Your favourite assists

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I remembered Adebayor sprinting off to dance and finding it hilarious, sadly it turns out he did acknowledge Walcott in the end.

paulscholes18

Always loved Kovicic assist to Icardi, know it was a goal the moment it left Kovicic foot

Fitchett

Cantona, when he chipped the ball over a row of defenders, with the outside of his right boot, for Irwin to run on to and score, in front of the east stand at OT.

Sorry that I don't remember the year or opponents, or have the video clip.

criticalanalysis

Herrera has quite the collection for Utd.

Herrera to Juanfield
Herrera to Mhiki against Spurs
Herrera to Ibra League Cup Final
Herrera's chest to Pogba against City

Apart from the last one, not the flashiest but perfectly executed bits of play.

Hm anymore I have missed?

EdIt:

Here's all of his goals and assist

Genuinely can say all 90% of his goals and assists were just brilliant bits of plays with an impressively wide variety of situations.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Messi's assist to Villa in the Clasico.

It's probably the best pass I've ever seen. I'm still amazed whenever I watch it.

prateik

This thread should have just one post.. the Berba assist for Ronaldo against West Ham..

No discussion .. /thread.

diarm

I genuinely think this one competes with Berba for best United assist I've seen:

Web of Bissaka

Herrera has quite the collection for Utd.

Herrera to Juanfield
Herrera to Mhiki against Spurs
Herrera to Ibra League Cup Final
Herrera's chest to Pogba against City

Apart from the last one, not the flashiest but perfectly executed bits of play.

Hm anymore I have missed?
If I recall correctly..

Herrera to Rashford against Chelsea

It was a good reading/anticipation and sudden high press steal.
Ruthless rob, and ruthless finish by Rashford. Quick kill.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Kaka to Crespo.

It's already been said but it's just so simple yet comes across as beautiful from the way kaka evades Gerrard and then the defender with just the right approximate inches of the pass for crespo to the lob it over the defender.

Just wow.

2nd is Blind to RVP vs Spain because he crossed it looking like it defied the laws of gravity and RVP could style it the way he wanted it

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Watched his compilations countless times on the tube. His weight of pass is just incredible.
Likewise: sometimes he spots passes out of nowhere, it seems like he's communicating telepathically with the other player. And the amount of sitters his team mates fail...

If he had kept his motivation levels up, he would had probably be considered a GOAT (he probably is at his position on the field), but that seems to be the problem of many top players through the history of this beautiful sport: sometimes they loose their hunger.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Martial for Lingard in pre-season against Madrid. That footwork.

saivet

Some of my favourites that have already been mentioned have to be Kaka assist vs Liverpool (my favourite), Blind assist vs Spain and the Fabregas assist vs Burnley.

Giggs assist vs West Ham has been mentioned and here's the video.

My other favourite is the Ronaldinho assist vs AC Milan from 0:29

Sea-Cow

Maybe not the best ever but I love this one from Silvestre to assist Rooney vs Arsenal. The Andy Gray commentary with this is one of my all time favourites as well.

One of my favorite goals. The cross is great, the first touch is better, and then the absolute crushed volley is best. I hated their keeper and that makes it even sweeter.

An underrated assist is from a years ago, we were away at West Brom I think, Lingard is running full out down the right and puts in a perfect cross when the ball takes a little half-bounce, and puts it on Zlatan's head for essentially a headed tap-in.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Favourite is the Eric one for Irwin.

A couple I liked that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Love Hughes' body shape as he plays that, just looks really elegant and there's nice shape on the ball.

Great run from Rooney and the way he dug that out with his right foot when it seems to make much more sense to cross with your left there surprised/impressed me. It's a very good goal all round, superb control and a devastating finish by Ruud.

mshnsh

Any one of Messi's assists where he produces in a through ball that travels along the turf and takes out 5 to 6 players in the process. As an example the one to Ansu Fati earlier this year. There are many of these.

Or the assist where Messi dribbles past 3 or 4 players and lays it on the plate for his teammate. Cant remember an example of the top of my head however but there are many of those too

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Messi rivals him easily. Some of his through passes are even better than laudrups.
In terms of building up the play, Messi is better. In terms of the vision, risk taking and the actually pass itself Laudrup has more finesse. And this comes from one person that considers Messi as the best player I've seen play this sport.

mshnsh

In terms of building up the play, Messi is better. In terms of the vision, risk taking and the actually pass itself Laudrup has more finesse. And this comes from one person that considers Messi as the best player I've seen play this sport.
I dont dispute that Laudrup was a great creative passer but i feel that probably the art of the through pass that Messi posseses is, for me, probably the most underrated aspect of his game compared to his dribbling and goalscoring. In particular, the through passes with the ball on the ground that take out 5,6 or even 7 players standout. Those are magical.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Maybe I'd get hated for mentioning a rival - but i dont care. I will take myself out of my body to form a 3rd perspective and know that I would think this was absolutely great.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Two united ones from memory...

Cantona chip to Irwin vs Spurs

Giggs first time cross to Cantona in the derby.

100000 Beckham assists and Pogba has some stunners too