You have a £80mil Summer Transfer Budget...

AgentSmith

A lot of people not reading the OP’s terms and conditions.

If Haaland’s available for £80 million its a no-brainer. It’s also a no-brainer that City and Madrid would be ahead of his us in the queue if he’s moving at that price. Which he won’t be.

A more realistic summer, within the constraints of an £80 million budget while actually trying to improve the squad,
would be:

1)

Milenković (1 year left on the contract so shouldn’t be too expensive - £15/20 million)

Trippier (Same contract situation as above - £15/20 million)

Calhanoglu (Available on a free)

Zakaria (£40 million-ish)

2)

Ndidi for £80 million

Basically those options show £80 million really isn’t that much and we’re going to need significant investment to close the gap with City.

Thankfully we should be able to raise a large amount through sales which our benevolent and generous overlords will definitely allow us to reinvest in the team and not a new yacht for Tom Brady.

Last edited:

hubbuh

We are in more desperate need of a CF or regular reliable goal scorer. Haaland will score 25 league goals. A RW most likely will not. What would be the point of a RW supplying unreliable forwards?
I doubt Greenwood will be an 'unreliable forward'. Getting Sancho will finally allow him to play up top in rotation with Cavani.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Would spend the bulk of the budget on Koundé (£70M?) and the remainder of it to pay all the signing fees it requires to sign Sergio Ramos, that sorts our defence out with Maguire, Ramos and Koundé, better build-up play and we won't drop cheap points. Hopefully we can offload either Lindelöf or Bailly. Would then hope next season for some internal progression from the likes of Greenwood, Rashford, Diallo in the attack.

If Pogba leaves, we have no choice but to strengthen the central midfield. We cannot go on with McTominay, Fred and Van de Beek.

Last edited:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Doesn't Haaland have a release clause fee of 75 million euros? What I was saying is 80 million pound should cover his release clause fee in addition to his wages and Ramos's wages.
His clause doesn't kick in until 2022, so you'd have to rely on Dortmund accepting a bid under £80m for starters which despite their financial difficulties, still seems unlikely.

Add on top of that he'll probably want £200k+ p/w wages and Ramos I'd imagine closer to £300k+ p/w which would put their yearly wages at ~£13m and ~£15m respectively. I don't see how £80m would cover all this.

Giggsy13

Sell Lingard and Pogba to raise more funds. We likely get roughly £40 to £50 million for both. Then use that to buy Sancho for £70 to £80 million and a CB.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Attack + rotation
Rashford - Cavani - Greenwood
James - Martial - Diallo

Midfield + rotation
Pogba - Fred - Bruno
VdB - Matic - McTominay

Defense + rotation:
Shaw - Maguire - Bailly - AWB
Telles - Lindelöf - Tuanzebe - Williams

GK + Rotation
Henderson
De Gea

I'd say we have 3 big weak points, 2 of which ideally would be addressed this summer.

1. CB spot lacks quality and reliability, we need someone who is good and without a bad injury history.

2. We have a severe lack of experience and quality on the right-wing.

3. We need an upgrade on Cavani as first choice in 1-2 more transfer windows.

Assuming we have 80 millions to spend I would prioritise 1&2 if possible. Cavani suits us in the short-term since he brings our other attackers into play and presses a lot to help our midfield, and we have more quality to finish with our other attackers in Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba and Bruno.

I've not been watching other leagues now for a while, so I'm not going to pretend to know what is out there, but we seem to need a CB that is fast, to cover for Maguire and good in the air to help us out on deadball situations. Konate ticks for size but I've no clue about his pace.

We could go for Alaba on a free and then sign Sancho for the 80 million. That would improve both of 1&2 and free up Greenwood to play striker more. It would cost a lot in wages for sure, but Sancho would ideally stay with us for years and sort out our right wing problems while Alaba would be a hope to sort out our defensive woes or at least give us someone reliable while we shift out some of the ones with major problems with injury or quality like Jones, Bailly & Lindelöf.

First XI
Rashford - Cavani - Sancho
Pogba - Bruno
Fred
Shaw - Maguire - Alaba - AWB
Henderson

Second XI
Martial - Greenwood - Diallo
VdB - McTominay
Matic
Telles - Lindelöf - Bailly - Williams
De Gea​

I would go for this in hopes of making top 4 more likely to be achieved the next year before going for a top striker and push for the title the year after. A lot of the players in these lineups are still developing, so the extra year before going all out for a top striker makes sense in my eyes.

lex talionis

Sticking to the rules in the OP, I’d go with Sancho, who can be had for 80m.

Haaland cannot be had for 80m, so let’s not waste our time dreaming about that.

A club that cannot score more than one fukking goal against at Sheffield and West Brom needs to strengthen its front line, the glaring hole of which is RW. Diallo is a great prospect, but he’s hardly proven at the highest level.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A CB, no idea who, no idea how much they'd cost but it has to be the priority

The goals return last season from MMM and the fact we're the leagues top scorers this says even without a RW or CF (though we do have Cavani) we'll still be ok up that end of the pitch

MetoTTT

Sticking to the rules in the OP, I’d go with Sancho, who can be had for 80m.

