You wouldn't sign with United, would you?

TRUERED89

My friend, all players who have joined Real Madrid have not regretted it.
Top players like Ronaldo, Bale, Owen, etc, all wanted to stay in Madrid, for as long as they could. And this was after the abuse suffered at the hands of the demanding RMFC supporters.

To say that MUFC has better fans and that is why players should choose MUFC is ridiculous (assuming that is what you are implying).
I don't know about 'better' but we're certainly more patient, 6 years... Let me repeat that SIX YEARS!! without a single challenge.. RM fans would have car bombed some-one by now im sure :lol:..

Also like @Pogue Mahone has stated that's not even what I'm suggesting.. I'm not saying Pogba will regret going to RM, but if he's upset over that one MU fan screaming at him, then he's gonna have the shock of his life with RM fans..

Camilo

Nah I wouldn't sign for us if there were other big clubs interested.

It's all well and good talking about our history (plenty of clubs in worse states than us have a great history), about being a part of it... The great players that have played here... Is anyone going to be fondly remembering Herrera in ten years time? Five years time? Or Lukaku? Pogba? You only become a real part of the history if you win, and we're not winning anything right now.

If I was a great player, or a potentially great player, I'd be looking at how to maximize my time in football. Right now, all the evidence suggests joining us as a top player is a waste of a career.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If I were a young player, like De Ligt, for example, I would go to a club where I know I can get 1st team football and learn from the best. If I have other offers, I would definitely not join MUFC.
Of course, in 3-5 years, when my contract with the club I am with is coming to an end, I'd re-assess MUFC. I believe De Ligt, Sancho and maybe Pulisic, shared this view.

Had Jose or any other top manager stayed, it would be a different story, but given that we have Ole (who has a reputation akin to David Moyes, in World football), I'd hold fire.

Regarding being the "catalyst" to the road back to the top: Pogba tried this and you can see how that is working out.

I do realise that most of us who post on here are fans of the club, but realistically, we are not going to be winning trophies for at least a year. Footballers who want to join us, are almost certainly aware of this, which is why they are looking at other offers.

Some people have also posted that we are more attractive than MCFC - assuming we offer the same wage, most players would choose MCFC.
I think United would've been great for De Ligt. You learn to deal with the immense pressure of playing at the absolute highest level (because results or not, United's base still expect titles) while having a very good chance to play regular first team football. Of course he's not playing along the likes of Rio and Vidic, but I'm sure United have plenty of staff to provide more than enough guidance for a youngster like De Ligt. But mostly, just imagine if De Ligt is the catalyst of United's resurrection and enjoys a 10 year United career ending back at the top. That's fecking glorious isn't it? I'm a bit biased since, I dislike both Barcelona and Real and don't see the appeal of the Serie A at all, but to me United would've been an amazing choice. So would, dare I say it, Liverpool. Playing alongside Van Dijk would also benefit our country greatly of course.

Now he will win the Serie A, possibly the Copa Italia and fail to win the CL next year. Whoopdy fecking do. Might as well not win the CL at United then innit?

dove

If I was a mediocre overrated player, United would definitely be my dream. No pressure to perform, stay as long as you want while being paid ridiculous money and have a chance to win a few cups. However I wouldn’t even consider signing for us if I was a good player and wanted to win the best things.

Ban

So basically every player we do sign somehow is esentially a slave cause he dosent want it and never would want it?

I mean, yeah we're in a shit situation but the United aura is still out there. Not as strong as before but it still exists.

We're fallen but we're not some club which people dont know about and there are still many players who dreamt of playing for United..

Dazzmondo

I'd still be very interested in Utd. It has the largest fanbase in the world so I would get worldwide exposure which means more commercial upside. Also offer huge wages to top players (and considering I can have my pick of all these other top clubs I assume I'm a top player). The club still has a lot of money to spend too so I can hope that the club will invest to compete for a title in the next 5 years. At the least it's in their best interest financially to get top 4 and CL football, which again puts me on a global stage with more fan exposure.

Foxbatt

If we get to CL then maybe better players would be interested. If not the top class players want to win trophies and that is why they would not want to come unless we also have a world class manager.

AllezLesDiables

The media and our rivals fans will continue to peddle this argument and have done so since Fergie retired.

Unfortunately some of our fans have swallowed it hook, line and sinker and now wallow in self pity which they wear like so sort of badge of honour.

It's utter rubbish of course.

We are still one of the biggest clubs in the world and always will be. (despite the Glazers perpetual failings)

We will always be an elite and relevant club.

Our history, traditions and global popularity will always make us an attractive proposition to alot of players.

Our record with bringing through young players, certainly in the EPL, is still much better that most clubs and arguably much better than our rivals, including City and Chelsea.

An example of this rubbish that has been fed and spun is Sancho who apparently won't join us because we are not in the Champions League.

This line is constantly reported in the media when the player and his agent have made no such comments.

However, our fans now spout this rubbish incessantly despite no credible source.
This is how things get worse. Arrogance. Is United a massive club? Absolutely. Does that entitle United to success? Not at all.

