You know you're Mancunian when

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
1. You think any game can be won in the last 2 minutes

2. You cannot play football with your collar down

3.You think making things hard for yourself is a standard way of doing things

4. A great dane, Welsh Wizards and Calypso have everything in common

5. You hate everything to do with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool

6. You know what the meaning of the word "treble" is.

7. You know what and where the Theatre of Dreams is located

8. You are accustomed to and enjoy watching "Guard of Honors"

9. You can predict the step over patterns of Cristiano Ronaldo.

10. When you know who Wazza and Vida are

11. Football is not football if Manchester United are NOT playing.

12. Believe that we're still going to win the league even if we were 12 points down, with four games to go.

13. Have a closet full of Manchester United's jerseys.

14. you wake up at 4am in the states after a night of drinking having had only 2 hours of sleep to watch united play live......... against Watford

15. if ever watching a match as a neutral, you find a united connection and support that team.

16. during the summer competitions (Euro, world cup) you hope the countries in which players from united represent do poorly so they can get more rest for the season.

17. you know that if the team is doing poorly at halftime, you must change something you are doing in order to help with the comeback.

18. when you pick out colors for anything, red black and white are always what you push for...be it a blanket, sweater, or wedding.

19. and given the number....if you see the number 20...you want to add legend on the end.

20. Going behind in a match never seems like a major problem

21. England football loses the little importance it ever had. United > England!

22. United is THE United and can be said without "Man" in the presence of Newcastle, West Ham, Sheffield, etc. etc. fans

23. You first look for man utd on any football game

24. The team has to be changed in order to be exactly the same as the one in real life

25. you love being on hold trying to get through to the ticket office etc as they always play audio replays from 1999!!

26. You worship a select few gods by the names of Scholes, Neville, Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo, etc

27. You know more about the youth squad than most other fans know of their clubs first teams

28. you can be asked a number of a player by someone and be able to name them all, and if the number is vacant, name the last player to use the number

29. you call them Man United, Manchester United, United, the Reds, The Babes... but never Man Utd

30 Your cell phone's ring is a famous united song or player chant

31. 2/3rds of your time on the computer is based on united... i.e. orkut, espn, soccernet, manutd.com, football manager, etc

32. You still hate Leeds, even though they're 2 leagues down and most people don’t know who they are

33. You spontaneously come up with chants in front of the TV, much to the delight of the people watching it with you

34. You cancel your classes when they interfere with matches.

35. May 26th is a holiday regardless of what is happening.

36. your run up the wall in your living room yelling with your Man Utd shirt on after Wayne Rooney scores that goal at Old Trafford to beat Milan 3-2 in the CL semi's

37. When you cannot watch the game, your friends know to sms you every 5mins to keep you up to date

38. When walking across the quad on campus and you spot someone wearing a Liverpool shirt, you call them a dirty scouser

39. you have a 10 pg paper due at 7 pm, its 12 pm and you have only written 2 pages so far, but you drop everything to watch/ listen to internet commentary of United's match.

40. you have a 3 hour final at 12, but you finish it as quickly as possible to get out of there in time to catch a United game starting at 1. The only thing running through your mind during the exam is the possible score line/ and the scorers at that point in the game. Even if the exam was awful, you feel on top of the world upon seeing a score line where United won.

41. you say a little prayer for him every time you hear the name 'ole gunnar solskjaer'

42. no matter how shitty your day is going, watching video clips of the CL 99 final always makes you feel better.

43. the Fergie 4-4-2 is your only way to play football, even though he switches it himself

44. Your favorite player's last name is another way to say ass... no club can say that

45. You know the staff more than the players

46. No matter what the money's really for, when you see united merchandise, that money is immediately spent

copied from a post by Paritosh on Orkut

Hapi

...and his mates Doc, Bashful, Dopey, Sneezy, Grum
Bullshit....I havent bought United merchandise for the past 3 years. My nephew has been crying for the latest United jersey and I wont even let his dad buy one for him. I still call myself a mancunian. sue me.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Haha.... when I was in New York last year we planned a friday night session so that after 12 hours on the lash we could sit down and watch Utd play live & have a very drunken breakfast at 7am..... seemed a perfectly reasonable thing to do :D

Hizzy

On the run from Dartmoor with Pappa Smurf!
The thread title should really read 'You know you're a 'RED' when....'

A 'Mancunian' is anybody represented within the Gtr Manchester postcodes, or a district of (Salford, Wythenshaw, Denton, etc!). This may include a 'few the shade of blue!......'

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
5. You hate everything to do with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool

15. if ever watching a match as a neutral, you find a united connection and support that team.

29. you call them Man United, Manchester United, United, the Reds, The Babes... but never Man Utd

32. You still hate Leeds, even though they're 2 leagues down and most people don’t know who they are

38. When walking across the quad on campus and you spot someone wearing a Liverpool shirt, you call them a dirty scouser
These are all very true. In 38, it's more like walking across any form of populated area, seeing a scouser and trying not to shout "filthy, bin dipping, granny stabbing, shit thrower!"....

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
That clearly wasn't written by a Manc.

It started off alright mind.

Longsden_7

Wazza, i fecking hate that term. You can tell all footballers are thick.

Collina

I've a shorter version:

You know you're Mancunian when...

...you're from Manchester.

Reddish

Some of those are particularly bad.

What's number 44 about?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
People who do number 42 are rather sad at times. It was a great night but like Keano said, you have to move on. It was rather sad on here when that one bloke was watching the 99 highlights during the Milan away leg.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
What a load of crap... Smiley done a better one of these a couple of year ago....

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I also have refused to buy the shirt in the past five years. Partly due to the Glazers and the fact that in London if you go out wearing a United shirt you can feel like a bloody tourist fan.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
You are forever grateful that Dion Dublin broke his leg

Smash-E

i'm not a manc.

I definately wouldn't rush an exam for a united game., nor use a chant as my ringtone and my favourite player (as far as I know) isn't another way to say ass? (are you talking about nicky butt...)

rvn_10

A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... B
I do every thing in the list exept :

41. you say a little prayer for him every time you hear the name 'ole gunnar solskjaer' (i say a little prayer for united )
14. you wake up at 4am in the states after a night of drinking having had only 2 hours of sleep to watch united play live......... against Watford (I dont live in united state of AmericaLand)

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
46. No matter what the money's really for, when you see united merchandise, that money is immediately spent

copied from a post by Paritosh on Orkut
sometimes i want to puke when i see merch - but i love this club

what an annoying thread, if i saw this shit on another clubs forum i'd piss myself laughing

Donegan

Thats almost bullshit, apart from the collars while playing football.

Change the title to 'You know your a Top Red when'

Raconteur

I skipped training sessions with my high school and college soccer teams on select Tuesdays and Wednesdays because United was playing live in the Champions League.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I know some of those suck - but I find quite a few hilarious and quite true.