Haaland cannot be had for 80m, so let’s not waste our time dreaming about that.

A club that cannot score more than one fukking goal against at Sheffield and West Brom needs to strengthen its front line, the glaring hole of which is RW. Diallo is a great prospect, but he’s hardly proven at the highest level.
What about if we had a good CB pairing, we could play more offensive and not play 2 CDM (who aren't CDMs) to protect them for a start?

GoldTrafford99

Two signings.... that will shore up ALL of our problems.

Jonny Evans

Declan Rice

That fills the two massive holes in our team...

If we could sign Haaland the summer after that to replace an outgoing Cavani.. I think we'd be almost there as the best team in Europe..whatwith our youngsters in the current u-23 squad all fighting for a place in our first team...

Ole is doing a stunning job.... though it seems most fans on the Caf can't see it yet.

Red_toad

Milenkovic 20 million
Zakaria 30 million
Aouar 30 million

Team would have a solid foundation and for the first time in a long time a midfield that can control dictate the tempo of the game. Then it'd be up to Mason, Martial and Marcus to prove their worth as players.

MetoTTT

Milenkovic 20 million
Zakaria 30 million
Aouar 30 million

Team would have a solid foundation and for the first time in a long time a midfield that can control dictate the tempo of the game. Then it'd be up to Mason, Martial and Marcus to prove their worth as players.
Aouar 30 mil? :wenger:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Out:
Martial - 30m - don’t care where
Romero - free
Van De Beek - 30m - hasn’t worked has it.
Jones - free
Pereira - 5m - pIs Lazio?
Pogba - 60m - Special offer Mr Zidane
Lingard - 10m - JLingz in the shop window!
Total: 135m

In:
Aarons - 20m
Sancho - 70m
Barnes - 40m
Rice - 50m
Total: 180m
Net: -45m

Squeeze another year out of Cavani, start playing Bailly more and drop De Gea for Henderson. Get AWB out the first XI. In an ideal world we’d prise Grealish away from Villa but I can’t see it now.

Last edited:

Red_toad

Aouar 30 mil? :wenger:
Oh am I supposed to negotiate a fee? I thought it was a make belief I can pay whatever the feck I like thread. He's not going to go for a huge amount, he's not going to extend his contract and will be down to 2 years in the summer. So 30 to 35 million pounds is probably going to be on the money. Gone are the days of 50 million plus being the norm, unless you're forgetting about the massive financial hits clubs have taken over the last year or so...

Remember the geese

I'd sign a centre back and a defensive midfielder. I haven't seen anywhere near enough of Kounde, Konate, Milenkovic, Torres, Botman etc to judge who the best partner for Maguire would be. The same goes for a defensive midfielder. I'm even less knowledgeable in terms of potential recruits here. I've never been a particularly big fan of Rice. Not too sure who the other potential candidates are. Ndidi, Neves, Bissouma, Camavinga maybe?

If there was any money left over (I highly doubt it), then I'd be tempted to make a similar addition to our Telles capture, but on the right hand side. Similar fee, age, profile etc. Other than Trippier, not sure who else is an option here.

Other issues can hold fire for now. I'd bring Henderson into the side as soon as possible, have Mejbri serve as Rashford's deputy and also privide an option centrally. I'd hold fire with the centre forward position, until either Greenwood makes it his own or Haaland/Kane become available. As for the right side, Greenwood and Amad is sufficient for now.

OleGunnar20

Diallo, Pellestri & Mejbri promoted to the first team, as others have mentioned.

Then either:

1st choice - Drop it all on Haaland, if hes willing to come AND if we can get assurances that Raiola wont be involved in the deal. Haaland is outstanding but I dont want the club associating with the fat feck again.

More trouble than hes worth. Didnt Haaland have two agents during the last saga? I wonder what his setup is these days.

2nd choice - A CB / DM pairing. If we're confident Konate wont be a crock going forward he looks terrific value at the reported ~£40m clause. If not a Milenkovic / Botman / Tapsoba type character to pair up with Maguire.

At DM Zakaria looked great, who knows how he'll come back from that injury. Koopmeiners was mentioned earlier in the thread and looks a good fit. I liked Ascacibar's destroyer ability at Stuttgart but haven't seen him at Hertha, maybe he'd be worth a cheap punt.

Ndidi would be perfect of course but dealing with Leicester wont end well.

Either way it brings home how close we are to a very, very good squad. Three good signings this year and we're up there with the best of them i think.

Infra-red

Konate - 40m
Locatelli - 40m
Donnarumma - free
Messi - free

Donnarumma

AWB Konate Maguire Shaw

Locatelli Pogba

Messi Fernandes Rashford

Cavani
Premier League champions 2021/22 :devil:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So theoretically, your Ole and you have a £80mil transfer budget this summer. Who do you buy and for what position?

