Youngsters to Antwerp

beivel

Royal Antwerp Football Club has just revealed which players are coming to Belgium this year. Souleyman Mamam, Fangzhuo Dong and Danny Simpson are coming back and they are accompanied by Darron Gibson, Fraizer Campbell and Jonathan Evans.

What can you guys tell me about the latter three? The first three we already know here in Belgium, probably even better than you guys. :p

ERICSAGOD

Grumpy Old Git
Any news about Lee Martin he never seems to get mentioned when there is talk about the youngsters?

Coveted by many Premiership clubs, Lee signed for United in December 2003. His first full season at Old Trafford brought six Reserve goals as he was quickly fast-tracked from the Under-18s.

An integral part of Ricky Sbragia's Quadruple-winning side in 2004/05, Martin's fine form continued into the 2005/06 season. Although he only mustered one goal for the Reserves all term, Martin remained a fertile supply line for the Reds' prolific forward line.

In January 2006 Lee was one of five United youngsters sent out on loan to Royal Antwerp, where he quickly caught the eye with his energetic performances. Although the Belgians’ bid for promotion ultimately failed, it wasn’t for lack of trying on the young winger’s part.

Despite his short tenure at Antwerp, he was named the fans' Player of the Season for his efforts.

beivel

I did an interview with him somewhere in April, he was happy at Antwerp, thought it was more difficult than he expected, but I haven't heard much from him since his departure here either. My guess is he will be loaned out to a Championship side, as he is certainly not strong enough yet to compete for a place in the squad at Manchester.

But now, info about the three new boys please! :mad: ;)

BezsMaracas

beivel said:
I did an interview with him somewhere in April, he was happy at Antwerp, thought it was more difficult than he expected, but I haven't heard much from him since his departure here either. My guess is he will be loaned out to a Championship side, as he is certainly not strong enough yet to compete for a place in the squad at Manchester.

But now, info about the three new boys please! :mad: ;)
You have got arguably our best three youngsters there, Simpson being another, they will be great players for you next season.

Campbell is a pacy skillfull striker, who probably led to Ebanks-Blake being sold, he made that much of an impression last season.
Gibson is a strong centre midfielder, can do pretty much everything you'd want, tackle pass and shoot.
There is already a thread on Johny Evans somewhere in here, needless to say he is an excellent prospect at centre half.

What about Mamam? I've never heard anything particularly promising about him, but he's still on our books so I assume he has some promise. What do you think of him?

mista john

KaiserSoze666 said:
What about Mamam? I've never heard anything particularly promising about him, but he's still on our books so I assume he has some promise. What do you think of him?
I've seen him a few times. Nothing special. He has never been a regular first-teamer, even at Antwerp.

Epic

If Maman was any good he would've been in Germany with Togo. We should release him like we did with Gomez last summer.