Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

SparkedIntoLife

I wonder if Nordin played the wrong position. I remember him as feisty but untalented for winger, maybe should have been a CM like his brother or a fullback.
I remember the same actually. Might be an interesting thread idea - players who should’ve played another position.

Sofyan’s a really decent player. I’ve been so impressed by Morocco.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not exactly “my” hidden gem, but like the look of this promising Portuguese kid playing in Brazil, that we are supposedly following:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/joao-moreira/profil/spieler/929866#subnavi
We're watching him closely with a view to signing him at some point in the future according to Brazilian outlet Globo. He's still only 18 years old, but looks a very interesting young prospect for the RB role, where he seems comfortable playing as the inverted fullback due to his playmaking ability.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
We're watching him closely with a view to signing him at some point in the future according to Brazilian outlet Globo. He's still only 18 years old, but looks a very interesting young prospect for the RB role, where he seems comfortable playing as the inverted fullback due to his playmaking ability.
Thanks! But he is right footed, right? Seems to have played a lot as the inverters LD however (only seen highlights, might have gotten it wrong). Exciting that he at such a young age also have played CB and CDM with Sao Paolo.

Seems to have everything — technical, really good dribbling, plays an aggressive style, but at the same time seem to be very responsible and smart, good passing — but his mobility/speed seem to be more like say a Dalot, at a young age. Just from my limited viewing of highlights, his speed/mobility was the one thing that didn’t scream “world class”.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks! But he is right footed, right? Seems to have played a lot as the inverters LD however (only seen highlights, might have gotten it wrong). Exciting that he at such a young age also have played CB and CDM with Sao Paolo.

Seems to have everything — technical, really good dribbling, plays an aggressive style, but at the same time seem to be very responsible and smart, good passing — but his mobility/speed seem to be more like say a Dalot, at a young age. Just from my limited viewing of highlights, his speed/mobility was the one thing that didn’t scream “world class”.
He is right footed.

And your assessment seems accurate from the little I've watched off the player.

Lee565

Kieffer-Moore or any massive striker. Hell, I'd take Giroud tbh
I would definitely take giroud as a stop gap this season if we can'tafford any long term targets this jan, great professional, would be cheap and doesn't cause a fuss if he has to sit on the bench.

King Kendrick

I think Gladbach were shrewd with this: Grant-Leon Ranos. Been following his ascent in Bayern II, like him a lot but still hugely unproven. And Eduard Spertsyan, although unsure his ceiling as a 10-ish type is a starter at a big 6, maybe as an 8 or nice rotational piece.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Otavio from Porto would be my pick.

Can play a multitude of positions and is a threat on the ball.

Inter seem to be close to signing him. Although maybe not a guy who will move the needle per se, he is someone you would would love to have in your squad rotation.

Golden Nugget

Not sure how good he is overall as I barely watch Villa play, but Jacob Ramsey is always class when he plays against us. Neat and tidy with his passing and full of energy.
(Not really a hidden gem as I only watch United, but I’ve never seen him linked elsewhere)

aeh1991

Not sure how good he is overall as I barely watch Villa play, but Jacob Ramsey is always class when he plays against us. Neat and tidy with his passing and full of energy.
(Not really a hidden gem as I only watch United, but I’ve never seen him linked elsewhere)
Definitely a huge talent. Though AV would ask for 100m given the last developments on the transfer market, especially when we want a player.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
What’s his actual best position?

M16Red

Goalkeeper.

Yehvann Diouf - shot cross stats are insane.

Midfield.

Mànu Koné - watching him in the U21s,he was epic in the last game

Forward.

Duk - only watched him a few times, his drive and directness was so good

aeh1991

Xavi Simons has made a huge step up after joining PSV and is regarded one of the best midfielders from the Eredivisie. I don't know how much he'd cost, but given the 6m buyback clause that PSG has, I can't imagine PSV wanting a fee that is too high. Him and Caicedo would offer us the tactical flexibility to play different formations.

onemanarmy

Xavi Simons has made a huge step up after joining PSV and is regarded one of the best midfielders from the Eredivisie. I don't know how much he'd cost, but given the 6m buyback clause that PSG has, I can't imagine PSV wanting a fee that is too high. Him and Caicedo would offer us the tactical flexibility to play different formations.
He's an attacking midfielder though, not sure that's a priority.

aeh1991

He's an attacking midfielder though, not sure that's a priority.
You are right. I thought he could also play CM like how Mount was planned to get used here. I guess it wouldn't work that much. If he was cheap I could imagine him as a Bruno backup but it also depends on what happen with Eriksen, Sancho, Amad and Hannibal who could all play there too.

onemanarmy

He is actually naturally proper midfielder though. Yet ala Iniesta thanks to his mad dribble skills and an extra eye for goal he has been pushed higher upfield. And given our interest in Mount. This kid counts as a viable alternative
He probably could play in the middle; but hasn't all season for PSV. Just looked it up, he weighs 58kg, he'd get destroyed in central midfield in the PL imo.

luke511

I'm convinced 21 year old Zan Vipotnik from Maribor is one of the best value strikers on the market currently, valued at £3.5 million. Celtic and Real Betis are some of the clubs interested in him -

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm convinced 21 year old Zan Vipotnik from Maribor is one of the best value strikers on the market currently, valued at £3.5 million. Celtic and Real Betis are some of the clubs interested in him -

:lol: the standard of football in that video looks utterly horrendous. I don't think he is at all ready for team like ours.

luke511

:lol: the standard of football in that video looks utterly horrendous. I don't think he is at all ready for team like ours.
Maybe so, he has a high pass, dribble completion and shot conversion %, so he’s excelling statistically, clearly too good for that level then? If he was signed he’d be our best striker 21 and under (excluding Greenwood), which makes him worth the small fee in my eyes. Will look forward to seeing how his development gets on at his next club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Maybe so, he has a high pass, dribble completion and shot conversion %, so he’s excelling statistically, clearly too good for that level then? If he was signed he’d be our best striker 21 and under (excluding Greenwood), which makes him worth the small fee in my eyes. Will look forward to seeing how his development gets on at his next club.
For sure too good for that level, but the jump is absolutely huge. Celtic would be a very good move I think, Champions League exposure, not a massive jump in quality and also playing for a top team in the league who'll create a lot for him.

luke511

For sure too good for that level, but the jump is absolutely huge. Celtic would be a very good move I think, Champions League exposure, not a massive jump in quality and also playing for a top team in the league who'll create a lot for him.
Agreed.

KranjskaKlobasa

Nope. Seeing him in our NT games, he is nowhere there yet. Local media is nowadays linking him with transfer to Olympiacos or PAOK.

Jericholyte2

The problem is that even with so-called hidden gems, as soon as we come sniffing around the clubs will throw out a £70-100m price tag!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The one at about 0:20 where it bobbles erratically across the farmer's field and then goes in off the keeper's dick is just top notch shit football. :drool:

aeh1991

How much do you guys rate Nico Gonzalez? Could be available as Barcelona doesn't seem to plan with him as much as with their other talents. Could do a Pique and join us.