Kick-off
Tue, 14 September 2021 @ 5:45pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

Who determines whether you can disagree with it or not?you?
    If you can reasonably disagree with the decision then it's not clear, is it?

There will be red cards where only the staunchest minority will disagree, but I think in this case there will be plenty of people who agree that it's very harsh on AWB.

A hard yellow, you're on thin ice from here, would have been what a good referee would have done.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    /we need to calm ourselves down and get organised as best we can.

Silas

The fact it's from his shite ball control makes the red even more annoying

432JuanMata

Fixing a lot of our weaknesses since Ole came has also made our remaining weaknesses look even worse. CM is a disaster and I’ve never been sold on AWB

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    Jesus wept. In control and now probably drop points.

Pogba having a mare as well. Cannot even control the ball.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    How many subs can we make tonight?

I feel like Varane for Lindelof and Matic for Donny at half time would sure us up a bit, but I don't want Ronaldo running himself into the ground, all on his own up top for 90 minutes either.
    Matic? FFS! :lol:

The guy was slower than a combine harvester against Newcastle

eire-red

Are we really going to play hoof ball because we're down to 10 men against Young Boys?

We still should have enough quality on the pitch to control this. Need to get some actual wingers on the pitch to offer a counter-attacking threat, we've no pace on the pitch at the moment.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Going from fully dominant and comfortable to now hope we hang in there because Wan Bissaka can't fecking control a ball.
    We just need to see it out and their energy will fade and we’ll get more on the counter. The problem is we have many other players who can’t fecking control a ball.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    VDB has been good. Weird game. I hate that Astroturf even on TV. I had Dalot in my team. Would not be too hard on AWB in honesty, theres something wild about him, mostly good, occasionaly gets him in trouble. We will still win this. We need to attack them and not sit back too much.

RetroStu

If we had been 2-0 up i could see us seeing out this game comfortably, but 1-0 is a bit dodgy.

So annoying when you have been looking forward to this game and this happens :lol: .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    i’m not sure subbing sancho was the right move, but I don’t think he wanted to sub DVB (even though it was probably the right move.

Although Sancho wasn’t at his best his speed was still giving us a good outlet.

think we need to sit deeper and maybe get elanga on. i’d even take ronaldo off for martial and save his legs at this point.
    Am glad it wasn't DVB as it would have utterly killed his esteem.
    Sancho will be straight back in next game, DVB won't start in the league for a while.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    This is where Ole earns his money. He needs to work out a plan for the second half as at the moment it’s only going one way. That’s if we manage to see this half out here…
    Might be Uncle Matic at this rate and go (true) 441. Basically means a lot of defending/running (and a lonely job for the one up top) but right now, getting too close, too easy.

Defend, take a chance if comes, take 1-0, go home, make AWB pay for everyone's airport duty free

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Why are people feeling sorry for Sancho? He was subbed because we went down to ten men it’s not because of his performance. He’ll play on the weekend.

James35

I actually prefer to see Dalot, not so much with Lindelof playing but alongside Varane for sure. Think he is a better attacker by a further distance than AwB is a better defender than him. If that at all makes sense!

Dazzmondo

Really poor since the sending off, just sitting back and inviting pressure. A better team definitely would have scored against us by now. AWB red was quite frustrating. Pogba and Sancho were awful in that half. Fred invisible. VDB has been pretty decent. Bruno was playing really well before the red card but he's not seeing the ball anymore and Ronaldo is completely isolated up front. We can't play like this in 2nd half and expect to win. Regardless of whether we have 10 men we need to take back control of the game 2nd half

Sviken

Textbook VDB performance for Utd thus far.
    He's been one of our better players, tbh. I don't know what you expect from him. It's not like he's been given an easy go given AWB's stupidity.

siw2007

Relieved we have the lead, but this is going to be a tough 2nd half now. AWB is an idiot, stone wall red, it was an easy game up to that point, we were going to cruise to a win until he ruined it. Think we will need to put some energetic players like Lingard and Greenwood on in 2nd to try and frustrate them. Fingers crossed we can hold on but not entirely optimistic at this point.

MattofManchester

His foot went over. More pressure and he could have broken something.

How much more do some of you want before you understand it was a straight fecking red.
    In any league, it's dangerous play.

RedDevilRoshi

Was looking comfortable but that red card has really changed the dictation of this game. So stupid from AWB. Glad it’s HT now as it’s come just when we need it. Fecking hate artificial surfaces.

Just get this win and get out. 3 points is all that matters tonight.

kiristao

Studs straight onto the ankle? If it was the other way around, would you really accept a yellow?
    Yes I would. It's not like AVB was sliding in or going it with excessive force. He was stretching and made very slight contact with the ball and ended up stepping on the guys ankle.

lex talionis

The red card was deserved. Borderline perhaps, but the right call.

A bit underwhelming overall.

Alemar

Something needs to be done at HT. VDB need to be subbed off, Mason perhaps on.

Mike Smalling

We don't make it easy for ourselves in the CL, that's for sure.

Sancho was poor, but not sure I see the sense in taking him off. We would be much more of a threat on the counter with him.

432JuanMata

At this point just get the win doesn’t matter the way but it’s not that impressive even up too the sending off

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Jesus wept. In control and now probably drop points.

Pogba having a mare as well. Cannot even control the ball.
    He doesn't look comfortable on this pitch. A few of our lot have struggled tonight. Good job we are ahead

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Need Pogba to step it up in the 2nd half. He was having a bit of a stinker in the first. He'll need to hold up the ball since neither Ronaldo or Bruno do that really.

Can see both Matic and Varane coming in, maybe Lingard too but we'll see I guess. Van de Beek was solid at least!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    Whats with Young Boys and their mussolini ultimatum being shouted from a megaphone. Shut up. Jesus. Great crowds ruined by that one fecking megaphone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 280 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Young Boys win
  • Draw