Your PL team of the season

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Perhaps a little premature with 5 games remaining, but who makes your PL team of the season as things stand?

I'd go with...

Emi Martinez - GK - Aston Villa
He's been immense, a very sound acquisition for Villa and one of the main reasons they hardly concede. Arsenal fans must be kicking themselves that they kept Leno and let Martinez go.

Luke Shaw - LB - Man Utd
Having the season of his career so far. Chips in with assists, goals, and owns the left flank. His technique and first touch is second to none.

Ruben Dias - CB - Man City
Signing of the season perhaps, and he's been a rock at the back for City.

Wesley Fofana - CB - Leicester City
Maybe not the best over the course of the season, but he's been instrumental in Leicester's season far. A big future awaits.

Joao Cancelo - RB - Man City
I don't actually know how often he's played as a RB for City (as he's played LB too), and he's gone off the boil since our win at the Etihad, but prior to that he's been having a great season. Playing as more of a half back as opposed to a traditional right back, but he's been great this season.

Declan Rice - DM - West Ham
He might prove to be a big fish in a small pond, but he's been fantastic just ahead of WHU's defence. His passing is great, and he's been one of the main drivers that pushed them into the Champions League spots.

Ilkay Gundogan - CM - Man City
Traditionally one of the less heralded players in Man City's midfield, but he's been electric this season. Their top scorer, but also so comfortable in possession and one of their mainstays this season.

Bruno Fernandes - #10 - Man Utd
Not much to say here that hasn't been said, but what a player, and what a season he's having.

Mason Mount - LW - Chelsea
Cheating here a bit, as he mainly plays as an AM, but does enjoy that LW role too. He's a very intelligent player, and links that Chelsea midfield to attack seamlessly. If Grealish hadn't got his injury when he did, he would have had this role sewn up.

Harry Kane - CF - Spurs
World class striker. Whatever manager is at the helm, and whatever style of football is being played, you can guarantee this guy will get you goals.

Mo Salah - RW - Liverpool
Pretty incredible in such a shit year for Liverpool that this guy will still bag himself 20+ PL goals, and 30+ overall. Probably the only player for them this season that's stood up when it mattered.

What about you guys?

slored1

Ederson
Cancelo - Dias - Maguire - Shaw
Gundogan - Soucek
Salah - Bruno - Foden
Kane

POTY: Kane
YPOTY: Foden

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Martinez
Cancelo - Dias - Stones - Shaw
Gundogan - Kante
Salah - Fernandes - Grealish
Kane

Like you, I'm probably cheating a bit with Cancelo at RB but he and Shaw have been so far ahead of the rest it'd be silly not to include him. Kante's form since Tuchel's arrival edges him ahead of Rice and Soucek for me. Mount, Fofana, Pogba, and Ederson are some honourable mentions and I think in some cases recency bias means they missed the cut.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Team should be...

------------------Martinez------------------
Cancelo--Stones--Dias--Shaw
--------------------Ndidi--------------------
-------De Bruyne----Fernandes-------
Salah-----------Kane-----------Foden

OleBoiii

Team should be...

That seems about right.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Martinez
Cancelo - Dias - Maguire - Shaw
Gundogan - Ndidi
Bruno
Salah - Kane - Rashford

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
Illan Meslier - GK - Leeds
21 years old, the first season in the Premier League and first season as a starter in a professional team, GK in a kamikaze team, and a team with one of the lowest budgets in the League. 10 clean sheets, great personality, and potential, I am delighted with Meslier.

Aaron Cresswell - LB - West Ham
Probably the best season for Aaron Cresswell, one of the players with the most assists in the League and an essential part of a team that surpassed all expectations, deserves to be highlighted.

First season in the Premier League, difficult challenge, who knew him relatively well thought it would be a failure. He surprised everyone and was able not only to win the place but also to become the leader of that defense and to give a solidity that we did not imagine to Pep Guardiola's team.

Tyrone Mings - CB - Aston Villa
Perhaps the most debatable player on this list, but I think it is one of the pillars of this good season for Aston Villa, solid throughout the season.

Stuart Dallas - RB - Leeds
He can play in 5 or 6 different positions on the field, a reference of Bielsa, capable of defending well and scoring goals. Undoubtedly one of the great players of this season.

Tomas Soucek - DM - West Ham
West Ham's big secret. Able to raise 3 elephants and score decisive goals, one of the most influential players in the League, with the humility of a 3rd division player.

The unexpected revival, probably the best player of the year, no one noticed Kevin De Bruyne´s absence, and City will be champions without blemish. Great season!

Bruno Fernandes - CM - Man Utd
The heart of all Man Utd.

Mason Mount - CM - Chelsea
Survived by the criticism and the dismissal of Lampard is undoubtedly one of the greatest talents of his generation, the captain of Chelsea for the next decade.

Jack Grealish - AMC - Aston Villa
Here the decision was between Grealish and Foden, the decision may be unfair, but despite the injury, Grealish's dimension weighs more on me this season. A legendary player.

Harry Kane - FW - Tottenham
The man scores.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Martinez
Cancelo - Dias - Silva - Tierney
De Bruyne - Ndidi - Bruno
Salah - Kane - Grealish​

Zoo

How anyone can not have Shaw in the team is beyond me.

CM10

Martinez
Cancelo Dias Maguire Shaw
Soucek Gundogan
Salah Bruno Mount
Kane
Honourable mentions: Lingard and Grealish

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
70-80% of the team picks itself methinks, rest is down to subjective preference...

