Yerry Mina - Everton Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchansleftleg

There are literally zero valid links to us, so I don't even know why it's being discussed

Plus, a tier 1 Barca source said no offer
please let this be true - if we don't sign a right winger / wing back but sign this guy then we truly have lost the plot. I'm not convinced on slabhead either. defensive security was not what needed improving. We need a threat in some way shape or form on the right and overall we need some threat out wide.

I think a 433 could work given the personnel we have or a 3-5-3 but given how most teams line up deep against us, both systems would need attacking wingbacks with genuine pace, stamina and delivery. Young is the only one who has done this, but we can't expect him to do it on his own.

if we don't bring in the right people then I think Mourinho will go by January. I know some will be delighted by this but I think it will mark a new low for the club.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I won’t be able to take a player called Yerry seriously. It hurts my brain, every time I read it I want to call him Gerry instead.
Yeah, my mind just keeps going back to the Seinfeld episode where they try their hand at cockfighting.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
would be good to have actually someone who can head the ball home from set pieces... imagine pereira on frekicks and corners and this big lump..

not sure about his overal quality only seen the world cup and he looked awesome in the air

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Nope, it's because he's shocking defender who's main priority is to crop people who are too quick for him, so that's basically everyone. We all saw him at the World Cup, he was poor and could have been sent off a number of times. It's safe to presume that if he's not good enough for Barcelona, he isn't good enough for us, and lets not forget they've got an ageing defence which is their weakest part of the team.
Just to understand you correctly- are you implying that Mina as a 23 year old wont amount to nothing as a footballer?

Hughie77

If we can get this guy for 25-35 million..get him.. better value I think than Maguire?..Bially and Mina. Cb partnership..

Acole9

Outstanding
I would like a centre back with more experience but if we can't one then I wouldn't be against signing this guy. He had a good World Cup.

sam147

If we can get this guy for 25-35 million..get him.. better value I think than Maguire?..Bially and Mina. Cb partnership..
That would be the most error prone partnership we have seen. Bailly as good in the tackle as he is gets caught out of position quite a few times. Mina is an inexperienced CB. We need someone to command the defence. De Gea wont do it. Valencia doesnt know English. Shaw is inexperienced. Young is Young. Bailly isn't a leader yet. Smalling is the worst footballer at the club. Alderweireld or Bonnuci have to be our targets. Maguire is a slabhead who had half a decent season for Leicester and a good world cup. Doesnt make him the leader we need.

Gopher Brown

There’s a big difference between cost and value.

While I am in no way sold on Maguire, I think spending £65m on him would be much better value than spending £30m on Mina. I think if we sign Mina we will be in the exact same position next summer, saying that none of our centre backs are reliable enough, and that we should sign Alderweireld/Maguire/whoever had a half decent season.

binary bot
It'd be done by now if he was favoured imo. Barca looking to sell and us desperate to buy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It'd be done by now if he was favoured imo. Barca looking to sell and us desperate to buy.
I think press stories are leaked to keep players hanging on - juggling multiple targets for the same position whilst they try and sign whoever the main target is

Pav1878

That would be the most error prone partnership we have seen. Bailly as good in the tackle as he is gets caught out of position quite a few times. Mina is an inexperienced CB. We need someone to command the defence. De Gea wont do it. Valencia doesnt know English. Shaw is inexperienced. Young is Young. Bailly isn't a leader yet. Smalling is the worst footballer at the club. Alderweireld or Bonnuci have to be our targets. Maguire is a slabhead who had half a decent season for Leicester and a good world cup. Doesnt make him the leader we need.
Haha absolutely nailed the situation.

It's got to be someone with experience.

Bwuk

I don't see us being in for Mina. I think it's probably his agent trying to drum up interest.

crossy1686

career ending
Saw an article today on Reddit that was a direct quote from Mina saying how he was paying for Messi and Suarez to go shopping.

After arriving at the club he decided to bet them both that he was better at free kicks than them. He obviously lost badly, to the tune of €50's a day.

If this doesn't compound why we should steer clear then we deserve everything we get next season.

ZlatMan

I think we should stay well clear away from Mina. I know he scored a couple of goals for Colombia at the World Cup but is it worth paying €50m? I mean, he just joined Barcelona from Brazilian league and already they want to get rid of him. If a huge club like Barcelona want to sell him after just six months, it makes him look really suspect :nervous:.

