Yerry Mina - Everton Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're being linked to him - I've never heard of him before, is he any good?

Would he be a better purchase than Alderweireld or Maguire?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Scored against England by beating Slabhead in the air, flopped for Barca though.

Moiraine

Apparently, he has started following United on Instagram

Edit. Pogba and Valencia as well.

He looks like that Narcos Character "Blackie"

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Had a good WC, was poor for Barca. That's about it, so I doubt anyone has a clue.

Moiraine

Had a good WC, was poor for Barca. That's about it, so I doubt anyone has a clue.
I think he is a good Defender and potential to be World Class. Gives 110% and I would be happy if we sign him.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
We're being linked to him - I've never heard of him before, is he any good?

Would he be a better purchase than Alderweireld or Maguire?
what? Don't you saw the world cup? For me is a good player surely an upgrade for us, not better that Alderweireld. Has not been "poor" for Barca, when ahead of him there are players as Piquè or Umtiti.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hardly fits the profile of the CB we're apparently after (and definitely need)

Dont see what he'd offer that Bailly, Lindelof & Tuanzebe dont already

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think he is a good Defender and potential to be World Class. Gives 110% and I would be happy if we sign him.
If he had a good WC but is not a very good player, I doubt anyone would know. Fair play to him though for putting himself in the shopping window. I would never buy a player based on a good WC

These replies are making me feel uneasy..

what? Don't you saw the world cup? For me is a good player surely an upgrade for us, not better that Alderweireld. Has not been "poor" for Barca, when ahead of him there are players as Piquè or Umtiti.
Nope - his name doesn't ring any bells.
What country is he from?

Nori-

Doesn't look great from what've seen of him.

Seems like a typical Jose signing though, 6ft 4 and very physical. At this rate we will have the Sasquatch XI starting the 19/20 season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How many people here have actually watched him for Barca? He only played 5 times in the league, in one of those games he only came on in the 83rd minute. He joined in January so he didn't have a pre-season with the team and had barely any time to settle in, I'm not surprised that he didn't look good. When he was initially linked with Barca in December/January he was highly regarded. The comment below is a Palmerias fan at the time of his signing.

I love and will miss him so much. His 2017 wasn't the best, he got injuried quite a bit and played a lot for Colombia, which means he didn't played so much for Palmeiras (Brasileirão almost never stops at FIFA's internationals).

But in 2016 he was immense. It's quite funny because he's so tall and look uncomfortable on the ball, but his passing is actually amazing. He'll also scores a lot of heading goals for Barça, that's for sure.

His personality is a plus, everyone loved him and you can see on his celebrations what kind of guy he is.

Thanks for everything, Mina <3

Zoo

He was rated highly at Palmeiras I believe and he wouldn’t be the first player to struggle to adapt to Barcelona. Tim Vickery thinks he could be a bargain.

Ekeke

He's huge, great in the air and has some ability on the ball.

No idea if hes all that good a defender but he looked fairly solid against England.

He played literally 4 games for Barcelona in understrength teams. He started 2 matches next to Vermaelen and 1 with Pique. The other a sub. Is that enough to say he isnt good?

35 million for someone unproven does seem a lot actually. But we're being linked with players not much more proven for double that. So I'm not sure

Devil may care

Hardly fits the profile of the CB we're apparently after (and definitely need)

Dont see what he'd offer that Bailly, Lindelof & Tuanzebe dont already
The main draw for Mourinho is that he's good in the air, no one fears aerial threat more than him, which is why I don't udnerstaqnd buying Bailly and Lindelof as he must have known beforehand that neither were great in the air.

Dolf

Looked good at the WC. I would say he's close to Smalling but with much more potential. However, he is slow and not a good passer so not sure why we would buy him. He is tall though (194 cm)

Ekeke

Looked good at the WC. I would say he's close to Smalling but with much more potential. However, he is slow and not a good passer so not sure why we would buy him. He is tall though (194 cm)
You say hes not a good passer but he plays more passes than any of our CBs.

And I'm talking about at Palmeiras as well, not just Barcelona where passes are expected. Even for Columbia he made more passes than any of our CBs last season other than Lindelof who played the slightest amount more.

onemanarmy

How many people here have actually watched him for Barca? He only played 5 times in the league, in one of those games he only came on in the 83rd minute. He joined in January so he didn't have a pre-season with the team and had barely any time to settle in, I'm not surprised that he didn't look good. When he was initially linked with Barca in December/January he was highly regarded. The comment below is a Palmerias fan at the time of his signing.
That's the going rate nowadays. One poster doesn't rate him for God knows what reason, and about an hour later half the caf shares his opinion, despite seeing a single game.

louvega

His biggest problem is acceleration and turn, that's why there's so much doubt with him at barcelona even though he's hardly had minutes

I think he could be great in defensive teams that don't play with so much space behind their backs

Dolf

You say hes not a good passer but he plays more passes than any of our CBs.

And I'm talking about at Palmeiras as well, not just Barcelona where passes are expected. Even for Columbia he made more passes than any of our CBs last season other than Lindelof who played the slightest amount more.
More isn't always better. I'm not saying he's bad at passing but it's not like he's an Alderweireld or David Luiz.

Infra-red

Our days of conceding loads of goals from set pieces would presumably be over (and our days of scoring loads would probably begin). I have no idea about his other capabilities though.

Roboc7

Would be good business by Barca, potentially getting back three times or more than what they paid in just six months after deciding he isn’t good enough for them.

Seems like a Mourinho type player, whether he is actually any better that what we have or not is very debatable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.