your favourite 'tactical' victories of all-time?

Trezeguet17

Bayern Barca 8:2
Every single Bayern defender was faster than all offensive Barca players at that time and they took full advantage of this. I have never seen a team play with a defensive line that high ever before.

I remember Rio after the game saying „the high line Bayern is playing is criminal. My school team didn’t play like that.“:lol:

Last edited:

manclad1256

Some that come to mind that aren't "Put 11 men behind the ball and pray" are.

Capello's Milan vs Barca 93/94 final. Barca were hugely fancied and Capello annihalated them.
Van Gaals Ajax vs Milan the very next season.
Pep's Barca vs United in 2011 although favourites Barca dominated a Sir Alex side like nothing I'd ever seen to that point.
Madrid vs Pep's Bayern: Hammering away in Germany.

I have no idea why those park the bus and pray tactics are seen as more tactical than when playing real football.
That team fergie had in 2011 was abysmal. It was a testament to him being the greatest manager of all time that he actually made it to the final, scored a goal against that barca side, and only conceded 3 goals in 90 minutes.

manclad1256

That was not peak Barcelona :lol:
They had won the champions league 2 years before with rijkaard with the same team. Still a world class team that fergie absolutely nullified. Probably would have won 2009 final if he played park aswell

manclad1256

Not really because that Barcelona was nowhere near as good as people think. They finished 18 points behind Real Madrid and had a horrible season by their standards. Even though United won, I don't think they needed to park the bus against a side that had won 1 in 10 in La Liga.
League form is irrelevant to champions league form you should know that… who do you support?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Dortmund v Madrid in 2013. Not just the semi final but also two matches in the group stages.

Bayern v Barca in 2013 as well.