I think we will end up getting Harry Maguire which is far better and low risk signing for us.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I wasn't a fan of Maguire signing but I would rather we'd go for him — we don't need another young and unproven prospect. Toby is the wet dream, of course.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
From Alderweireld to Maguire to fecking Mina.
Would conclude what has been a horrid window.

Enigma_87

You know who
Saw an article today on Reddit that was a direct quote from Mina saying how he was paying for Messi and Suarez to go shopping.

After arriving at the club he decided to bet them both that he was better at free kicks than them. He obviously lost badly, to the tune of €50's a day.

If this doesn't compound why we should steer clear then we deserve everything we get next season.
Not too bright young fellow is it?

Mainoldo

How about we just don’t sign a defender. I don’t see the point in getting Mina. Give Lindelöf game time if that’s the case. Stupid go ahead by Mourinho.

DownRiver

Why are people hating on him?

He is at Barcelona for a reason which means he can actually pass a ball unlike our other centre backs. He also a very good world cup.

If he does come, I would give him every chance to succeed. He can't be worse than Jones and Smalling and he is only 23 years old.

Be positive.

SER19

Selling rojo to replace him with Mina would be one of the most bizarre bits of business I’ve ever seen. There’s simply no way we can say for sure he’s better than rojo, who is limited but settled at united. Selling rojo and buying and obvious upgrade, absolutely. Selling and punting on another South American defender seems like doing it for the sake of it

SER19

Why are people hating on him?

He is at Barcelona for a reason which means he can actually pass a ball unlike our other centre backs. He also a very good world cup.

If he does come, I would give him every chance to succeed. He can't be worse than Jones and Smalling and he is only 23 years old.

Be positive.
I personally don’t want him, for reasons explained above. Surprised to see some people post such definitive opinions on him having seen him play a maximum of 9 times if they managed to see each of his Barca games and world cup games. That, or hadn’t heard of him before the World Cup. But now are so informed they can say he’s dreadful

kirk buttercup

Smokescreen for Maguire who is a smokescreen For Toby who is probably a smokescreen For someone else. Don't believe this Rumour at all

reddaz71

Linked also with Everton and Bournemouth which tells us exactly where we are punching our weight this window,dreadful!

Revan

Assumptionman
Getting the ball outside of our box will be a real problem with those two as CBs. We need a ball playing CB considering that all our CBs bar Lindeloff aren't comfortable at passing the ball.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Linked also with Everton and Bournemouth which tells us exactly where we are punching our weight this window,dreadful!
If you believe everything you read

SammyUnited_83

So what? It's that kind of snobbery, that keeps costing us millions and millions.

I think it's farcical if we spend 65mil on Maguire, a player that could have been bought last year for a third of the price.

Say Mina has a good season with Everton, his price will double.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

Not too bright young fellow is it?
Or you know, they were just having a bit of fun?

:lol: bloody hell..

deleon

please let this be true - if we don't sign a right winger / wing back but sign this guy then we truly have lost the plot. I'm not convinced on slabhead either. defensive security was not what needed improving. We need a threat in some way shape or form on the right and overall we need some threat out wide.

I think a 433 could work given the personnel we have or a 3-5-3 but given how most teams line up deep against us, both systems would need attacking wingbacks with genuine pace, stamina and delivery. Young is the only one who has done this, but we can't expect him to do it on his own.

if we don't bring in the right people then I think Mourinho will go by January. I know some will be delighted by this but I think it will mark a new low for the club.
Mourinho, who had always be wary of playing three at the back, finally came to his senses when he was allowed to field a twelfth man.

Infra-red

He's decent on the ball and great in the air. We don't currently have a CB who ticks those boxes. He obviously wouldn't be my first choice, but he could be a good partner for Lindelof/Bailly. Or maybe he won't be, and we'll just go with Smalling. Either way, losing Rojo is not great loss.

Giggsyking

he is very slow, I think that is why he didn't make at Barcelona, in one on one cases with a versatile player against he will suffer. If we are pressing teams and have spaces at the back he will be a liability. His passing is meh, but he is strong in high balls, if we are going to park the bus all the season a think he can make it here.

Mainoldo

His just not levels. But if people are happy with that just because he plays for Barca fair enough. But so did Jordi Cryuff.

Holters

he is very slow, I think that is why he didn't make at Barcelona, in one on one cases with a versatile player against he will suffer. If we are pressing teams and have spaces at the back he will be a liability.
Pique is slow and has done allright...

Zoo

Castles is also saying that Jose prefers Mina over Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.