Kick-off
Tue, 14 September 2021 @ 5:45pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

The Hilton

I am not confusing two issues, i said before the red card Ronaldo touched the ball a few times in 25 mins and we couldn't penetrate.

Ill leave you to live in your bubble where everything is all dandy. Ciao.
    That's quite the strawman, given that I haven't said that everything is dandy. However, before the red card, we did get the ball to Ronaldo and did penetrate, hence going a goal up and being in cruise control. Without the red, we win easily.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    I'm sick of us clinging on desperately for half the game employing the sort of tactics small clubs do, it invites pressure. If he could coach ball retention as well that would be super. So often in big games we can't keep the ball, I'm not expecting prime Barcelona but as soon as we get it, we lose it

Tonight's game gave me the slight sense if Ole doesn't sort things out, he could lose the dressing room eventually. We now have winners in the squad and some with strong mentality, which is great, but those players want to win things, not have the mindset of a Burnley
    This, for me, is post of the night.

ExoduS

Taking Ronaldo and Fernandes at the same time was ridiculous. Ridiculous. Take one of first and see what happens. Why both players that can actually do something at the same time? That sent a message that we are trying to hold onto 1 goal which gave even more confidence YB who attacked us as if we are at bottom of Swiss league.

That Varane for VDB substitution makes no sense to me.

Watched that Lingard assist again... What the f**k. How can you be so stupid, how can you be? The more you watch it the angrier you become.

bosskeano

what really is the point of continuing to argue over this match? it's done n dusted so we move on to West Ham.

We focus on winning our home games and try to nick a point or 3 in italy or spain. We were just fortunate that the other match was a draw.

Dve

Ole simply cannot think on his feet.

Ronaldo should have been taken off when AWB get sent off.
    Greenwood should have come on.

We should have gone for it knowing they would come at us.
    Everyone seems to have their own opinion on who should have been taken off and who should have come on, but taking off Ronaldo after half an hour surely would have an unpopular one. The thing is, no one can tell how it would have gone if he´d done this or that instead. Making the right move does not always win you the game.

More than anything, it looked liked the players reacted very badly to the red card followed by a huge chance for Young Boys, with the home crowd and the artificial pitch on top of that. What ever formation you play - or with that player instead of that player - you would expect United to get hold of the ball a bit more than they were capable of, even with 10 men, but if looked like their heads dropped. For me, that was the most disappointing.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    Everyone seems to have their own opinion on who should have been taken off and who should have come on, but taking off Ronaldo after half an hour surely would have an unpopular one. The thing is, no one can tell how it would have gone if he´d done this or that instead. Making the right move does not always win you the game.

More than anything, it looked liked the players reacted very badly to the red card followed by a huge chance for Young Boys, with the home crowd and the artificial pitch on top of that. What ever formation you play - or with that player instead of that player - you would expect United to get hold of the ball a bit more than they were capable of, even with 10 men, but if looked like their heads dropped. For me, that was the most disappointing.
    The players were as confused as the rest of us with the substitute he made.
    End of story.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 280 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Young Boys win