Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

Devil81

Trossard looks like it's time a big club should take a punt at adding him to their squad.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This Romeo Lavia geezer on Southhampton. Thought he was comfortably the best player on the pitch against us and that screamer he scored against the Renties was amazing. He's going to be fantastic. Too bad City have a buyback clause on him
Agree

jesperjaap

interesting to see quite a lot of the hidden gems in the first page and a bit have made major moves this summer or been linked with them, lets keep it realtively hidden gems though Gilmour, Trossard, Asensio are hardly hidden gems I would think every person on here is fully aware of all of them...one of them has a few cl medals.

Its too early in the season really for big new names to pop up that are hidden gems. One that was linked with us under Ragnick who looks some player in the making though not so hidden now though is Bella Kotchap

Last season mentioned Caqueret, Gusto and Giouri and only one has moved....strangely still within France, thought Giouri would make a big move, apparently he tailed of the second half of last season.

i havent watched much French football this season so far, but I think Lukeba at Lyon and Thuram at Nice are two young French players good enough to make big moves next summer if they progress over the season

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Everybody would like to see Nunez as the new striker but what do you guys think about Schick? He's playing very well at Leverkussen this season.
That's a really good shout. Has anyone who's knowledgeable (I'm thinking maybe @LuckyScout78 ) on the caf heard of him?

Lost bear

Guys I like based on the Portuguese league:

- Fábio Vieira (Porto)
- Vitinha (Porto)
- Matheus Nunes (Sporting)
- Porro (Sporting)
- Manuel Ugarte (Sporting)
- Palhinha (Sporting)
- Darwin Nunez (Benfica)

* Not including Pote due to a injury plagued season. Despite that 15 goals and 10 assists.

PORTUGAL players:

these two guys I think are worth a gamble at the right price

- Rúben Neves (Wolves)
- Rafael Leão (Milan)
Yes. Leao can be genuinaly brilliant. He has been recently, but I've not really seen enough to know how consistent he is. I mean, all players have their ups and downs, but I wonder if there are any Milan fans here who can tell us more about his consistency?

footballbite

Not really in a position that United need, but Mykhaylo Mudryk at Shakhtar looks a very exciting player who'll surely get a big move soon.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yes. Leao can be genuinaly brilliant. He has been recently, but I've not really seen enough to know how consistent he is. I mean, all players have their ups and downs, but I wonder if there are any Milan fans here who can tell us more about his consistency?
He won MVP of the league last season and has started this year brilliantly. I believe he is the most promising and talented player behind Mbappe, Haaland, and Vini JR.

LuessiT

Not United quality yet, but Leandro Morgalla from 1860 Munich, my local club, has had a meteoric rise. He just turned 18 3 days ago and has been a starter since the second half of last season (allthough in the 3. Bundesliga). Very well rounded CB with solid height, excellent pace while being very good on the ball. Brings all the qualities to become a top, top CB. There are lots of scouts watching these days (most prominently from Eintracht Frankfurt) as he's probably the best talent we've had since Weigl or even the Bender twins. But he's hopefully staying for at least one more year if we get promoted.
His rise is so meteoric that you will struggle to find highlight videos, but he's very highly regarded.

aeh1991

Not our priority position, but I think Antonio Silva from Benfica is a highly talented, young RCB we could someday sign to build up behind Varane.

Lost bear

He won MVP of the league last season and has started this year brilliantly. I believe he is the most promising and talented player behind Mbappe, Haaland, and Vini JR.
Yeah, he does look great. Thanks for the info.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Both I suppose.

Note. One played for your beloved Feyenoird.
Don't take me too seriously mate, I'm just yanking your chain.

On a serious note though, play acting and antics wise there is no doubt whatsoever that Sinisterra is less of a cnut than Antony. The fact he was Feyenoord's best (and my favorite) player of the last 2 seasons, may or may not help in forming my opinion that I rate him higher than him though.

