Yet another Tactical Masterclass from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Whoop whoop!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
And that right there is the difference between Ole and Mourinho and why Ole is a far better manager. If we still had Mourinho we would have sat deeper and deeper and made negative substitutes. Ole saw Leipzig make positive changes and raised them by going very attacking and that's paid dividends. Just a fantastic manager and he's building a brilliant side. How can Utd fans not be excited by this project?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole is one of the best counter attackers in the world. I don’t think he’s got a long term future at Utd, but I have to give him that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Spot on! Love it. People need to stop the endless remarks about Ole being tactically inept or unable to coach, its absolute boll@x.

We should all be happy with this and just get behind the team and manager, these results in Europe so far could be a massive springboard in the league.

C’mon Ole!!
They can say what they want. But it's now blatantly clear they make utter fools of themselves when they do.
They have always been frauds, as football experts and as fans.

Ole's tactical mastery is staggering. What a man!!!!! :devil:

OleBoiii

I'm bringing boomer memes back for this one!

1. Make @sammsky1 a mod
2. Immediately give him the power to ban 20 users of his choosing
3. ?????
4. Profit

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Bad night for you hey? You'll have nightmares tonight.
Such a silly thing to say. I'm a Manchester United fan. I want the best for Manchester United. Of course I'm delighted with the result. The only reason I have ever said Ole out is because I want the best for the club long term. I don't think Ole is the man to take us back to chasing PL & CL titles. I still want us to win every game.

If we win a major title (PL or CL) under Ole I will be extremely happy to have been wrong.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm bringing boomer memes back for this one!

1. Make @sammsky1 a mod
2. Immediately give him the power to ban 20 users of his choosing
3. ?????
4. Profit
20 less OleOUTers would certainly make this place a lot more positive and enjoyable!
:lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Such a silly thing to say. I'm a Manchester United fan. I want the best for Manchester United. Of course I'm delighted with the result. The only reason I have ever said Ole out is because I want the best for the club long term. I don't think Ole is the man to take us back to chasing PL & CL titles. I still want us to win every game.
If we win a major title under Ole I will be extremely happy to have been wrong.
You need ole to lose for you to be happy. You are deeply conflicted when we win (which is very often).

WHEN ole wins big trophies (and he will), you wont enjoy it all. Because it's not what you want.

Its not silly, I just said it, and I'll keep saying it.

ForeverRed1

Like many I didn’t know what to make of our transfer window but seeing the players we have and the different formations we can use, we actually look very very good. It’s amazing having a strong team playing to then be able to bring on Fernandes, rashford, Cavani ..its just insane :devil: the best squad we have had in a long time! Exciting times to be a united fan!

Client6

@sammsky1, logged in just to say good on you bruv, love these threads! :D Some unbridled positivity to balance out the incessant and unreasonable negativity.

What is terrible here is the utter disrespect OGS gets by some folks, who seem to forget a football club is, ultimately, its peoples, past and present.

PE Teacher 5-0 Flavour of the Month. Get in!

united for life

Supporters of this club have been baited for months by OleOUTers that hipster coaches like Nagelsmann put our manager to shame.
Viciously ranting that Ole doesn't know tactics, how to coach patterns of play, organise a press or make timely substitutions.
And WTF does he do in coaching session?

Solskjaer's Manchester United 5 - Naglessman's Leipzig 0
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These threads are just getting too easy.
A top draw bonafide performance vs the most in form team in Europe and last seasons CL semi finalists.
Leipzig barely getting a serious shot on target. United totally dominant.

Ole is proving to be one of the highest tactical brains in world football. Give him the right quality of players and a little time, and he's be spanking them all.
mastermind! That’s the word. Played 3 at the back versus PSG, now changed to a diamond midfield. He’s taking it game by game and proving that he has the tactical ability to set up the team. Not so many PE teachers do that!!!

rotation is key for the team, good to see some depth in the squad this year. Players like Mctominay, Fred and Tuanzebe stepping up makes things even better.

glad to see Ole react on the sideline. This is the thing he needs to improve on I guess the most. Express yourself more Ole!

the media should back off. he’s doing great!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

You need ole to lose for you to be happy. You are deeply conflicted when we win (which is very often).

WHEN ole wins big trophies (and he will), you wont enjoy it all. Because it's not what you want.

