Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Le Fee could be anywhere from 20-40 million euros in my opinion

Actually no idea what he would cost but thought it would make a decent joke
I actually thought le fee would likely be fecking bonkers. More so because this is the first I've heard of him.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
From Brazilian Serie A:

João Gomes: 21 y.o. Defensive midfielder from Flamengo. Extremely talented and very disciplined providing screening to the defense. He has high energy and is very aggressive. Never seems to get tired.

André: 21 y.o. Defensive Midfielder from Fluminense: not the tireless defensive midfielder, but more like a more tactical player. His passing ability is extremely impressive, he is one of the main reasons why Fluminense is ding such a great season. The team can play out of pressure many thanks to this fella. I think he will become extremely good.

Lucas Pires: 21 y.o left back from Santos FC, very solid defensively and very determined. Needs to improve the attacking skils, though.

And everybody talks about Endrick, but Ângelo Santos is showing much more IMHO. Extremely skilled player with just 17 y.o.

Lux Thunder

I would actually welcome signings like Le Fee, almost like was the case with Malacia - a relatively unknown player who will not be under much of pressure straight away and his fee would not be so big given he has only two years left on his current deal and Lorient is a team with one of the smallest budgets in France. The player that would happily accept to be a rotation option to Eriksen and Bruno.

I think he is a wonderful player, can create chances both from open play and set pieces and he has very good acceleration for a midfield player - that can be very useful in teams who are looking to transition quickly once the space is available.

He is quite a consistent performer for his age, but it would be good to keep eye on him before making judgments about whether is he ready for a move to the top clubs or not but certainly a great mention by other posters.

avgp_1

I would actually welcome signings like Le Fee, almost like was the case with Malacia - a relatively unknown player who will not be under much of pressure straight away and his fee would not be so big given he has only two years left on his current deal and Lorient is a team with one of the smallest budgets in France. The player that would happily accept to be a rotation option to Eriksen and Bruno.

I think he is a wonderful player, can create chances both from open play and set pieces and he has very good acceleration for a midfield player - that can be very useful in teams who are looking to transition quickly once the space is available.

He is quite a consistent performer for his age, but it would be good to keep eye on him before making judgments about whether is he ready for a move to the top clubs or not but certainly a great mention by other posters.
Yeah Le Fee is quite good, just think a lot like Bruno in being a bit inconsistent with his passing but brilliant with his through balls. Can be looked at as a decent backup

Lux Thunder

Yeah Le Fee is quite good, just think a lot like Bruno in being a bit inconsistent with his passing but brilliant with his through balls. Can be looked at as a decent backup
True. I always consider environments such as tactics and teammates when judging players passing ability.

For example, if Bruno can maintain the same output in creating chances while not wasting too many moves, he would have his starting place. But, if he couldn't stop "Hollywood" passes and continue to give possession easily, in a system where ETH is looking for more patient structured attacks and moving opposition he would be replaced.

Having said that, it would be interesting to see Le Fee in a better team one day.

Ekeke

Um... Le Fee has started most matches in as a DM duo this season and averages 3.5 tackles a game. Casemiro's 4.6 tackles per 90 mins for us is the only player who averages more. Next is Malacia at 2.8 and then McTom at 2.2

His competition would be Eriksen, who does a lot less defensively too. He can obviously do plenty on the ball but 85% pass accuracy when you have 2.8 key passes a game is by no means unreliable for a deep midfielder.

He would compete with Eriksen and Fred for the non-Casemiro deep midfield role. And with his current form I think he would start

AndOr Hererra

Oscar Gloukh - Saw him play in a youth tournament this summer and he looked incredible and i see hes tearing up the Israeli league this season

Antonio Nusa - Plays for Club Brugge, only 17 but i cant imagine itll be long before he emerges as a star there

Cant post links but id recommend watching highlight clips of these guys, if not for anything but to brag about knowing them from early

avgp_1

Um... Le Fee has started most matches in as a DM duo this season and averages 3.5 tackles a game. Casemiro's 4.6 tackles per 90 mins for us is the only player who averages more. Next is Malacia at 2.8 and then McTom at 2.2

His competition would be Eriksen, who does a lot less defensively too. He can obviously do plenty on the ball but 85% pass accuracy when you have 2.8 key passes a game is by no means unreliable for a deep midfielder.