For clarity sakes, you can't add to the budget through player sales. Its £80mil thats your lot.

Choose wisely....
Boooo

Siorac

Jonny Evans

Declan Rice

If we could sign Haaland the summer after that to replace an outgoing Cavani.. I think we'd be almost there as the best team in Europe..whatwith our youngsters in the current u-23 squad all fighting for a place in our first team...

Ole is doing a stunning job.... though it seems most fans on the Caf can't see it yet.
:lol:

Oh I needed this laugh. Jonny Evans and Declan Rice elevating us among the best of Europe. I've heard it all now.

AgentSmith

Jonny Evans

Declan Rice

Sammsky regen alert

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Kieran Trippier - RB / RW - £20m

Adds attacking width down United's right-hand side which could go a long way towards fixing some problems there.

Price - Reports linking him with Utd have suggested Atletico would want to recoup the same amount they spent on him which seems reasonable given his age and their debt situation.

Teun Koopmeiners - CDM / CB £17.5m

Hard to find an established midfielder within this budget, but he's an excellent prospect in the Matic mould - deep-lying playmaker with good size, physicality and leadership qualities.

Price - Found an article which suggested €15-20m would tempt AZ - he was linked with Everton last season towards the lower end of that range so that seems fair, Alkmaar aren't a big club and their players don't usually command high fees.

Nikola Milenkovic - CB - £39m

Probably wouldn't be my first choice pick for United at CB but he's perhaps the only player linked recently who's gettable within the money we have left, and I feel he'd be a decent upgrade next to Maguire. Lacks ideal pace and progressive passing but no slouch in either regard. Looks dominant aerially, good 1-v-1 defender and haven't seen a lot of obvious mistakes from him.

Price - Recent articles seem to suggest his asking price has dropped to between €35-45m Euros with his contract set to expire next summer.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
How can people be wanting Ramos?
I thought with Ole we are in a transition only wanted young British players to build a team for the future, the “United way” not signing players that will only be here for a couple of years or that are here for the wrong reasons,
So next year we will have a 35 year old Cavani and 36 year old Ramos . Which means we will again be in the market for a striker and a centre back next summer.
Paris and Real don’t renew their aging players contracts and we sign them up? Why not invest that money in young players that will become great players? I thought we had a scouting system set up all over the world that no one could match or something like that.

dinostar77

How can people be wanting Ramos?
I thought with Ole we are in a transition only wanted young British players to build a team for the future, the “United way” not signing players that will only be here for a couple of years or that are here for the wrong reasons,
So next year we will have a 35 year old Cavani and 36 year old Ramos . Which means we will again be in the market for a striker and a centre back next summer.
Paris and Real don’t renew their aging players contracts and we sign them up? Why not invest that money in young players that will become great players? I thought we had a scouting system set up all over the world that no one could match or something like that.
Quote:

Joel Glazer February 2021 "My father had an expression, if you want to know the road ahead, ask the person whos been there.

We found that person, 10 super bowl appearances and 7 victories..Tom Brady
."

Experience should never be underestimated.

Zen86

We need a CB, but I would like to see Graelish' lovely calves prancing around in United attire.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I will trade Maguire for Smalling, reunite Smalling & Phil Jones, call them the future of our club and take the £80mil home. Sell the club to someone else, even if the money only covers the debt I have. Less headache, more happines.

Tallis

I am probably 20mm short but would sign Milenkovic (€20mm) and Oyarzabal (€60mm). The latter can play left or right or possibly even at 10. I actually think we could be quite a potent attack with Oyarzabal on right, Rashford on left and either of Cavani / Mason up front. Amad provides cover.

Guess signing players on free is a little bit of cheating for purposes of this thread but if I could do one - possibly Alaba to cover few positions including Midfield.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Funny how people just go "Haaland" as if he'd jump at the opportunity to come here. At the rate we're gathering points right now, we should be glad to get Danny Ings.

GBBQ

I'd give the 80 mil to Bruno and make him promise he'll never leave me

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Sell Lingard and Pogba to raise more funds. We likely get roughly £40 to £50 million for both. Then use that to buy Sancho for £70 to £80 million and a CB.
Out:
Martial - 30m - don’t care where
Romero - free
Van De Beek - 30m - hasn’t worked has it.
Jones - free
Pereira - 5m - pIs Lazio?
Pogba - 60m - Special offer Mr Zidane
Lingard - 10m - JLingz in the shop window!
Total: 135m

In:
Aarons - 20m
Sancho - 70m
Barnes - 40m
Rice - 50m
Total: 180m
Net: -45m

Squeeze another year out of Cavani, start playing Bailly more and drop De Gea for Henderson. Get AWB out the first XI. In an ideal world we’d prise Grealish away from Villa but I can’t see it now.
Some people don't seem to be able to read the OP.

The Irish Connection

My heart says Haaland, my head says a center back and a defensive midfielder.
Konate maybe. Don’t really know many good midfield candidates.

Honestly though, we need all 3.