Your PL team of the season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You also have the GK who has a great personality, and then Mings in the same team.
Assuming they are judged by their personality in matches, and not at home, then Giggs wouldn't get into any of these teams in his prime :P
No idea at all what people see in Mings anyway, he's terrible.

Njord

Martinez
Cancelo - Dias - Maguire - Shaw
De Bruyne - Gündogan - Fernandes
Salah - Kane - Grealish​

Boavista

Surprised to see a number of Foden mentions, and Grealish getting so few. Recency bias maybe? Not so long ago Grealish could have been one of the favourites for player of the season.
Also Gundogan is a must inclusion, he's been brilliant.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Surprised to see a number of Foden mentions, and Grealish getting so few. Recency bias maybe? Not so long ago Grealish could have been one of the favourites for player of the season.
Yeah, Foden started just 15 league games, surprising to see so many mentioning him in team of the year. Grealish should be in the team.

Classical Mechanic

Definitely recency bias. Grealish has been injured for a while but was statistically one the highest rated players in Europe playing for an unheralded side before hand.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Ederson
Cancelo Stones Dias Shaw
Soucek Rice Ndidi
Fernandes De Bruyne
Kane

Feel like the wingers in the league have dropped a level this season and that Soucek and Rice midfield deserves some praise.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Shaw
Ndidi
Fernandes
Grealish
Salah
Kane
Son

Coach of the year: Bielsa or Moyes
POTY: Kane
YPOTY: Foden

Shout-outs: Mount, Martinez, Rashford, Thiago Silva, Mahrez, Maguire, Rice, Soucek, Rapfinha, etc...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Who has been Liverpool’s player of the season in your opinion? Outside looking in I can’t look past Salah’s goal tally but interested to hear a fans perspective
I'd still say Salah because of his goal contribution but Nat Phillips has done very well for himself. No one else really deserves a mention but up until December I thought Wijnaldum was having a good season.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
————————-Martinez

—Cancelo——-Dias————Fofana——-Shaw

——————-Gundogan—-Mount
——————————-Bruno

—-Salah——————Kane——————Grealish

*no DM because I wanted to fit in Mount

Subs: Ederson, Dallas, Stones, Ndidi, KdB, Son, Foden,

BorisManUtd

2 United players in your teams of season and neither is GK. Refreshing to see after all those years of De Gea being our only player in PL's best 11.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Meslier
Cancelo - Dias - Stones - Shaw
Bruno - Gundogan - KDB
Salah - Kane - Son
Crazy that I can’t find a way to put Leicester and West Ham United players. Could put Rice or Ndidi as DM but leaving out Gundogan even though he is CM is harsh.

Silas

Don't understand how anyone can leave out Grealish, even with his injury. He's played more minutes than De Bruyne, Fofana, Ndidi and Foden in the league this season.

Grealish --- Kane --- Salah
------Gundogan -- Bruno
-----------------Rice--
Shaw---Dias---Stones----Cancelo
-------------Martinez

Haven't watched enough of Fofana to include him over Stones, but that and maybe Ndidi over Rice are the ones I'm not set on. KDB's obviously one of the best players in the league, if not the best, but I don't think he's had one of the best individual seasons this year.

OverratedOpinion

Martinez

Shaw
Maguire
Stones
Cancelo

Bruno
De Bruyne
Gundogan

Salah
Kane
Grealish

I am not a huge fan of Maguire but the fact that about half the posts in here didn't include him astound me. Son and Mahrez are both probably quite unlucky to miss out for Grealish.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Considering Balance isn't that important in TOTS
Martinez
Cancelo-Dias Maguire Shaw
Gundogan- KdB
Salah- Fernandes Grealish
Kane

Subs: Fofana, Son, Ndidi, Bamford

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Martinez

Shaw
Maguire
Stones
Cancelo

Bruno
De Bruyne
Gundogan

Salah
Kane
Grealish

I am not a huge fan of Maguire but the fact that about half the posts in here didn't include him astound me. Son and Mahrez are both probably quite unlucky to miss out for Grealish.
What's astounding is you missing out the best defender in the league.

Remember the geese

He’s been miles better than Rashford though. Rashford has been one of our poorest performers this season.
There hasn't been many great left sided options to choose from. Mane has been poor, Sterling has been fairly average, Son as I mentioned before. I don't think Rashford has been any worse than them. His willingness to play through injury and still contribute like he has done is admirable. Out of all of them, I actually think Grealish would have been my choice if it wasn't for his fairly lengthy injury.