He would compete with Eriksen and Fred for the non-Casemiro deep midfield role. And with his current form I think he would start
I agree he starts as a midfield 2 but he tends to drift more forward than stay as a deeper midfielder doing the metronomic stuff. He is more of a 8/10 kind of player and yes his off the ball work is very very good.

I see him as being more of a chance creating player with his lovely through balls but he also gives it away in a silly manner, hence I thought of Bruno. Yeah agree his role is more like Eriksen's though.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
What do you guys think about Shaktar Donetsk left footed CB Mykola Matviyenko? He really caught my attention when watching Shaktar vs Real the other week. Definitely a bit of a Martinez copy.

Given the transfer needs we have, getting a back-up for Martinez isn't the most sexy priority. But honestly, with our current squad, in any game we play without Martinez we would be a completely different team.

If Mykola Matviyenko -- who was linked to Ajax when ETH was there supposedly, which I found out after some googling -- could be had for 10-15m, I think he should be a must get.

Varun1

What do you guys think about Shaktar Donetsk left footed CB Mykola Matviyenko? He really caught my attention when watching Shaktar vs Real the other week. Definitely a bit of a Martinez copy.

Given the transfer needs we have, getting a back-up for Martinez isn't the most sexy priority. But honestly, with our current squad, in any game we play without Martinez we would be a completely different team.

If Mykola Matviyenko -- who was linked to Ajax when ETH was there supposedly, which I found out after some googling -- could be had for 10-15m, I think he should be a must get.
Linked to Brighton as well, worked with De Zerbi before.

Scholsey2004

Mateo Retegui. 6'1 tall, 23 year old centre forward playing for Tigre in his native Argentina. Looks a big talent.

NoPace

Oscar Gloukh - Saw him play in a youth tournament this summer and he looked incredible and i see hes tearing up the Israeli league this season
Haven't seen him play but he was apparently so good I'm surprised some mid-table Prem team or Benfica/Porto/Sporting, Leipzig or Monaco or some other team that buys young players hasn't convinced him to join, he has a 6M release clause apparently.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Charlie Webster from Chelsea who is a very talented creative midfielder is reportedly refusing to sign a new contract and it looks like he'll be available on a free transfer in the summer.

He's still 18 (19 in January) and I hope we look to pick him up on a free if we can. Man City are linked and I'm sure there'll be many other suitors. But he's definitely the profile of midfielder that brings that bit of class and guile in the defensive and middle thirds.

Remember the geese

Not so hidden due to him becoming the Premier League's youngest ever player recently, but Ethan Nwaneri of Arsenal looks a terrific talent. I have just watched him against our under 18's and he looks very impressive.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I think Burnley keeper Arijanet Murić from Man City’s academy could be a really interesting signing.

Very good with the ball and poised. 6’6. Athletic.

Only afraid that he might have some kind anti United clause.

SAFMUTD

Xavi Simons from PSV, he's from PSG's academy and has settle really well in the Eredivisie. Definitely one to look out for.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Xavi Simons from PSV, he's from PSG's academy and has settle really well in the Eredivisie. Definitely one to look out for.
He fit in well in the Eredivisie among other things because he spent 9 years at La Masia and his way of playing fits well there.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hardly under the radar?!

SAFMUTD

Hardly under the radar?!
Well haha is hard to find one truly under the radar. I mean there's the obvious ones, then there's some medium/small league ones, but a truly under the radar you'll have to look in low tier leagues or 2nd-3rd tier divisions.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
One guy who I actually quiet like is Krystian Bielik who has caught my attention when I’ve watched Mejbri with Birmingham.

Tall and strong kid 6’3, Polish international who comes from Arsenal’s academy. Very comfortable with the ball and a good passer. But also a classic CDM, clearly inclined to take care of the defense first.

Googled some on him, not surprised to see that AC Milan were interested at one point and that Derby eventually got him for a “record fee” of 10m. Derby are under administration right? Give them a 12m offer and he is probably ours.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/07/10/european-giants-eye-move-for-talented-arsenal-youngster

Anel Ahmedhodzic of Sheff United, monster in the air and good footballer
He is definitely the real deal, but going to be expensive. Fast too, really explosive. But given his price tag, I am not sure if he is someone worth focusing on. His play with the ball on his feet is certainly not bad, but also not his strength.

