeah but usually when a buy back clause is inserted it Decreases the transfer fee
For example, if we were to sell Martial to Juve, a sale with no clauses would get us a higher fee as compared to one with clauses like sell on or buy back

My point with Mina and Everton is that Everton have overpayed massively for him. He has zero experience at the highest level and looked like a headless chicken whenever he played for Barca. He played what 4 games for Barca, then had a good WC and suddenly he's worth 330% more? For the 30 million they paid, they should have got him with out any clauses, a full purchase but 30 mill plus a buy back clause is almost like paying 10 million extra
Also think about what a good deal this is for Barca,even if you forget the money involved, in case he comes good they can just buy him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.