It’s Liverpool of the nineties all over again.

Merely showing up and we’re United and expecting to win simply because of the name on the front of jersey doesn’t work unless the club is being managed properly.

United isn’t elite in the current pecking order.

The difference is shown by how Real dealt with adversity and how United dealt with adversity.

Real just hammered out 5 contracts quickly of top talent and top young talent.

United has hammered out two contracts of interesting talent and still has huge gaping holes all over the pitch and two disgruntled starters.

Where’s the Eden Hazard equivalent signing or the Jokic equivalent signing?

Irishman

This is how things get worse. Arrogance. Is United a massive club? Absolutely. Does that entitle United to success? Not at all.

It’s Liverpool of the nineties all over again.

Merely showing up and we’re United and expecting to win simply because of the name on the front of jersey doesn’t work unless the club is being managed properly.

United isn’t elite in the current pecking order.

The difference is shown by how Real dealt with adversity and how United dealt with adversity.

Real just hammered out 5 contracts quickly of top talent and top young talent.

United has hammered out two contracts of interesting talent and still has huge gaping holes all over the pitch and two disgruntled starters.

Where’s the Eden Hazard equivalent signing or the Jokic equivalent signing?
Have City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal made a Hazard signing?

In fact have any of our rivals done as much business as us this summer so far?

The point of the thread is whether players (particularly young talent), would be willing to sign for Utd.

And I believe any young talent should see Utd as a worthwhile career move for all the reasons stated.

Is it arrogance stating we are still considered one of the elite clubs around the world. Still one of the most popular and one with such a fantastic history including giving youth a chance.

Absolutely not! That's an undeniable fact in my opinion.

AllezLesDiables

The point of the thread is whether players (particularly young talent), would be willing to sign for Utd.

And I believe any young talent should see Utd as a worthwhile career move for all the reasons stated.

Is it arrogance stating we are still considered one of the elite clubs around the world. Still one of the most popular and one with such a fantastic history including giving youth a chance.

Undeniable fact in your opinion ....

Er ....

Fact is a fact.

City has signed plenty of top notch talents/players.

Liverpool has signed top notch players.

Chelsea has been falling apart as has Arsenal.

Josep Dowling

City and Liverpool don’t need to sign anyone yet City have already bought a better player than we have this season.

Spurs have signed a world class player. Chelsea can’t sign anyone. Arsenal have no money.

Maybe other clubs haven’t strengthened but why should that stop us trying to improve our team when we clearly need it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
City and Liverpool don’t need to sign anyone yet City have already bought a better player than we have this season.

Spurs have signed a world class player. Chelsea can’t sign anyone. Arsenal have no money.

Maybe other clubs haven’t strengthened but why should that stop us trying to improve our team when we clearly need it.
What WC player has Spurs signed?

Wheato

This is a really depressing thread on a United fans forum. People on here need to grow a pair and fight for this club, instead of wallowing in self pity. It's embarrassing reading some of these comments.

"Ooooh no, I wouldn't sign for United. They have firm seats in the dressing room, not like Spurs who have cushioned ones. Much better for players with piles. And City have a better hairdresser, Fabio is the finest scissorsmith in all of Greater Manchester."

Give over, you slack jawed mooncalves.

Irishman

Undeniable fact in your opinion ....

Er ....

Fact is a fact.

City has signed plenty of top notch talents/players.

Chelsea has been falling apart as has Arsenal.
Let me correct myself.

It is a fact we are a monster of a football club. An elite club with a great tradition, history and global appeal.

Happy?

Anyway, back to your point, City and Liverpool have signed some great players in last few years and Chelsea & Arsenal less so.

Would that stop players coming to Utd?

Guess that's a question that could be put to Fred and Sanchez eh!

Irishman

Not sure where you got that from? Who said this?

And again, that's not the reason for the thread.

It's whether players are no longer willing to come to Utd after our recent troubles and whether we are a draw.

The answer to this is a resounding yes, despite some comments suggesting otherwise from 'fans' seeming to be too keen to kick the club when it's down.

AllezLesDiables

Let me correct myself.

It is a fact we are a monster of a football club. An elite club with a great tradition, history and global appeal.

Happy?

Anyway, back to your point, City and Liverpool have signed some great players in last few years and Chelsea & Arsenal less so.

Would that stop players coming to Utd?

Guess that's a question that could be put to Fred and Sanchez eh!
What stops players from coming is the continued lack of direction with respect to the club’s vision.

United will always have the advantage of the name but unless United produces the name loses luster.

The top players want to get paid and win don’t want to come to a club where the standard is so far off what is necessary to challenge for the PL and CL

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It s simple. What players want from their careers?
1) money
2) titles
3) playing for best clubs in the world and in best leagues
4) playing with best players
5) playing under best managers

At this moment we can offer only money and reputation of giant club. Any player will choose rather us than lets say Arsenal or Milan or Dortmund. But on the other hand i don't see why would any player join us instead of Juve, City, Bayern, Barca....