AussieDevil

Nico Williams from Athletic Bilbao, 20 year old winger who looks comfortable on either side. The younger brother of Inaki Williams. I think this boy is destined for a big club and I imagine that Bilbao will be racing to extend his contract and increase the 42 million release clause.

Red4Life_#7

Armel Bella-Kotchap (Southampton)

I've only seen a few games of him, but he looks like one for the future. Built like a tank, I remember he played really well against us this season. We should definitely have our scouts watching him this season as we will be clearing out a lot of CB's next summer.

Remember the geese

PSG midfielder Warren Zaïre-Emery. Only 16 years old and has already had a few minutes off the bench this season for them. Classy, technical midfielder, not too dissimilar to Frenkie De Jong from the little I have seen of him. One to watch.

mu4c_20le

I've only seen a few games of him, but he looks like one for the future. Built like a tank, I remember he played really well against us this season. We should definitely have our scouts watching him this season as we will be clearing out a lot of CB's next summer.
Hardly hidden as he has his own thread now :lol: he looks good though.

I'd add Nathan Collins as another young defender we should be keeping tabs on.

aeh1991

Not a hidden gem, but I am surprised that Jeremie Frimpong always seems to get overlooked as he ticks all the boxes of a needed MU target: attacking RB, young, Dutch, fast, decent price (30m), playing in a top 5 league.
Should be a priority target for RB with Gusto imo

Bojan Djordjic

My nomination is unusual in that he's a 34 year old keeper that has spent most of his career not even playing top flight football. He's Manuel Riemann at Bochum. Ideally, I'd have loved if we brought him in for this season as a stop gap until we found a more long-term successor but he's basically insane and is in the 99% percentile for not just shot stopping but also sweeping and passing actions. Hard to believe he's gone under the radar without a big club signing him before now.

NoPace

Watched him closely their last game and his passing was really weak. Excellent defensively though, and his size and mobility and calmness make him tough to beat 1 on 1. Doesn't have to make last ditch tackles.

Ekeke

Sylla (19), Onyedika and Jutgla from Club Bruge are all worth scouting/keeping an eye on after they beat Atletico last night

Edit - Skov Olsen didnt play but he's one of the better players there as well. Another to look at

Last edited:

kidbob

We really missed out on signing Nathan Collins. The lad is already better than Lindelof and probably would have taken a rotation role but now will cost a fortune when he inevitably develops at Wolves. Has everything you want in a centre half, already a very good passer of the ball too.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Hugo Guillamon - DM - Valencia

avgp_1

Sylla (19), Onyedika and Jutgla from Club Bruge are all worth scouting/keeping an eye on after they beat Atletico last night

Edit - Skov Olsen didnt play but he's one of the better players there as well. Another to look at
Onyedika is a brilliant #6. Could have moved for him in the summer and we should have a look at him but now with Casemiro we can rule ourselves out of the race.

Jutgla, only seen in the CL games looks like Iago Aspas, small agile technical CF. Nusa is another one to watch in that Brugge side

Sea-Cow

I've only seen a few clips of Jutgla but he looks quality.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
PSG midfielder Warren Zaïre-Emery. Only 16 years old and has already had a few minutes off the bench this season for them. Classy, technical midfielder, not too dissimilar to Frenkie De Jong from the little I have seen of him. One to watch.
Probably the best academy product we've had in a long time, and that's an academy that includes a lot of good players that we never keep, but I think it'll be different with him. He's special.

Remember the geese

Probably the best academy product we've had in a long time, and that's an academy that includes a lot of good players that we never keep, but I think it'll be different with him. He's special.
Agreed. Whenever I've seen him, I couldn't help but feel jealous. Terrific talent.

JohnnyLaw

We really missed out on signing Nathan Collins. The lad is already better than Lindelof and probably would have taken a rotation role but now will cost a fortune when he inevitably develops at Wolves. Has everything you want in a centre half, already a very good passer of the ball too.
How’s his mobility?