Reactions: Cheimoon

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
His team isn't that bad a pick tbh. Creswell is a slightly odd inclusion but most of his choices have merit, it's no better or worse than most of the teams listed here.
Mings and Dallas aren’t strange to you? That’s before I laugh at cresswell over Shaw who has been the outstanding fullback this season

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Martinez
Cancelo T.Silva Dias Shaw
Soucek Gundogan Bruno
Salah Kane Grealish

El-Manos

If you don't look at balance

Martinez
Cancelo Dias Fofana Shaw

Gundogan Tielemans Bruno
Salah Kane Grealish

People have forgotten about Grealish since his injury I think :lol:

Last edited:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Mings and Dallas aren’t strange to you? That’s before I laugh at cresswell over Shaw who has been the outstanding fullback this season
Nah not overly so.
Aston Villa have only conceded two more league goals than United, and Mings has played his part in that.

Dallas is a little more contentious, but Leeds have had a fantastic season and the fact that he’s played in multiple positions to a good level, and is a key contributor to the system Bielsa employs means that while I wouldn’t pick him, I certainly understand why someone else would.

It’s nice to see someone who differed a little in his picks and chose from a variety of teams, rather than solely the big boys as some have.

El-Manos

Nah not overly so.
Aston Villa have only conceded two more league goals than United, and Mings has played his part in that.

Dallas is a little more contentious, but Leeds have had a fantastic season and the fact that he’s played in multiple positions to a good level, and is a key contributor to the system Bielsa employs means that while I wouldn’t pick him, I certainly understand why someone else would.

It’s nice to see someone who differed a little in his picks and chose from a variety of teams, rather than solely the big boys as some have.
Cresswell over Shaw is taking the piss though. I would also pick Konsa over Mings.

mu4c_20le

Stuart Dallas - RB - Leeds
He can play in 5 or 6 different positions on the field, a reference of Bielsa, capable of defending well and scoring goals. Undoubtedly one of the great players of this season.
He played mostly as an advanced midfielder this season, and only 8 games as a rightback. Not very fair to include him here unless you were going for some sort of non big 6 team.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Cresswell over Shaw is taking the piss though. I would also pick Konsa over Mings.
Shaw would be my choice, he's been excellent. Cresswell has been good though, most assists for a defender this season and West Ham are flying. If someone doesn't watch United every week they might not be quite as clued up as others about how well Shaw has been performing and the role he plays in the team.

If a poster doesn't watch Leeds with regularity they'd miss out on what Dallas contributes for example. Despite how well Raphinha and Bamford have done there's a good chance he'll be the one to pick up their player of the season.

I like Konsa, and would probably agree about having him over Mings. Neither would be the ones I'd choose for my team though.

James Peril

Having Son in this team ahead of Grealish is ridiculous. Grealish has been injured for a long while, but we all know he would have dominated in all of those games if he played. Top player, Son has been average since the beginning of the season.

Ludens the Red

Who are these people picking De Bruyne :lol: You’ve got city fans posting in here who haven’t even picked him. How the feck is he in peoples teams ahead of Grealish? He’s a top player but feck me he gets grossly over rated by people in this country. And even Foden probably shouldn’t be getting in. Doesn’t play a lot in the league.

The cafe really do love city...

Anyway
Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Konsa
Shaw
Rice
Gundogan
Bruno
Salah
Grealish
Kane

El-Manos

Shaw would be my choice, he's been excellent. Cresswell has been good though, most assists for a defender this season and West Ham are flying. If someone doesn't watch United every week they might not be quite as clued up as others about how well Shaw has been performing and the role he plays in the team.

If a poster doesn't watch Leeds with regularity they'd miss out on what Dallas contributes for example. Despite how well Raphinha and Bamford have done there's a good chance he'll be the one to pick up their player of the season.

I like Konsa, and would probably agree about having him over Mings. Neither would be the ones I'd choose for my team though.
Not taking credit away from Cresswell at all but Shaw has been on another level this season. I also wouldn't include Konsa in my team but he has impressed me more than Mings.

NYAS

Martinez
Stones Rice Dias
Cancelo Tielemans Gundogan Shaw
Bruno Grealish
Kane

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Martinez
Cancelo Stones Dias Shaw
Dallas Ndidi
Mount Bruno Grealish
Kane

Few CBs were unlucky and there's a couple who could easily be interchanged with Stones (Fofana Maguire and 1 or two others)
Salah has been good, Gundogan has been very good, Rodri, Soucek or Rice could switch with Ndidi. Plenty of others who could be included
Son has great numbers and started the season on fire, but on the balance of things I feel Grealish is the right choice.

Dallas is the controversial choice, but seeing the bold decision of @non profit football to include him has given me the courage to stand up and do the same. Thank you my friend, you walked so I could run.

Not taking credit away from Cresswell at all but Shaw has been on another level this season. I also wouldn't include Konsa in my team but he has impressed me more than Mings.
Yeah I do fully agree with you. Shaw has been brilliant and currently the best LB in the prem. I think along with Dias, Bruno and Kane he's the easiest choice for me.