Lee565

Alexis Mac allister of Brighton, everyone raving about Caicedo but his partner in midfielder ain't half bad either

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
One guy who I actually quiet like is Krystian Bielik who has caught my attention when I’ve watched Mejbri with Birmingham.

Tall and strong kid 6’3, Polish international who comes from Arsenal’s academy. Very comfortable with the ball and a good passer. But also a classic CDM, clearly inclined to take care of the defense first.

Googled some on him, not surprised to see that AC Milan were interested at one point and that Derby eventually got him for a “record fee” of 10m. Derby are under administration right? Give them a 12m offer and he is probably ours.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/07/10/european-giants-eye-move-for-talented-arsenal-youngster

He is definitely the real deal, but going to be expensive. Fast too, really explosive. But given his price tag, I am not sure if he is someone worth focusing on. His play with the ball on his feet is certainly not bad, but also not his strength.
Ahmedhodzic was just signed for 2m or so, he won't be too expensive. 20m or so at most I'd guess. He's a ball playing CB, tall (6'5"), fast, but not too strong yet (still young). But his play with the ball at his feet is his strength for sure. But most of his experience is on the right of a back 3 where he can burst forward and he has a weirdly good goal and assist record for a CB. My concern would be how he adapts to a back 4 and just being a normal center back. But i can see a lot of similarities with Varane in terms of his potential (not level, but more style and their lanky figure). Huge potential IMO, but unsure if he's more of a back 3 CB vs a back 4 CB.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Kyle Hudlin anyone? 6’9 striker who plays for Wimbledon.

Not without skills:

jesperjaap

Not sue any are paticular under the radar but quite a few youngsters in the French league I think are really good options for a lot of premiership teams see really mentioned:

Vanderson - I watched a youtube video months ago of the best up and coming talents in Brazil and he looked amazing, then saw he had jsut moved to Monaco. Only seen him a couple of times and Monaco were dominating so much I didnt even realise he was a right back as he was playing high up the field. See Frimpong mentioned a lot as a target and not even seen him, but lokks rapid from youtube videos. Vanerson also looks to have searing pace and wonderful touches, would certainly be exciting. No idea tbh what he is like defensively as not seen him have to defend.

Gusto - Mentionedd quite a lot recently and was my choice to sign in the summer. TBH I think he still has quite alot of developing to do with his game positionally especially but he looks a ral talent.

Caqueret - A lot of people liek him, cant believe he didnt go to the world cup personally though maybe that was his returning from injury as not seen him much this season....should have gone to a big club in the summer though, very under rated player

Gouiri - Another should have gone to a major side but move to Rennes and the fans didn tseem overjoyed about him joining but seems to be winning them over, such a talened player that never seems to be mentioned

Khepren Thuram - Again would have picked him over a couple of the French squad midfielders at the world cup, younger son of the all time great and for me defeinately the more talented brother. A play makign midfielder I think would do well in Spain, he reminds me a little of Davids and Seedorf, not at that kind of level but I think he could develop into a really good player with the right move

Lukeba - A bit like Kotchap, rarely mentioned as a potential signing but I think they are two of the best young centre baks around, no nonsense, good strength, positioning....France have s many good centre backs and he is potentially as good as any I feel

See Enzo le Fee mntioned a lot. TBH I see him as a bit of a Aouar, talented....but not sure I see him at a bigger clun in Europe, Aouar seemed to get loads of hypeon here but must be a reason nobody has ever pulled the trigger on him

I do tink Vanderson or Gusto at right back and Lukeba as a centre back would all be very viable options for us and excitign signings, Gouiri is jsut never happening and the midfielders there are just others I prefer now but I am surprised how little we seem to look at players from the French league

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Ahmedhodzic was just signed for 2m or so, he won't be too expensive. 20m or so at most I'd guess. He's a ball playing CB, tall (6'5"), fast, but not too strong yet (still young). But his play with the ball at his feet is his strength for sure. But most of his experience is on the right of a back 3 where he can burst forward and he has a weirdly good goal and assist record for a CB. My concern would be how he adapts to a back 4 and just being a normal center back. But i can see a lot of similarities with Varane in terms of his potential (not level, but more style and their lanky figure). Huge potential IMO, but unsure if he's more of a back 3 CB vs a back 4 CB.
He definitely has a chip on his shoulder too, everyone gets likened to Vidic, but he would deserve it for sure.

