Your predictions for the next run of fixtures (now, post-Ole)

Enigma_87

You know who
OP and title edited.
Anyone want to revise their predictions? Done mine: can’t see how we don’t lose the next 3.
Remains to be seen who will be temporary in charge.

If that’s Carrick we will have problems. More experienced manager might grind better results.

the_cliff

Villareal-Draw
Chelsea-Loss
Arsenal-Draw
Palace-Loss
YB-Won

Of course I'm assuming Carrick will be in charge for the games.

Last edited:
Updated now post Ole:

Carrick:

Villarreal (A) CL - Loss
Chelsea (A) - Loss
Arsenal (H) - Loss
C. Palace (H) - Draw
Young Boys (H) CL - Win

Exactly the same because nothing has changed.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Until we've got a new setup in place (coaches, manager, etc) then I'm not sure we're going to see much of a bounce.

It never seemed like the squad fell out with Ole, so I doubt there'll be the same happiness that many felt when Jose and LVG went.

We'll probably not lose quite so many, or so predictably, but if I had to guess:

Villareal - Draw
Chelsea - Loss
Arsenal - Draw
Palace - Draw

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I don’t see any reason to expect things to change under Carrick. It’s the same as last week except Ole isn’t there. No new ideas are coming in.

I’ll be impressed if we take a single deserved point from the six available against Villarreal and Chelsea. And offended because if these players suddenly decide to start playing for Carrick, they’ve been taking the piss.

Revan

Assumptionman
Don’t expect anything good happen until we get proper coaches in. Carrick and McKenna were doing the coaching anyway, and at times we looked like a team who is not even a professional team.

I also think that the team has not been properly coached for so long, that it will take a bit of time to see the team improving even after the new coaches come here.

In other words, I think that this season is already gone.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The only one I'd be confident of winning is the last one in the CL. Even Watford this weekend is tough (have they been training for 2 weeks while ours have been away?)
No change.

I don't see results changing much until maybe next season with these players. They can't handle the pressure and their attitudes are pathetic.

Farfetched

Five wins: during the protracted period when it was no longer a case of if Ole would be sacked, but when would he be sacked, the players (and some more then others) gave up playing and competing to best of their ability. The players performance on Saturday was woeful and plenty should hang their heads in shame for it. It’s for this reason of gross under performing that I think they will play more to their ability and give a better account of themselves. There again perhaps I am just a mad optimist and nothing will change, even if it does change and after this ‘bounce’ is over who knows what will happen with this lot!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
2-3 goal defeat at Villarreal
7 goal loss at Chelsea.
2 goal loss to Arsenal
2 goal lose to Palace.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss, just different accent.

My prediction stays the same until we get a real change behind the scenes. Dreading Chelsea.

MattJ166

Watford (A) - Win
Villarreal (A) - Draw / Close loss - clearly outplayed
CL Chelsea (A) - Lose (Potential Ole Sack?)
Arsenal (H) - Shit Win / Boring Draw
C. Palace (H) - Win
Young Boys (H) CL - Win (Big game from either Ronaldo, Bruno or Rashford)

I think Sancho might finally step up at some point during this run, Cavani to be instrumental in the big games (Which I think will be Arsenal and Palace as I don't see us doing shit against Chelsea)

So now my joke predictions are out the way :angel:

I think I'll change that Villarreal & Palace to a loss if we don't get a decent interim manager in in the meantime. I'm just loving the way this season has gone so far, totally worth getting up at 3:00 Am to watch the games. :nervous:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I'm pessimistic and a bit a baffled by the decision for the available players and coaching staff to have so much time off during the international break. I'm a bit worried it may be terminal until there's changes.

Watford (A) Draw
Villarreal (A) Loss
CL Chelsea (A) Loss
Arsenal (H) Draw
C. Palace (H) Win
Young Boys (H) CL Win
I don’t see much reason for optimism under Carrick. Hopefully we get a new manager before the run of three home games in a week.

I’ll stick with my current predos until further change!

pebbles8

Villareal draw
Chelsea a right good hammering
Arsenal win
Palace win
Young Boys win

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Starts today! Any last minute entries? Think it's interesting to pool thoughts before a ball's been kicked and we actually get an insight into the feeling in the camp - guessing a great/shite performance today could heavily sway some for the remainder of the fixtures, for example.

I'll go:

Watford (A) - Win

Carrick:

Villarreal (A) CL - Loss (we historically draw, but I think this one will be a defeat, unless Ronaldo)
Chelsea (A) - Loss
Arsenal (H) - Loss
C. Palace (H) - Draw
Young Boys (H) CL - Win
0 for 3 thus far. Good Stuff!

Long may it continue!