Its not silly, I just said it, and I'll keep saying it.
Moronic take.

My support is for the club. Managers and players come and go. Ole was spot on with his tactics against PSG and tonight, and is rightfully being praised for it. He was too cautious on sunday, and was rightfully criticized.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Moronic take.
My support is for the club. Managers and players come and go. Ole was spot on with his tactics against PSG and tonight, and is rightfully being praised for it. He was too cautious on sunday, and was rightfully criticized.
Your delusion is strong, probably incurable. Sad really.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
We have a much better squad of players and nagglesman seems to be one of those coaches who plays 1 way and 1 way only. They didnt adjust or even come to counter our playstyle at all and paid for it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@sammsky1, logged in just to say good on you bruv, love these threads! :D Some unbridled positivity to balance out the incessant and unreasonable negativity.

What is terrible here is the utter disrespect OGS gets by some folks, who seem to forget a football club is, ultimately, its peoples, past and present.

PE Teacher 5-0 Flavour of the Month. Get in!
Isn't it wonderful when we actually support our manager and have true faith in him? I know how you are feeling right now :devil:

Rolaholic

Victories against the first place teams in France and Germany in the span of a week, not bad for a PE teacher I reckon :lol: ;)

passing-wind

Very good tactically tonight still lots of unanswered questions in our league form but we do seem to turn up against quality opposition.

Ekeke

Tried something different today and we got the result. Got to tip your hat to Ole this looked like it would be a tough one going in

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
We were the better side. And Ole deserves credit for that. What a time to try out the diamond with this squad, too. Don't tell me he's not tactically astute.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Your delusion is strong, probably incurable. Sad really.
The fact that you've been on this forum since 2008 tells me that you're at least 25 years old. The fact that at you're age you're trolling on an internet forum is kinda sad.

I'm not getting dragged into it anyway. Great win tonight, that last 30 minutes in particular was like the United I grew up watching.

Classical Mechanic

It was a tactical masterclass. Perfect use of the squad for the opponents. Bring Bruno and Rashford on when the opposition is tiring and expose their high line.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Proven right about what?
That our success is down to having an amazing crop of players rather than the quality of the manager. These players are good enough to win and challenge for the highest honors, not just be content with top four. We are being held back with the quality of our current manager.

Last edited:

Quinze

Please don't go back to the 4-2-3-1 again. We don't have the wingers for this.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It has felt like we have been in the minority.
teams need time.
Nah mate. We've always been the majority.

Two things have distorted reality:

1. When stadiums are open, internet shite is just noise, as its match going fans who set the agenda. And 100% of match going fans will turn on the board before they ever asked for Ole to be sacked.

2. On the internet, people who are happy don't engage that lot. It's mainly those who want to complain that will post rubbish. Its why twitter is such a hell hole, and its sad Redcafe has taken on some of those traits in last 2 years.

Manchester united fans support their manager, certainly one of our legends. Perhaps its an old fashioned thing, but we are a club rooted in tradition, not fly by night hipster flavour of the month rubbish. Sadly we've attracted some fans who don't share these values, but they will never be the heartbeat of the club.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The fact that you've been on this forum since 2008 tells me that you're at least 25 years old. The fact that at you're age you're trolling on an internet forum is kinda sad.
I'm not getting dragged into it anyway. Great win tonight, that last 30 minutes in particular was like the United I grew up watching.
Still here? Am I pinching?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't remember us playing so many good games constantly changing formation, players etc. He is building nice confidence in the team.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That our success is down to having an amazing crop of players rather than the quality of the manager. These players are good enough to win and challenge for the highest honors, not just be content with top four.
Utterly deluded shamelessness. Why do you even waste your time torturing yourself like this?

Superunknown

I thought he got it absolutely right tonight. He chose the right starting 11 for the first half, when things were tight. It got scrappy, but they didn't create anything. Then, he changed it up in the second half and timed his subs right. Huge difference today is the timing. He got the right sub choices, for sure, but he got the timing absolutely perfect. That second goal really hurt them and then we were quickly out of sight. No way should Leipzig collapse and lose the game by 5-0 after that first half, so we really put a shift in during the second and took it up several levels before they knew what hit them.

A classic performance, tbh. Should be showing this game for years to come as a masterclass in how to manage a tough Champions League game.