Fairly certain that he has played a lot of 4-4-2 for Malmo and for Sweden on the junior side, they always seem to play that style.

I think I commented on it before, but I remember seeing him play live for the Swedish junior team when he was like 17, he was really dominant defensively with his speed. Have followed him a bit since, definitely the real deal and I think your comparison to Varane is spot on.

I think Sheff U will be promoted this season and if they are, his price could be pretty high, probably closer to 40m. If they aren’t, someone will jump on him.

Last edited:

NoPace

From the World Cup, I'd say Amrabat is the one who stands out as a logical buy to me. 2 years left to go as of this summer. We could sell VDB, Fred and McTominay this summer, buy a #8 and have a proper midfield where a single injury doesn't decimate us:

#10 - Bruno, Eriksen
#8 - New CM, Eriksen,
#6 - Casemiro, Amrabat

35 stars for Casemiro, 20 for Amrabat and lots of 15-20 minute sub appearances to save Casemiro's legs and a few starts for whichever of Mainoo or Iqbal is the 6th man, with the other getting a good season on loan somewhere and maybe a few chances for Sancho as a #10. Ideally there'd be a 3rd option at DM, but I'd rather have the McTominay money and just grab a very cheap DM from a smaller league that Ten Hag rates if there's no youngster who can fill in, though Lisandro is probably up to it and the RB we sign to backup Dalot might be too, if it's Timber for instance.

croadyman

From the World Cup, I'd say Amrabat is the one who stands out as a logical buy to me. 2 years left to go as of this summer. We could sell VDB, Fred and McTominay this summer, buy a #8 and have a proper midfield where a single injury doesn't decimate us:

#10 - Bruno, Eriksen
#8 - New CM, Eriksen,
#6 - Casemiro, Amrabat

35 stars for Casemiro, 20 for Amrabat and lots of 15-20 minute sub appearances to save Casemiro's legs and a few starts for whichever of Mainoo or Iqbal is the 6th man, with the other getting a good season on loan somewhere and maybe a few chances for Sancho as a #10. Ideally there'd be a 3rd option at DM, but I'd rather have the McTominay money and just grab a very cheap DM from a smaller league that Ten Hag rates if there's no youngster who can fill in, though Lisandro is probably up to it and the RB we sign to backup Dalot might be too, if it's Timber for instance.
Yeah he's looked good against some top teams in this World Cup. How do you think he will fare against that Portuguese midfield on Saturday.

NoPace

Yeah he's looked good against some top teams in this World Cup. How do you think he will fare against that Portuguese midfield on Saturday.
No idea. He apparently had a bunch of "injections" to play against Spain so he might get done by Bernardo, Bruno, Otavio and Felix' movements and I wouldn't really blame him.

Whoscored has him as struggling at Fiorentina, but his midfield partners are a 33 year old Bonaventura and Maleh, who has never played well when I've seen him, so might just be that. Even if it isn't him, I think we'd do well to add a specialist DM for 10-15M or so and move on from McTominay and Fred. We don't have anyone who sniffs out danger well. Doesn't need to be a sexy player, guys like Idrissa Gueye and De Roon (they're old now, but I mean them at 25) and those types of DMs move for 8-10M (probably like 12-15M now with inflation) all the time and I think we'd be better with one of them backing up Casemiro and selling Mctominay, Fred and VDB and then just signing a proper #8 so Eriksen can get lots of rest and also give Bruno rest and give us the kind of impact sub we haven't had in the middle since old Giggs, and just give the youngsters the minutes VDB gets.

Not to sound like Laurent Blanc on a conference call (because it's surely just white academy coaching, like not letting black guys who can throw play QB until recently in American football), but I think it's fair to takeaway from this tournament that Africa has a lot of decent #6s and a real lack of creative/passing #8s and #10s. Cameroon, Ghana, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Morocco all looked tough to play against except for whatever the Saudis were doing agains Mexico. If Tunisia are playing McTominay in midfield, I'm not sure they concede 2 goals in 3 games.

BarstoolProphet

#10 - Bruno, Eriksen
#8 - New CM, Eriksen,
#6 - Casemiro, Amrabat

Amrabat was nothing special at Watford in the PL, but he obviously could have improved since leaving them.