Substitutes: Grealish, Son, Rashford, Stones, Mount, Foden, Souček

Player of the Year: 1. Bruno Fernandes 2. Rúben Dias 3. Harry Kane
Young Player of the Year: 1. Phil Foden 2. Wesley Fofana 3. Mason Mount

Manager of the Year: 1. Pep Guardiola 2. Ole Gunnar Solskjær 3. David Moyes

mu4c_20le

I'd have lingard ahead of mount tbh. Scored more goals in a quarter of the appearances.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You have no idea how wasteful Salah has been this year in front of goal. Yes he's scored 20+ again but his overall performances haven't been that good imo. I wouldn't have any of our players in a team of the season. That being said I'm not sure you can put someone better in his position so maybe he should be in.

Some obvious ones like Shaw, Fernandes, Kane, Dias. GK is an interesting one. I like the Martinez shout.

Traub

Martinez
Cancelo - Dias - Silva - Tierney
De Bruyne - Ndidi - Bruno
Salah - Kane - Grealish​
Why Tierney instead of Shaw? I haven't watched that much of Arsenal, so interested to understand that pick.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Team should be...

Gundogan has to be there alongside Ndidi. One of De Bruyne and Fernandes needs to be dropped, but I'm not making that choice.

Pickle85

Really surprised De Bruyne makes it in to so many teams. Injured a decent amount and not at his best when not. He's brilliant, but not In the running this season for me.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
21 years old, the first season in the Premier League and first season as a starter in a professional team, GK in a kamikaze team, and a team with one of the lowest budgets in the League. 10 clean sheets, great personality, and potential, I am delighted with Meslier.

Probably the best season for Aaron Cresswell, one of the players with the most assists in the League and an essential part of a team that surpassed all expectations, deserves to be highlighted.

First season in the Premier League, difficult challenge, who knew him relatively well thought it would be a failure. He surprised everyone and was able not only to win the place but also to become the leader of that defense and to give a solidity that we did not imagine to Pep Guardiola's team.

Perhaps the most debatable player on this list, but I think it is one of the pillars of this good season for Aston Villa, solid throughout the season.

He can play in 5 or 6 different positions on the field, a reference of Bielsa, capable of defending well and scoring goals. Undoubtedly one of the great players of this season.

West Ham's big secret. Able to raise 3 elephants and score decisive goals, one of the most influential players in the League, with the humility of a 3rd division player.

The unexpected revival, probably the best player of the year, no one noticed Kevin De Bruyne´s absence, and City will be champions without blemish. Great season!

Survived by the criticism and the dismissal of Lampard is undoubtedly one of the greatest talents of his generation, the captain of Chelsea for the next decade.

Here the decision was between Grealish and Foden, the decision may be unfair, but despite the injury, Grealish's dimension weighs more on me this season. A legendary player.

The man scores.
Non-eyes football

Posh Red

You have no idea how wasteful Salah has been this year in front of goal. Yes he's scored 20+ again but his overall performances haven't been that good imo. I wouldn't have any of our players in a team of the season. That being said I'm not sure you can put someone better in his position so maybe he should be in.

Some obvious ones like Shaw, Fernandes, Kane, Dias. GK is an interesting one. I like the Martinez shout.
Who has been Liverpool’s player of the season in your opinion? Outside looking in I can’t look past Salah’s goal tally but interested to hear a fans perspective

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really surprised De Bruyne makes it in to so many teams. Injured a decent amount and not at his best when not. He's brilliant, but not In the running this season for me.
I agree, made this point a while back. Not at his best this season but still obviously a very good player.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
70-80% of the team picks itself methinks, rest is down to subjective preference...

Substitutes: Grealish, Son, Rashford, Stones, Mount, Foden, Souček

Player of the Year: 1. Bruno Fernandes 2. Rúben Dias 3. Harry Kane
Young Player of the Year: 1. Phil Foden 2. Wesley Fofana 3. Mason Mount

Manager of the Year: 1. Pep Guardiola 2. Ole Gunnar Solskjær 3. David Moyes
Agree with this, you just have to get all those midfielders in, they’ve all been fantastic this season.

Welbeckham

Ederson

Cancelo - Stones - Dias - Shaw

Gundogan Ndidi

De Bruyne Bruno Grealish

Kane

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Dias
Shaw
Rodri
Gundogan
Fernandes
Son
Kane
Salah

Honorable mentions to Iheanacho and Lingard who started too late

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
----------------Martinez-----------------
Cancelo---Dias---Maguire---Shaw-
---Gundogan--Bruno--De Bruyne--
-------Raphinha--Kane---Grealish

Lee565

_________kane
Foden--fernandes-de bruyne
_____-gundogan--ndidi
Shaw-stones-dias-cancelo
__________ederson

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ederson
Cancelo -- Dias -- Maguire -- Shaw
Tielemans -- Soucek
Salah -- Fernandes -- Grealish
Kane​

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

The man scores.
There's a lot of wrong with this yet Cresswell over Shaw still stands out.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
----------------Martinez-----------------
Cancelo---Dias---Stones---Shaw
----------Gundogan----Soucek------
------De Bruyne--Bruno-Grealish-
-------------------- Kane-------------------

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
There's a lot of wrong with this but Cresswell over Shaw is a highlight.
You also have the GK who has a great personality, and then Mings in the same team.
Assuming they are judged by their personality in matches, and not at home, then Giggs wouldn't get into any of these teams in his prime :P

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Emi Martinez

Cancelo ------- Dias ------- Stones ------- Shaw

Ndidi ------- Gundogan

De Bruyne ------ Fernandes ----- Son

Kane

Subs: Johnstone, Fofana, Cresswell, Tielemans, Grealish, Salah, Bamford.​

BlackShark_80

Martinez
Cancelo - Dias - Fofana - Shaw