It is just reality

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
We’re certainly below Barcelona and Real Madrid and I think always will be except for British players.

If you separate personal affiliations I think Liverpool and City are above us, Spurs also have a great manager new stadium and are on the rise so I’d say we’re around that kind of level appeal wise.

Outside of England: Juventus and Bayern I’d say offer a slightly greater appeal purely from a footballing perspective but I do think we’re close to Bayern.

Eoin McMahon

We’re certainly below Barcelona and Real Madrid and I think always will be except for British players.

If you separate personal affiliations I think Liverpool and City are above us, Spurs also have a great manager new stadium and are on the rise so I’d say we’re around that kind of level appeal wise.

Outside of England: Juventus and Bayern I’d say offer a slightly greater appeal purely from a footballing perspective but I do think we’re close to Bayern.
I feel regardless of any player we attempt to sign nowadays we are always going to be paying grossly inflated transfer fees and wages for players that their clubs would only look for from us. From signings like Daniel James or if we tried to sign Neymar we are THE club everyone knows is in a position of desperation and we are taken advantage of for it. It makes every signing we try to make that much more difficult because clubs know we will pay what no other will and not even to consider player demands when they compare with what is the average wage at the club and a huge part of this problem must lie with the Sanchez deal.

The whole squad is looking at Sanchez's wages and looking for some parity. At 350,000 a week plus his bonuses making him comfortably top earner at the club the only way he could have justified it my opinion would have been firing us to the title in his first season with us and being our star player last season and even then he would have had to be playing at a Ronaldo or Messi like level for us. I can safely say that has not been the case in the slightest.

Judging from our signings so far and the other players mentioned as potential signings, I can see a attempt to fix the mess that is our wage structure and the profile of player at the club. Young British players who have been given an opportunity to play at one of the biggest clubs in the world and being part of a team that can improve and grow together. Its a chance the likes of wan Bissaka, James, Rashford, Greenwood and other Academy players would not get at most other big clubs and its up to them to take that chance.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Nice to have it bumped on a panic buying on the last day of the current transfer window.

You still wouldn't, would you?

Ekeke

Depends on the other offers but realistically right now we can offer :

High wages to the detriment of the club
A chance at winning an FA cup or Europa League

And thats it. If one of the top clubs in another league comes in we're unlikely to be first choice

OleTheGreat

Let's forget we support this club.

Imagine you're a member of the squad, either somebody like Pogba or de Gea (who could easily play somewhere else) or somebody like Mata or Rashford. I'm not talking about people who are too poor for Manchester United (Jones, Rojo) or too old to find a top club for themselves (Young, Matić).

If you were considering your wage and potential trophies, success and popularity, Manchester United wouldn't be your choice, right? Or would it?

Discuss, tell me why you'd choose this club, because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't. No Champions League, no hope for the nearest future... maybe wages, but you never know as some players are paid too much and some too little.

My point is that we often forget that Manchester United is not a club that player want to sign with. Not anymore. Solskjaer or Old Trafford or whatever else doesn't work anymore. Some of you don't realize it, that's why I want to see what would be your opinion on this.
You're totally right about that! Except for the fact that SAF's solid years were our only wager in the past. It is highly unlikely that a player would want to come to United now. We don't seem to have a structure in place and I think this season will be the one to show it all. With all the fixtures cramped up and with literally no hope from the players on field. We're going to struggle big time. I'm not saying we're going to be the only ones to struggle but we'll struggle a lot more than other teams with the squad depth being very scary and our first team players getting belted for 6 goals in a match. If I were Sancho or Dembele, I rather play at Dortmund where they love me or sit on the bench at a huge club like Barca and play when called upon. Let's be realistic, Dembele will get his chance if he stays at Barca. We're in deep trouble and the fixtures through from when we play PSG in Paris to Everton in the league seems like a difficult round of fixtures and we will lose Ole when they are done. I hate the owners and Ed Woodward so so much. They've ruined our club and we can no more hope for anything anymore. So much has to change in the next couple of years or we're doomed. I have a bad feeling we'll lose everything in the next couple of years unless a DoF is appointed and he's willing to go the distance to stand up in front of the board and ask for what the managers want because if not, we'll keep changing managers and play rubbish football for the foreseeable future.

I hope Ole leaves before they kick him out because he is clueless and should not be a puppet in their hands just because this is a big opportunity for him. He will only dig his own grave if he keeps going. I love him and don't want to hate him at any point. We need Poch to attract players and to bring in a system of play. We're rubbish all around the pitch, I personally think our training staff is rubbish too because in the last 7 years, I've never seen this team dominate in a match with fluent beautiful football except for a few instances here and there and that is not good enough. WHEN an outsider watches a United match, his thoughts will be- this is a rubbish team and a rubbish coach. I'm so sad with what happened to us yesterday at OT. I'm only praying nothing ever so embarrassing happens ever again.

Things need to change. For the good of the club, things definitely have to change!