Television We didn't all go to Gudger College

lsd

The Oracle
I loved this show up until around S13 from the top of my head.

Never watched it after that - are there any must see episodes after S12?

I am think of ones that can hold a candle to ones like this - rather than ploughing through endless inferior series to find out:

Deep Space Homer
Flaming Moe's
Mr Plow
Homer The Heretic
Homer The Great
King Size Homer
Cape Feare
You Only Move Twice

etc etc there are quite a few more

In these stay in times I am considering making a Simpsons playlist I've not seen these for so long but I know I will laugh at them again.

Anything I have to add from Season 13 onwards?

Ta.

Off course there are good episodes after that . There are good episodes every season . It's only natural for shows to dip after a while especially when they last as long as this similar to South Park etc .

Then you have people who just think it's cool to say something isn't as good as it used to be even when they don't watch it. Which isn't really that cool as it is something pensioners do on a daily basis .

There are bad episodes and there are good ones and ones which are meh however i would rather watch a new one than one i have seen a hundred times before and know off by heart as there is always the chance of a moment of brilliance as only The Simpsons can provide.

Go into them with an open mind instead of listening to other peoples opinions and you will be surprised

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Was going to ask the same thing tbh. I got the Disney Plus trial and watched Star wars original trilogy again, some marvel films and wanted to know if there were any episodes after season 8 to watch.
Sure, 9.1 The City of New York vs Homer Simpson to start. Can’t speak to the other post about anything after 12.

GuyfromAustria

I loved this show up until around S13 from the top of my head.

Never watched it after that - are there any must see episodes after S12?

I am think of ones that can hold a candle to ones like this - rather than ploughing through endless inferior series to find out:

Deep Space Homer
Flaming Moe's
Mr Plow
Homer The Heretic
Homer The Great
King Size Homer
Cape Feare
You Only Move Twice

etc etc there are quite a few more

In these stay in times I am considering making a Simpsons playlist I've not seen these for so long but I know I will laugh at them again.

Anything I have to add from Season 13 onwards?

Ta.
I don't know anything after Season 10 either, but perhaps you could check the episode ratings on IMDB for every season and watch the ones with the highest ratings? But it doesn't look like there are many standout episodes, very few above 7,5.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I don't know anything after Season 10 either, but perhaps you could check the episode ratings on IMDB for every season and watch the ones with the highest ratings? But it doesn't look like there are many standout episodes, very few above 7,5.
Has to be a handful surely. I know it went downhill as I have tried to watch the odd random one but they've all been shit. Law of averages surely means there have been one or two clever ones?

The Cat

Narrowed my playlist down to 20 but I am missing two - need to look the ones up that have the B Sharps quartet and the mafia one where Krusty has a tiny bike and does the loop.

Then there are memories of 'chowdeeer' and 'it's all about killing snakes'.

So much goodness I've not seen for ages.

Anyway these are the 20 with maybe 5 to add on when I think more about it

Cape FeareS5 E2
Homer's EnemyS8 E23
The Mysterious Voyage of HomerS8 E9
Deep Space HomerS5 E15
Homer At The BatS3 E17
The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie ShowS8 E14
Marge vs. the MonorailS4 E12
Oh Brother, Where Art ThouS2
Flaming Moe'sS3
Two Bad NeighboursS7
Homer The VigilanteS5
Mr PlowS4 E12
The Springfield Files S8
The Last Temptation Of Homer S5
Homer The Heretic S4 E12
Homer The GreatS6
King Size Homer S7
Last Exit To SpringfieldS4
You Only Move TwiceS8

The Cat

Final version - will probably kick myself when I remember one or two that are missing but this will make ne laugh over the next week:

Cape Feare S5 E2
Homer's Enemy S8 E23
The Mysterious Voyage of Homer S8 E9
Deep Space Homer S5 E15
Homer At The Bat S3 E17
The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show S8 E14
Marge vs. the Monorail S4 E12
Oh Brother, Where Art Thou S2 E15
Flaming Moe's S3 E10
Two Bad Neighbours S7 E13
Homer The Vigilante S5 E11
Mr Plow S4 E12
The Springfield Files S8 E10
The Last Temptation Of Homer S5 E9
Homer The Heretic S4 E3
Homer The Great S6 E12
King Size Homer S7 E7
Last Exit To Springfield S4 E17
You Only Move Twice S8 E2
Homer's Barbershop Quartet S5 E1
Homer The Clown S6 E15
Lemon Of Troy S6 E24
The Springfield Connection S6 E23
One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish S2 E11
Homer Badman S6 E9
Homer The Smithers S7 E17
Mountain of Madness S8 E12

Can't believe I nearly forgot Homer The Smithers - might be the best one of all.

Fingeredmouse

Bart Gets an Elephant S5 E17 would be in my top 10.

"Hey, they'e playing the elephant song"
"D'oh!" "A deer!" "A female deer!"
The family pets competing for attention

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
The Simpsons in season six had an amazing run, episode after episode of brilliance. Save for one. The Star is Burns showed us a glimpse of tremendous decline that would devour this beautiful show. The episode still had some great jokes though.

Anyway, season six for life. Best season of every thing ever.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Simpsons in season six had an amazing run, episode after episode of brilliance. Save for one. The Star is Burns showed us a glimpse of tremendous decline that would devour this beautiful show. The episode still had some great jokes though.

A quick glance shows S4 or S6 as the best one. I couldn’t say other than 4-6 was an incredible run of three seasons. It’d be difficult to top it. Maybe Seinfeld at its peak or 3-5 of It‘s Always Sunny for a 3 year stretch.

HTG

Supports
Bayern

I think it's actually a solid episode. The issue were the circumstances surrounding it. I think it was the first time, that the writers were basically forced to do something due to pressure from the producers. It was a bad precedent.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
A quick glance shows S4 or S6 as the best one. I couldn’t say other than 4-6 was an incredible run of three seasons.
I think the reason S4 is so great is because it was the last season for most of the original writers so they kinda ran wild with it. S5-6 was probably when the shows was it it's fastest, David Mirkin was the showrunner and you could tell he put a lot of effort and his own sensibilities into it. S7-8 had Oakley & Weinstein as showrunners and the show kinda went back to being more grounded, consciously modelling it on S3. They also did some experimentation with differing results (Principal and the Pauper). S9 was when Mike Scully took over and made it into a lazy cartoon, there's some good episodes in there but most of them were done by other showrunners.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
One of the best jokes in the show.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does anyone follow Rock Bottom on Facebook? It's probably one of the only reasons I still use facebook.

The shitposts on there are amazing at times :lol: